Cronk Has a Soul of a Poet

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Pukahontas eat your heart out!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...655477237?sv=98c84e62a019c4a385da2d5b6e300876

"To be brutally honest I was in a state of grace at that particular moment. Within those few split seconds of time between actually receiving the ball and landing it at its intended destination, there was no noise in my head whatsoever," Cronk said.

"Every sinew in my body came together in one perfect whole. But those who have ever experienced that feeling, and it doesn't happen very often, will tell you it's in a whole other place of experience from the usual ego or vanity that drives my game. So I'm not afraid to own it for what it was.

"I didn't feel good or bad about myself afterwards. I began to realise when we are being completely free of our own expectation, the body extends into its natural form, without impediment. And things happen."

What's the go with Cronk? He seems like such an odd character.

I get the feeling he's an introvert who's more into philosophy and existentialism than getting on the sauce and taking selfies.

He's probably single, and trying to hook a winner.

Look at me ladies, I have pretty hair AND I talk this shit that you like to hear.

It's a breath of fresh air compared to the usual "Yeah, nah, the boys went well and I didn't want to let the boys down".

The worst one is when they continually say 'you know'. Fucking stop it!

He is a Private schooled Union boy after all.

His website has some more kooky shit like that too.

Good on him for being able to express that and have the confidence in himself to put it out there. The public are constantly berating players for not being role models and the first thing we do when someone is capable of expressing himself above the norm and capable of thinking that way is bag them.

Cronk clearly is a thinker, he will probably end up in the media and the media will be better off for it.

Apparently he has his strict time limit on interviews and will only provide lengthy responses via email.

I'm not having a go at him, I find it refreshing but definitely very odd.

Nothing odd about it to me. Seems like a very eloquent and well spoken man. As others have said, it makes for a welcome change as opposed to the sounds of wasted schooling you get from most players.

Pukahontas eat your heart out!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...655477237?sv=98c84e62a019c4a385da2d5b6e300876

"To be brutally honest I was in a state of grace at that particular moment. Within those few split seconds of time between actually receiving the ball and landing it at its intended destination, there was no noise in my head whatsoever," Cronk said.

"Every sinew in my body came together in one perfect whole. But those who have ever experienced that feeling, and it doesn't happen very often, will tell you it's in a whole other place of experience from the usual ego or vanity that drives my game. So I'm not afraid to own it for what it was.

"I didn't feel good or bad about myself afterwards. I began to realise when we are being completely free of our own expectation, the body extends into its natural form, without impediment. And things happen."

What's the go with Cronk? He seems like such an odd character.
I admit it's funny but good on him, obviously the way he thinks is the key to his success and credit to him for not pumping out a cliche.

I think it's cool that he's given the fans an insight into how he thinks. Not many players do that.

Last edited:
I haven't checked his site in great detail, but does it cover his tee ball career?

That would have been cool had it not been said by a cheat

I haven't checked his site in great detail, but does it cover his tee ball career?

No, but it has a poem by Rudyard Kipling and something about breakfast cereals being bad for you.

I have to say Cooper seems very odd in the way he comes across but I'd prefer that to most of the ideas we see.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • cento
  • Mustafur
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.