Discussion about Wayne Bennett

Re: Official - Ivan Henjak Sacked

Porthoz said:
I truly love a debate, but with you it's not unlike flogging a dead horse... :roll:
your style of debating is akin to a kid getting on the ground and kicking his feet and pounding his hands on the ground when their mum says no to them.

some people on here are great to have a discussion/argument/debate with. youre as far from one of those people as possible.

on WB, i dont understand why the board etc would want him back. it was the right move telling him to move on, and you dont go back and ask the person you told to leave to coach you again. it was clear that he wasnt what the club needed, and they made the hard decision then and they need to stick by it. bring him back to help 'mentor' the players and be their mate by all means, but dont bring him back as coach. itd put us back even further than we were when he left us.

How was it clear we didn't need him? [icon_shru

The Rock said:
ningnangnong said:
[quote="The Rock":2on2i0vd]It's an absolute disgrace that this thread is even opened. This has been debated THOUSANDS of times and it gets nowhere. What's the point? It's not going to bring new members to BHQ, it's going to get rid of them.

Bit dramatic.

Not dramatic. The same old threads that go around and around and around......it pisses people off.[/quote:2on2i0vd]

If it does, then they can PM me.

Now, please keep this thread on topic. icon_thumbs_u

Getting beaten by a cap-rorting Storm team with 40 seconds to go is obviously a great indicator. [icon_razz1

Then again, he did have a hand in Petero's exit and thinking Clinton was an able replacement so... [icon_non

Honestly, I'm on the 'Let's give Griffen a go' camp as opposed to 'Sign Bennett at all costs!' camp. It's time for the club to make it on it's own two feet and running back to Bennett would be a bad look.

I also don't want to see us chase after any other coach, let Bellamy restore Melbourne etc.

Big Pete said:
Getting beaten by a cap-rorting Storm team with 40 seconds to go is obviously a great indicator. [icon_razz1

Then again, he did have a hand in Petero's exit and thinking Clinton was an able replacement so... [icon_non

Honestly, I'm on the 'Let's give Griffen a go' camp as opposed to 'Sign Bennett at all costs!' camp. It's time for the club to make it on it's own two feet and running back to Bennett would be a bad look.

I also don't want to see us chase after any other coach, let Bellamy restore Melbourne etc.

Same. Because midseason we might've signed some big name coach, while riding high on the ladder and Griffin signed and sealed to a rival club for next year...

Why not wait and see how Griffin goes before chasing someone else? That's what Paul White has said they're doing anyway.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I'm all for Bennett coming back, but I've already said in what capacity.

Anonymous person said:
Porthoz said:
I truly love a debate, but with you it's not unlike flogging a dead horse... :roll:
your style of debating is akin to a kid getting on the ground and kicking his feet and pounding his hands on the ground when their mum says no to them.
Sure, that's why I'm flaunting the Golden "Most Annoying", "Controversial" and "Agenda Driven" banners. Oh wait... [icon_shady

Anonymous person said:
some people on here are great to have a discussion/argument/debate with. youre as far from one of those people as possible.
Yeah, I understand that. Must be annoying to be shown up every time again... [icon_shru

Anonymous person said:
on WB, i dont understand why the board etc would want him back. it was the right move telling him to move on, and you dont go back and ask the person you told to leave to coach you again. it was clear that he wasnt what the club needed, and they made the hard decision then and they need to stick by it. bring him back to help 'mentor' the players and be their mate by all means, but dont bring him back as coach. itd put us back even further than we were when he left us.
I actually agree with the part where about bringing him back in a mentoring role. The rest is the usual nonsense... :roll:

Jeba said:
mrslong said:

We won a Premiership. That's a sure sign he had to go.
Ricky Stuart won a premiership as a coach too, doesnt mean he shouldnt have been dumped 3 years later does it?

I don't want Bennett back at the Broncos at head coach. I am happy to have him back at the club in some form though. I won't be outraged if he does come back though, he is the greatest coach of all time after all.

Anonymous person said:
Jeba said:
mrslong said:

We won a Premiership. That's a sure sign he had to go.
Ricky Stuart won a premiership as a coach too, doesnt mean he shouldnt have been dumped 3 years later does it?

Oh please.

You were still calling for his sacking a minute after we won the Premiership.

Does this argument REALLY have to be done again.

For ***** sake. Isn't EVERYONE over it already?

Here's the deal.

AP doesn't think WB should be back, and he loves the Storm.
[Insert Username] thinks WB should be back, and know's AP loves the Storm.

That's all this fucking argument EVER is. Nothing changes. What's the friggin point?

mrslong said:
It's the only conversation going on in this bleeding forum and you want us to shut up?
No wonder the place is dead these days. [icon_shru
+1123123123 tbh.
It's good to have conversation this place has been dead lately short of the Henjak sacking. I enjoy a bit of conversation who care if it's going in circles, people don't have to read or join the thread. It's a thread dedicated to the topic so why not let people argue until they drop.

Nashy said:
Does this argument REALLY have to be done again.

For **** sake. Isn't EVERYONE over it already?

Here's the deal.

AP doesn't think WB should be back, and he loves the Storm.
[Insert Username] thinks WB should be back, and know's AP loves the Storm.

That's all this **** argument EVER is. Nothing changes. What's the friggin point?

It beats no conversation at all sounds like an awesome point...The forum is dead outside this topic and the VRL. We have no latest game to chat about no new signing to chat about. Just the dumping of our coach the hiring of someone to replace him and the speculation that someone might return to coach us next year.

broncospwn said:
mrslong said:
It's the only conversation going on in this bleeding forum and you want us to shut up?
No wonder the place is dead these days. [icon_shru
+1123123123 tbh.
It's good to have conversation this place has been dead lately short of the Henjak sacking. I enjoy a bit of conversation who care if it's going in circles, people don't have to read or join the thread. It's a thread dedicated to the topic so why not let people argue until they drop.

Also agree, while it gets a bit tedious if the same topic comes up in every thread, this place NEEDS debate, even if old discussions come up again. This place has been dead recently, lets just see how it pans out.

AP, I think the Dragons were good before Bennett got there, but not the amazing team you see now. The "champions" they have in their team now are going as well as they are largely because of Bennetts influence IMO.

I would welcome him back to the club as coach in a second. I love the idea of him coming back for a few seasons then Lockyer taking over the reigns after a couple of years with Wayne staying on in a backroom capacity.

I would also welcome him back as head coach. BUT, my preference is that Hook is given a decent opportunity.

Jeba said:
I would also welcome him back as head coach. BUT, my preference is that Hook is given a decent opportunity.
This ^^^^

And I think Hook is going to take it and turn us into the comp's dark horses! icon_thumbs_u

Jeba said:

absolutely, griffin may well coach his proverbial off this year and if he's patient enough to serve a couple of years under wayne he could only be better for it i think.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • IceWorks
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • eazy-duzzit
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.