Director of Football

Brad Thorn would be a great option.

Edit: or maybe try and poach one of the higher ups from the All Blacks for the role. Possibly an ex coach of theirs.

I could get around thorny

thought of a name out of left field but....i dunno.....tell me what you think..?

Michael Ennis; former player, straight shooter but a sharp mind for the game...

thought of a name out of left field but....i dunno.....tell me what you think..?

No way. If we want to hire a brilliant but untested premiership winning niggle merchant, Hodgo is the obvious choice.

Is it really stretching the truth when your positive is "He was moved to replace another injury". A guy who couldn't get picked on his own merits had to wait for injuries. Lucky him.

I think you'll also find there was no fans calling for him to be given a 4 year deal, and one of the higher wages being paid in the club. It was plainly obvious to see at the time of that signing, how stupid a long contract was, and it was discussed here as such too.
Hahaha, now you really are stretching the truth...

Of course he could make the side on his own merit. He was part of the Queensland Origin setup for almost a decade, becoming the second highest Origin try scorer in history during that time, or did that skip your mind?

He was the first Winger picked for Queensland for years. Then he was moved to Fullback to cover Slater (the incumbent and the greatest Fullback of the modern era) in 2016 and Game 1 of 2017. We needed a Centre in Game 2 of 2017 and Boyd covered the role because he was capable enough to move to a new position for the benefit of the team. He wasn't waiting outside the squad for injuries to get a game whatsoever. To infer that is just blatantly misleading.

Last edited:
Hahaha, now you really are stretching the truth...

Of course he could make the side on his own merit. He was part of the Queensland Origin setup for almost a decade, becoming the second highest Origin try scorer in history during that time, or did that skip your mind?

He was the first Winger picked for Queensland for years. Then he was moved to Fullback to cover Slater (the incumbent and the greatest Fullback of the modern era) in 2016 and Game 1 of 2017. We needed a Centre in Game 2 of 2017 and Boyd covered the role because he was good enough to move to a new position literally no one else could. He wasn't waiting outside the squad for injuries to get a game. To infer that is just blatantly misleading.

Why does it matter what he was in the past? It didn't help this year.

You and Wayne are about the only blokes that saw him as a long term contract prospect after the 2017 season.

Kevvie? As in Walters, the bloke that can't coach?

I say Kevvie as he has Broncos blood still in him. DoF would be higher role than the coach, and he knows in and out of the club and its former stricter days. I dont think hes a great coach overall, but he could offer what the club needs to clean up a few things.

The only other two options are Toovey - who would literally rip through the place like tornado and wouldn't take any dead wood or shit. The other is Sheens, but i have zero idea how ruthless he is these days.

If Des wasn't with manly he would be the perfect choice!

I’d have him as an assistant at the club in a heart beat. His footy iq is off the charts.

Ennis is smarter then he looks, one of the biggest advocates in the media to Drop Boyd and Macca.

DoF - Cam Smith
Head Coach - Anthony Siebold
Assistant Coach Attack - Walker Bros/Justin Hodges
Assistant Coach Defense - Corey Parker
Halves Coach - Peter Stirling
Tactician - Cooper Cronk

Why does it matter what he was in the past? It didn't help this year.

You and Wayne are about the only blokes that saw him as a long term contract prospect after the 2017 season.
He has a 15 game clause in his contract to protect us if his body can't handle the rigours of the game beyond next year, so there was obviously some protection built in for us managing an ageing player going forward. I doubt anybody saw his form dropping off this spectacularly in such a short period, and I agree that in hindsight a 4 year deal hurts us now, but I don't accept that in 2017 anybody either inside or outside the Broncos didn't want Boyd re-signed.

DoF - Cam Smith
Head Coach - Anthony Siebold
Assistant Coach Attack - Walker Bros/Justin Hodges
Assistant Coach Defense - Corey Parker
Halves Coach - Peter Stirling
Tactician - Cooper Cronk

None of this is realistic except for Hodges and maybe Parker.

I say Kevvie as he has Broncos blood still in him. DoF would be higher role than the coach, and he knows in and out of the club and its former stricter days. I dont think hes a great coach overall, but he could offer what the club needs to clean up a few things.

The only other two options are Toovey - who would literally rip through the place like tornado and wouldn't take any dead wood or shit. The other is Sheens, but i have zero idea how ruthless he is these days.

If Des wasn't with manly he would be the perfect choice!

how long has Tim Sheen's been out of the game..??..on paper hed be very well qualified but i think the current game may have passed him by..

Then again, looking at us now, it would hardly surprise if the club announced Brain Smith as DoF...
[automerge]1568608356[/automerge]
i don't mind the Kevvie angle....can you imagine him trying to tell Alfie what to do though..!!!

Last edited:
how long has Tim Sheen's been out of the game..??..on paper hed be very well qualified but i think the current game may have passed him by..

Then again, looking at us now, it would hardly surprise if the club announced Brain Smith as DoF...
[automerge]1568608356[/automerge]
i don't mind the Kevvie angle....can you imagine him trying to tell Alfie what to do though..!!!
Alfie is the trainer in the QLD origin team as well though.

What I want to know is what about Alfie as the halves coach, he is one of the best halfbacks the game has ever seen surely he would make sense.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.