Conspiracy 101

I hate the pricks already. For me their a Trojan horse, made for one reason only and thats to hamstring us. I can't believe the league is this stupid. Instead of growing a market in say Perth they want to dilute South East Queensland into another Sydney situation. Out of pure hate.

We will just have another Titans, mooching from our development systems. They will just pay overs and we will be in this current state of stupidity until we just start buying premierships like the Roosters.

They don't care about diluting SEQ, it's about what they can get fast and easy. I hate to bring politics into this but it's the same deal with mining in Australia, Adani is going ahead through all adversity because the palms will get greased and by the time the shit hits the fan the people who made the money will be long gone. It happens all the time in business, golden handshakes and parachutes. All the talk about expanding the game was just to open the door to a quick money grab in Brisbane. If the new Brisbane team isn't announced at the end of the season, it will be another bad year for Brisbane next season and the new team will be introduced. Then after the miraculous "5 year rebuild" the Broncos will be back on top, maybe even premiership. The media will say "My god, 5 years ago they began their rebuild and we saw how hard it was for them, but look at them now"

I will also add this link here to show how dramatically Broncos membership has dropped since Coronavirus affected the season (Broncos down by 7k members, Eels up by 3k members).
I find it interesting to see these numbers. I mean, the Eels fans deserve some reward for maintaining their members since their last GF loss and through all their years of poor results and salary cap cheating, right?
It also says a lot about Broncos fans being rather fickle in their support. Sharks (6k), Dragons (5k) and Warriors (5k) are also big losers in terms of membership numbers this year.
Roosters still haven't shown much of a membership increase, even though they have won a two consecutive premierships. Melbourne saw a bump from 2017 (Premiership) to 2018 (GF loss) which has slowly been declining.
I think the Roosters 3-Peat will be this years result. If the Broncos want another Premiership, we gotta get those numbers down below the 20k mark. I expect Bulldogs or Manly to get another shot soon, but I wish it were the Warriors.

I hate the pricks already. For me their a Trojan horse, made for one reason only and thats to hamstring us. I can't believe the league is this stupid. Instead of growing a market in say Perth they want to dilute South East Queensland into another Sydney situation. Out of pure hate.

We will just have another Titans, mooching from our development systems. They will just pay overs and we will be in this current state of stupidity until we just start buying premierships like the Roosters.

The NRL probably get a decent kickback from ticket sales, and they know Suncorp will bring sales.

If this second Brisbane team manages to leech fans away from the Broncos, what happens when it inevitably goes under: would the fans return to the Broncos; or does the league stand to lose at least some of those fans altogether?

For those of us who've been with the Broncos since game 1, we remember the excitement of their debut. They had Wally Lewis, Gene Miles and Greg Dowling, household names now playing in QLD for the first QLD team. They had a new beer behind them challenging XXXX. And they burst onto the scene debuting a young halfback, Allan Langer, who quickly became a cult favourite. No one is calling out for a new Brisbane team. No one.

Last edited:
If this second Brisbane team manages to leech fans away from the Broncos, what happens when it inevitably goes under: would the fans return to the Broncos; or does the league stand to lose at least some of those fans altogether?

For those of us who've been with the Broncos since game 1, we remember the excitement of their debut. They had Wally Lewis, Gene Miles and Greg Dowling, household names now playing in QLD for the first QLD team. They had a new beer behind them challenging XXXX. And they burst onto the scene debuting a young halfback, Allan Langer, who quickly became a cult favourite. No one is calling out for a new Brisbane team. No one.

I notice a lot of the talk about getting rid of a Sydney team, which is well overdue, has gone away and there is a strange urgency to rush in another Brisbane team.

Looking more likely now as alleged fans are dumping jerseys in front of head office. Now the agenda to abandon the Broncos is being pushed. Watch as the new team is announced at season end.

wedding brooklyn GIF

The only club that I am aware of that has come in and had instant success was the Storm.

If they introduce a new Brisbane side, unless they pick the cream from a number of the other sides they are going to struggle for the first few years. It is not that simple to bring a completely new franchise in and have it succeed off the bat.

The only club that I am aware of that has come in and had instant success was the Storm.

If they introduce a new Brisbane side, unless they pick the cream from a number of the other sides they are going to struggle for the first few years. It is not that simple to bring a completely new franchise in and have it succeed off the bat.
This is true, unless you're getting the advantage of phantom 6-agains and a momentum advantage in the first 20 min.

Now how can they implement such a thing?

This is true, unless you're getting the advantage of phantom 6-agains and a momentum advantage in the first 20 min.

Now how can they implement such a thing?
Not even a helping hand of that nature will enable them to be successful. The top eight teams will still kill them.

Not even a helping hand of that nature will enable them to be successful. The top eight teams will still kill them.
Time will tell. I think when there is money at stake... actually I will put it like this - Where there is a will, there is a way.

Time will tell. I think when there is money at stake... actually I will put it like this - Where there is a will, there is a way.
I am not convinced that they will get to the starting post for a new team in 2023, as you say, time will tell.

I am not convinced that they will get to the starting post for a new team in 2023, as you say, time will tell.
Honestly, I hope they don't. It will be an absolute rort and the game will be effectively ruined for me (even more so). Every game between the two teams will have an underlying sense of manufactured result to me. They may pack the stadium and produce nail-biters similar to Broncos/Cowboys of late, but I will know, in my precious little heart that the game can be easily shifted with the literal wave of the hand and the magic words '6-again' *BONG*

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • FACTHUNT
  • Browny
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Justwin
  • Old Mate
  • kiwi2
  • Bish
  • GCBRONCO
  • mieko
  • Organix
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • eggstar10
  • Strop
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.