Cricket Australia Contracts 08/09

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Doug Bollinger (NSW), Nathan Bracken (NSW), Beau Casson (NSW), Stuart Clark (NSW), Michael Clarke (NSW), Brad Haddin (NSW), Matthew Hayden (Qld), Ben Hilfenhaus (Tas), Brad Hodge (Vic), James Hopes (Qld), David Hussey (Vic), Michael Hussey (WA), Phil Jaques (NSW), Mitchell Johnson (Qld), Simon Katich (NSW), Brett Lee (NSW), Stuart MacGill (NSW), Shaun Marsh (WA), Ashley Noffke (Qld), Ricky Ponting (Tas), Andrew Symonds (Qld), Shaun Tait (SA), Adam Voges (WA), Shane Watson (Qld), Cameron White (Vic).

Notable Ommisions: Chris Rogers (Vic), Dan Cullen (SA), Cullen Bailey (SA), Bryce McGain (Vic).

Not a bad 25, in regards to the omissions:

The cullens barely played a game for south australia and when they did they were ordinary to say the least. Thus they dont deserve renewal.

Rogers went alright in pura but nothing when given the opportunity in the test arena. Probably deserves renewal but not suprised that Katich has taken his place.

Mcgain was never on contract I dont think, so its no real surprise he didnt get one even though he was the form spin bowler of the domestic summer along with casson! His age would also have gone against him!

Still persisting with Sunshine I see. Talented Cricketer no doubt, but breaks down at the drop of a hat.

Watson is a freak if he happens to stay injury free he will take the Cricketing world by storm. Hopefully he can stay injury free though.

Beads6 said:
Watson is a freak if he happens to stay injury free he will take the Cricketing world by storm. Hopefully he can stay injury free though.
Can't argue with a batting average of 48, especially for an all-rounder. Can't wait to see this.

1. Matt Hayden
2. Phil Jaques
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Michael Hussy
5. Simon Katich
6. David Hussey
7. Brad Haddin
8. Brett Lee
9. Mitchell Johnson
10. Doug Bollinger
11. Stuart MacGill

Throw in Symonds, Watson, Noffke, Hilfenhaus etc...all's looking well for the Aussies.

Meat77 said:
How old is Doug Bollinger? He looks 100!

He looks About 70 years younger now with his new hair!

0,,5979113,00.jpg
[icon_lol1.

BroncoMatt said:
Meat77 said:
How old is Doug Bollinger? He looks 100!

He looks About 70 years younger now with his new hair!

0,,5979113,00.jpg
[icon_lol1.

Haha...still doenst look 25 though. What can you do though? Right?

Clintos said:
Beads6 said:
Can't argue with a batting average of 48, especially for an all-rounder. Can't wait to see this.

1. Matt Hayden
2. Phil Jaques
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Michael Hussy
5. Simon Katich
6. David Hussey
7. Brad Haddin
8. Brett Lee
9. Mitchell Johnson
10. Doug Bollinger
11. Stuart MacGill

Throw in Symonds, Watson, Noffke, Hilfenhaus etc...all's looking well for the Aussies.

Who are you kidding not having M J Clarke in the side???

Beads6 said:
Clintos said:
Beads6 said:

1. Matt Hayden
2. Phil Jaques
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Michael Hussy
5. Simon Katich
6. David Hussey
7. Brad Haddin
8. Brett Lee
9. Mitchell Johnson
10. Doug Bollinger
11. Stuart MacGill

Who are you kidding not having M J Clarke in the side???

Whilst I would love to never see Clarke in the side again (he's a good player but he annoys me [icon_lol1. ) I have suspicion that this must be Denny Crane with a second username with Katich in the side instead of Clarke [icon_wink

Katich is a good player but I hope he never wears the Baggygreen again. I have no doubts he is good enough I would just like to see younger players given a chance.

I just straight up don't like Clarke. That was the team I would like to see, not my prediction of what it will be. Clarke is a good player, I just think Hussey and Katich are better. I'm not too fussed about the age factor either. Katich just broke the record for domestic runs, as far as i'm concerned he deserves a spot. I don't know what else Dave Hussey needs to do to break into the test team. He's been one of the best domestic players in the past 3 seasons. It's time to do away with the NSW dominated sides and give other players ago.

I have no problem with giving Hussey or Katich a go but they will have to wait until an injury or a sever form drop in a player. Clarkey will need to not score a run for a year to be dropped he is the future captain.

Beads6 said:
I have no problem with giving Hussey or Katich a go but they will have to wait until an injury or a sever form drop in a player. Clarkey will need to not score a run for a year to be dropped he is the future captain.

There in lies the problem. I don't want to seem like im Clarke-bashing, but just because someone is captain, or in this case, future captain should not grant them immunity from being dropped. I know captains are needs for more reasons than scoring runs and taking wickets, but while their on-field presence does increase the morale of other players, it doesn't necessarily win games. Personally I thought Clarke has an ordinary test season last year, and maybe what he needs is to play a few in the domestic competition. It worked wonders for Hayden, Langer, Martyn etc...so why not Clarke? In saying this of course...i would be extremely happy for Clarkey to come out and prove me wrong because he is a quality player. I remember back when I played cricket, the district manager Bevan used to tell me to put my head down and score the runs I should be scoring. Subsequently i started playing districts and went on from there.

A poor test season haha well that just shows how much you know. He scored a bucket load of runs and his bowling was very handy. Not to mention his captaincy in the 20/20 games. Show some respect it seems to me that you and a few others in the forum a jealous of Clarkey because he has the world at his feet.

Beads6 said:
A poor test season haha well that just shows how much you know. He scored a bucket load of runs and his bowling was very handy. Not to mention his captaincy in the 20/20 games. Show some respect it seems to me that you and a few others in the forum a jealous of Clarkey because he has the world at his feet.
Lol...yes. I'm jealous of Michael Clarke. Be realistic. If that's the only thing you took out of my post you need your head examined. Compare Katich, Hussey and Clarke's 07/08 stats, then talk to me about respect. I remember in one test he took more wickets than he scored runs, which for a top line batsmen is a little worrying. Now i'm sure you will think im judging my whole assessment on this one match, which I am not. Obviously you are a fan of Clarke, and I am not. That is the real issue here.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Broncos Maestro
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.