Darius eyes early return, Moga to Knights

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
BRISBANE skipper Darius Boyd is poised to make an early return from injury as coach Wayne Bennett confirmed centre Tautau Moga was the second Bronco to defect to Newcastle.

Boyd is ahead of schedule in his recovery from a broken thumb and hopes to be back for Brisbane’s Round 21 clash against Parramatta in Sydney on Friday week.

The Broncos welcomed five-eighth Anthony Milford’s comeback against the Knights on Saturday and Boyd’s return will restore order to Brisbane’s playmaking spine.

Boyd did some light running with his hand in a cast at Broncos training on Friday.

He is eyeing a return in 11 days against the Eels at ANZ Stadium — the scene of his Origin II injury.

“I’m not too far away,” Boyd said.

“I still have the pins in my hand so the sooner I have the pins taken out, the sooner I will be back.

“I am planning to be back in a few weeks. I don’t think I will be right for the Bulldogs game (at Suncorp Stadium on Thursday night), but I think the week or two after that I will be right.

“We’ve had a bye and then I missed Origin III, so thankfully I haven’t missed too many games for the Broncos.”

Boyd was in the thick of Queensland’s dressingroom celebrations on Wednesday night but admitted he found it hard to watch after having his 28-game Origin streak broken.

“It’s bittersweet because I wasn’t part of it (the decider),” the Maroons veteran said.

“It was good to be included on the bus with the team, I still felt a part of it and that’s what’s great about this Queensland team — we have a special bond as a group.”

Boyd played 62 games for Newcastle and now the Knights have poached two of his Broncos teammates, with Bennett revealing Moga will join prop Herman Ese’ese in the Hunter next year.

Newcastle are refusing to announce the signings but Bennett confirmed The Courier-Mail’s report last week that the Knights have snared Moga and Ese’ese.

“Tautau told me he is leaving, Herman told me he is leaving,’’ he said. ‘‘They are both going to the Knights so that’s all I know. The salary cap makes it impossible to keep everyone, that’s the way it works these days.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/d57f74f98e084f590deab63bd9969dbd

I don't really get Bennett here.

He complained when Sharks confirmed Bird was coming to the Broncos before they did.. And then he does it.

I don't really get Bennett here.

He complained when Sharks confirmed Bird was coming to the Broncos before they did.. And then he does it.

The complaint with the Bird signing was that it was done inside the 10 days. I'm not sure where the timing of the Moga announcement by Bennett.

I think Benny can deliver us another grand final win if not this year certainly in the near future. I trust his decisions painful as they are.

Hadn't see it officially posted on here, but Tautau to the Knights is confirmed.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2017/07/18/newcastle_sign_tauta.html

The nib Newcastle Knights are pleased to confirm centre Tautau Moga has signed a three-year contract, commencing in 2018.
Moga made his NRL debut in 2012, playing for the Sydney Roosters before linking with the North Queensland Cowboys in 2014 and the Brisbane Broncos in 2017.
The 23-year-old has played 49 NRL matches.
“We are looking forward to welcoming Tautau to the Knights next season,” CEO Matt Gidley said.
“Tautau is an athletic and exciting outside back and he will be a great addition to our squad.”
Moga joins Kalyn Ponga and Aidan Guerra at the Club in 2018, while Shaun Kenny-Dowall has arrived at the Club mid-season.
“We continue to build our squad for next season and beyond and plan to have further announcements over the coming weeks,” Gidley concluded.

Hadn't see it officially posted on here, but Tautau to the Knights is confirmed.

The nib Newcastle Knights are pleased to confirm centre Tautau Moga has signed a three-year contract, commencing in 2018.
Moga made his NRL debut in 2012, playing for the Sydney Roosters before linking with the North Queensland Cowboys in 2014 and the Brisbane Broncos in 2017.
“We are looking forward to welcoming Tautau to the Knights next season,” CEO Matt Gidley said.
“Tautau is an athletic and exciting outside back and he will be a great addition to our squad.”
Moga joins Kalyn Ponga and Aidan Guerra at the Club in 2018, while Shaun Kenny-Dowall has arrived at the Club mid-season.
“We continue to build our squad for next season and beyond and plan to have further announcements over the coming weeks,” Gidley concluded.

i think Bennett confirmed it in a post match interview ...

but nonetheless, time for him to make way and give someone else an opportunity :biggrin:

Moga can take his pay day and on his constant wooden spoons.

So another transfer related article with zero mention of a contract figure... broncos must be the only club generous enough to outline the salary details of new contracts

So another transfer related article with zero mention of a contract figure... broncos must be the only club generous enough to outline the salary details of new contracts

that was a statement from the Knights ... clubs never specify the details of players contracts in their statements

that was a statement from the Knights ... clubs never specify the details of players contracts in their statements
I'm aware of that was more referring to the hypocrisy of journos loving to throw around contract numbers like they're facts when broncos sign anyone, but seemingly have no idea when another club makes a signing. Unfortunately there isn't a sarcasm emoji.

In reality there is no way they would know the figures ever. Players aren't the smartest but I doubt they go around spruiking about their pay day... although there are a lot of dickheads in the world who think they're God's gift to humanity.

If they're going to say that it comes from the managers then I'd be highly pissed off as a player knowing my manager just flippantly throws my earnings out there like it's nothing.

Also the clubs wouldn't pass it out knowing they would lose trust with their playing group.

I just don't see how they would get their hands on ACTUAL salaries yet they throw out figures based entirely on hear say acting like it's fact.

Their team is slowly building and I am happy to see that.

I dont blame Moga one bit. You would think he is only one more serious injury away from retirement, i'd take any decent contract i could get in his position. Hopefully, now we are getting a few options back, he will have to up his game now to keep his spot, which can only be good for us.

I can see how salaries get out.
Sharks player gets an offer for $500K from the Broncs.
Manager goes to Sharks and says, "Broncs offered us 500K, what can you do?"
Sharks say, "Hell no, too much for us."
Sharks then leak a figure to Buzz Rothfield that may or may not be 500K.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • bazza
  • Mustafur
  • broncos4life
  • big k
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Bish
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Matheos
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.