Corey Oates says he never saw his Origin axing coming

How many times do you see Holmes use strength and line-running to break through the line.

I've seen him score a lot more long range tries playing for Cronulla than Oates has scored playing for Brisbane. Most of Oates' tries have been finishing off backline plays.

I am not even beating up on Oates. I think he's a good wing. I just think that Holmes is the more talented backline player.

I've seen him score a lot more long range tries playing for Cronulla than Oates has scored playing for Brisbane. Most of Oates' tries have been finishing off backline plays.

I am not even beating up on Oates. I think he's a good wing. I just think that Holmes is the more talented backline player.
The thing is that we are about two completely different type of players. Qld should select whoever suits their style.
Furthermore about Oates vs Holmes. Which player is the stronger one on one defender. Origin is not only about Attack

I'd be dirty if I was Oates as well. He was without questions one of the best Queenslanders in game one. He took everything thrown at him, was tough to bring down. scored a try and played strong in defence. Other than that he did SFA.

Oates could jump half the field to put a ball down 1 handed with defence on him. He is a gun and is a better winger in my opinion and when it comes from talent, Oates is a forward turn back so you do need some talent there.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Griffo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
  • maddo
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncoscope
  • theshed
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.