Darren Lockyer When will he be back for the Broncos

Not "very early", but after the 4th reconstruction, 2 on each knee, he decided to give it away. I think he was late 20s though.

Do you really think Locky likes sitting on the side line? Do you not agree that he personally wants to play right through to the finals and into the WC? I'm happy to trust Lockyer himself on this one, if he's right to play on Friday then let him loose, if he's right for Origin 2 then why not play him? If he needs another 6 weeks then so be it. I'd suggest Lockyer knows a lot more about his knee than anyone on here and we know he's not an imbecile, so let's leave the return date to the ones who are allowed an opinion.

Nashy, When has Lockyer ever been selfish?

It has been 13 days since his operation. He is going to try running this week to see how it goes. There are rumours flying around that he is a very, very small chance of playing against the Eels, please ignore these. He hasn't even run yet...

Clintos said:
It has been 13 days since his operation. He is going to try running this week to see how it goes. There are rumours flying around that he is a very, very small chance of playing against the Eels, please ignore these. He hasn't even run yet...

There are rumours that he is a very very big chance of being picked for Queensland regardless of whether he plays this week or not.

That, to me, is stupid.

Coxy said:
Clintos said:

There are rumours that he is a very very big chance of being picked for Queensland regardless of whether he plays this week or not.

That, to me, is stupid.

That to me is ridiculous

he came back too early to make the test and it sounds like he will try the same for SOO 2.

He needs to be thinking Broncos more than SOO. is he trying to get as much of these big games under his belt b4 he moves on?

The Big D will come back and snap everyone in half. Then he will give a victory speech with his croaky voice and Queensland will be saved.

last|soldier said:
The Big D will come back and snap everyone in half. Then he will give a victory speech with his croaky voice and Queensland will be saved.

Qld will be saved only if they select the right team AND counter Bellamy's intelligent and effective game plan.

Relying on Lockyer if he's ready and selected) to save our bacon is the same as pigs will fly.

SoO is much more than a 1 man band.

Nashy said:
When he's fit, unless he gets selfish again and rushes back for Origin 2

Selfish????

By risking a potential premiership and a World Cup??

Seems anything but selfish.

I'd expect it is more like many people in the QLD camp pressuring him and many people in the Broncos camp pressuring him.

Hammo said:
Nashy said:
When he's fit, unless he gets selfish again and rushes back for Origin 2

Selfish????

By risking a potential premiership and a World Cup??

Seems anything but selfish.

I'd expect it is more like many people in the QLD camp pressuring him and many people in the Broncos camp pressuring him.

So he doesn't have a mind of his own, and awareness of the seriousness of his injury, his loyalty to his club - what are his priorities?

OK... so a man who has been with the one club his entire career. Has won 3 premierships for said club, has knocked back many under the table deals from other clubs...hasn't shown his loyalty???

Darren Lockyer is a winner. Winners always want to be the one to do it. He sees his State down, he will feel an overwhelming urge to play and try himself to win QLD another origin.

I'm sure he has an awareness of his injury and I'm sure he would discuss and deal with this demon himself (with many outside influences giving their "advice").

If Locky played Origin and godforbid, soemthing happened that put him out for the Broncos, I wouldn't begrudge him one iota. He has proven throughout his career that he is as loyal a Bronco as they come. And furthermore, I completly understand why he would risk it and play Origin. He is a winner.

If anything, there is a reason for arguement that, if Bronco fans are being selfish by saying they don't want him to play Origin.

There's no way QLD should be allowed to pick him for origin, unless he runs out on Friday night (which he won't)

but stranger things have happened (Hunt, PJ Marsh)

Hammo said:
I'm sure he has an awareness of his injury and I'm sure he would discuss and deal with this demon himself (with many outside influences giving their "advice").

I am sure he finally does have an awareness of his injury and he has at last come to grips with the reality that to prolong his career he needs to fully recover. He won't be back to early this time.

IMO, loyalty to your Club comes first, and I do hope Lockyer will be entirely sensible about his fitness for Origin if selected.

Loyalty to your State is of course, also important, but then we have Scott Prince in brilliant form and he isn't getting a look in. Prince at 7 and Thurston at 6 would be IMO, a great combination, and if Lockyer isn't fit, picking those 2 is showing real loyalty to Qld, and Locky will have more opportunities to bring home the GF which to me, is more important than SoO.

rnabokov said:
IMO, loyalty to your Club comes first, and I do hope Lockyer will be entirely sensible about his fitness for Origin if selected.

Loyalty to your State is of course, also important, but then we have Scott Prince in brilliant form and he isn't getting a look in. Prince at 7 and Thurston at 6 would be IMO, a great combination, and if Lockyer isn't fit, picking those 2 is showing real loyalty to Qld, and Locky will have more opportunities to bring home the GF which to me, is more important than SoO.

Absolutely!! An AFL fan was quizzing me - would you rather smash the Blues 3-0 in SoO or have the Broncs win a flag.

Let's just say I answered very quickly!! Pain or Joy from July will be forgotten by September!!!

Exactly Andyman. Premiership is WAY bigger achievement than a State of Origin series.

Everyone wants the Premiership, but Locky right here, right now, will be considering what could very well be his last Origin series.

he will do a TC next year i reckon and only play for the broncos.

Active Now

• Rah88
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Mister Wright
  • the_next
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • Jazza
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.