Cricket Australia Contracts 08/09

Katich and Hussey weren't facing anywhere near the quality of bowlers Clarke was.. Clarke made a half centruy or more in every test bar the Sydney one. He averaged around 66 all up this summer in test matches. And to back it up he was very good in the one day series. Test and Pura cup level are miles away IMO.

Beads6 said:
Katich and Hussey weren't facing anywhere near the quality of bowlers Clarke was.. Clarke made a half centruy or more in every test bar the Sydney one. He averaged around 66 all up this summer in test matches. And to back it up he was very good in the one day series. Test and Pura cup level are miles away IMO.

I agree with you 100% mate, it is a very different format. I didn't think Clarke's average was that high, but if you are right, I stand corrected. I just think Hus an Kat deserve a go. Their form warrants it. I would definately keep Clarkie in the one day and 20/20 format because I think it's his best format.

I calculated his averages myself and if I am right they are around 66 but they can't be far off that. Hussey and Katich deserve a go but nobody in the side deserves to be dropped to give them a go.

Beads6 said:
I calculated his averages myself and if I am right they are around 66 but they can't be far off that. Hussey and Katich deserve a go but nobody in the side deserves to be dropped to give them a go.

Ok, well that's much better than i thought it was. We'll see how he goes this year. I just hope Kat isn't overlooked for his age.

I think it depends on who is out of form or injured. Like if Symonds is injured the selcectors will more than likely pick Watson or Hussey IMO. But if Hussey or Ponting are injured Katich will be picked

Beads6 said:
I think it depends on who is out of form or injured. Like if Symonds is injured the selcectors will more than likely pick Watson or Hussey IMO. But if Hussey or Ponting are injured Katich will be picked
Ok, so what do you think the team will be for the first test this year?

Hayden
Jaques
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Haddin
Lee
Johnson
CLark
Macgill

I dislike Macgill but he is the only half decent spinner we have TBH.

MacGill has been pretty good over in the Windies before and will get the run however I am really worried with how little depth we have in even slightly decent young spinners coming through.

My team

1- Michael Hussey
2- Matt Hayden
3- Ricky Ponting
4- David Hussey
5- Andrew Symonds
6- Michael Clarke
7- Brad Haddin
8- Stuart Clark
9- Nathan Bracken
10- Breet Lee
11- Mitchell Johnson / Stuart MacGill (Take your pick)

dandaman said:
My team

1- Michael Hussey
2- Matt Hayden
3- Ricky Ponting
4- David Hussey
5- Andrew Symonds
6- Michael Clarke
7- Brad Haddin
8- Stuart Clark
9- Nathan Bracken
10- Breet Lee

Bracken? Ahead of Johnson? [icon_lol1.

Coxy said:
dandaman said:
My team

1- Michael Hussey
2- Matt Hayden
3- Ricky Ponting
4- David Hussey
5- Andrew Symonds
6- Michael Clarke
7- Brad Haddin
8- Stuart Clark
9- Nathan Bracken
10- Breet Lee

Bracken? Ahead of Johnson? [icon_lol1.

I don't understand what Jaques did wrong either?

Not average 100 obviously haha!! Such high standards expected from the get-go.

David Hussey wont get in the team unless Symonds goes badly or our bowlers really dominate and Ponting wants to strengthen the batting. This could well happen against the Windies seeing as they are pretty useless.

Johnson ahead of Bracken for sure, as for macgill it depends on whether the windies produce roads or not. If they do I would go with him, if not I would go the 4 pronged pace attack of Johnson, Lee, Clark and Noffke.

dandaman said:
Jacques is too slow to get off the mark!

why does that matter in a test match ??? He was only so slow in his first few tests due to nevres and the will to succed. Given more time he will dominate the test arena with brutal displays.

dandaman said:
My team

1- Michael Hussey
2- Matt Hayden
3- Ricky Ponting
4- David Hussey
5- Andrew Symonds
6- Michael Clarke
7- Brad Haddin
8- Stuart Clark
9- Nathan Bracken
10- Breet Lee

I like your team. Except swap Clarke and D.Hussey, drop Bracken and play Johnson and MacGill.

dandaman said:
Jacques is too slow to get off the mark!

Compared to the reputations of the class players around him, yes, but the inital "slow" pace is more than made up for by the consistent totals he's put on the board. He's very rarely thrown away his wicket in the time that he's played for Australia.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
MacGill has been pretty good over in the Windies before and will get the run however I am really worried with how little depth we have in even slightly decent young spinners coming through.

Do you not remember MacGill contributing significantly to the Windies chasing a record run total to beat us in a test last time we were there?

The highest 4th innings winning run chase in test history I believe!! 7/417(9) I think it was, Lara tore us apart in that innings, as he has done on many other occasions ie 277 in sydney was classic.

I too am worried about the spinning depth but our fast bowling stocks are that good we dont really need a first class spinner such as a Warne, Murali or Vettori at moment. However it would be handy to have someone young that was bowling well.

I believe that if Macgill doesnt produce in the first or second test, Casson will get a shot. This would be good because left arm orthodox spinners are in small numbers in the world these days. Only one of quality is Vettori! Casson could develop into a Vettori with game time, and whats more he bats just as well maybe better than Daniel. Thus we could pick 5 bowlers if we wanted and bat Haddin at 6.

Active Now

• LockyersLeftBoot
  • theshed
  • sooticus
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.