Cool story about Darren Lockyer

I was at the bunnings at Oxley with my gran back in 2009 and I happened to see Darren there browsing through the aisles. I felt like a rude bugger because he was with his wife and I like to distance myself from the players and give them some personal space when I see them out and about but I couldn't resist saying gday to him, and we happened to have a chat for about 10 minutes. He is such a nice and humble bloke.

I was at the game against Penrith in 2011 which was the game after he announced his retirement and high-fived him after the game.

I was at the bunnings at Oxley with my gran back in 2009 and I happened to see Darren there browsing through the aisles. I felt like a rude bugger because he was with his wife and I like to distance myself from the players and give them some personal space when I see them out and about but I couldn't resist saying gday to him, and we happened to have a chat for about 10 minutes. He is such a nice and humble bloke.

I was at the game against Penrith in 2011 which was the game after he announced his retirement and high-fived him after the game.

That was the same impression I had in terms of him being nice and humble. I mean here is the guy who at that moment was the most popular player in the game who was really down to earth. Nice to see.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Organix
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Jedhead
  • Spike
  • Rowdy124
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.