Commonwealth Bank ODI series

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
What a great series this has been, tight results, upsets and a tied game. Always liked the triangular format.

So much better than hit and giggle T20s.

Shame that punter is doing so poorly, he really should have retired from ODIs after the world cup.

Yeh bringing back the Tri-Series was the best decision ever. One day cricket is easily better than T20 in my view.

Yeh bringing back the Tri-Series was the best decision ever. One day cricket is easily better than T20 in my view.

The crowds don't suggest this though. I love the one day stuff. It's a real battle.

I don't think crowds are the be all and end all. TV ratings have been solid. I think we got used to selling out stadiums for ODIs here, particularly in Brisbane (it would usually sell out months in advance). I think the culture is changing a bit. People will wait and see how games are progressing in a series before heading along. Though with that in mind the crowds are a little poor.

Should also note that games are being shown in full in the host city these days. I remember they used to only show 2 hours on TV for a Brisbane game to encourage people to go along to watch.

The problem with the tri-series is always the games between the 2 visiting teams. Nobody gives a rats arse.
And it's also a problem when you have 1 team that's an absolute nuffy like Zimbabwe. It means 8 of the 12 prelim games are walkovers.

I also think the length of the series is a tad long. I think 4 games against each team is too much before the finals. I reckon 2 each is better, but then you don't have Australia visit every city before the finals. So make it 3. That gives Australia 6 preliminary games - 1 in each capital city. Then play the finals in Sydney, Melbourne and alternate the third (but not always the third since it's not played if the series is decided after 2) between Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.

The Crowd was very good last night. Brisbane has always been pretty good with crowds. We would sell the Gabba out up here for Test matches if we got them at a better time of year. The series is way too long. I prefer a 3 match series between 2 opponents tbh,

The ability to play tri-series is really only one of the few draws ODIs have left. While this current season has dragged on for far too long, I'm happy to see the return of the format and I hope Cricket Australia make the right adjustments for 2012/13.

Having the series of his life now that you ask.

Doesn't dispell the concerns I had earlier.

It's simple you were wrong way wrong but that is nothing new.

It's simple you were wrong way wrong but that is nothing new.

Now now, it's not nice to rub it in. At least Big Pete isn't like AP who would be arguing over 40 pages why he wasn't wrong about this, or Jack Reed, and eventually claiming he never said what he said in the first place.

:lol: Beads, like you can judge.

Jack Reed hasn't proved me wrong, yet. If he's still playing for us as a starting centre in 2015, then he would have.

And would I be upset? Nope.

I am happy to be told when I am wrong. Ricky Ponting proved me wrong all summer. So did Peter Siddle.

Dave Warner proved me wrong too.

Even if Reed is playing in the back row in 2015 he's still proven you wrong IMO Big Pete.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • ostin86
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Wolfie
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.