Do Broncos deserve the spoon?

• Thread starter TevitaPaperbagJunior
  • Start date
T

TevitaPaperbagJunior

BRL Player
Aug 25, 2020
If Canberra fall over against Bulldogs today Broncos will be in 16th. Is the first wooden spoon what is needed to finally put the broom through the broncos?

If we get it, things can only be better next year.
If we don't get it, there's a chance things could still be worse.
:baghead:

If Canberra fall over against Bulldogs today Broncos will be in 16th. Is the first wooden spoon what is needed to finally put the broom through the broncos?
Giphy s

If we get it, things can only be better next year.
If we don't get it, there's a chance things could still be worse.
:baghead:
Exactly. Hopefully the players (Boyd) can keep doing what they’re doing for the rest of this year. If only Milford was fit to put in poor performances.

Unimaginative trolling aside, i feel like the spoon will be the only way we can assuredly see change.
Anything less and you might see certain players/board members/staff slip through the cracks of this season.

I am sure a 14th or 15th place will see a fine tooth comb run through the place, but the spoon will ensure those responsible get lynched, drawn and quartered and publicly shamed into the employment line where they belong.

If there is one thing worse than losing the way we have been this season, its losing like this and seeing no change.
If it takes the spoon to see that change, then i welcome it.

We certainly deserve the wooden spoon. We are the worst team in the comp by a country mile.

Not yet, at the end of the day, Broncos may have been atrocious and arguably the worst side in the comp for the majority of the rounds, but they beat the bulldogs regardless. If bulldogs won that they aren't spooners so it is on them. Far out I am a nervous Titans fan this week though.

We are a worse side then the Bulldogs, I'm amazed we could beat them, but they don't get flogged by every team like us.

We are a worse side then the Bulldogs, I'm amazed we could beat them, but they don't get flogged by every team like us.

And when we beat them some players thought we were back on track lols

Statistically speaking this Broncos team isn't just the worst defensive side this year, it's one of the worst defensive sides of the modern era.

Fortunately for us the only statistic that matters with the spoon is the W/L column and that's still just barely in our favour. We'd want to hope our little brother/nemesis down the road at the Titans can keep their own greatly improved form up this week because if the Bulldogs manage to get one over them then we'll be in a world of hurt and probably will need to aim to beat the Titans ourselves in a couple of weeks time if we are to have any hope of avoiding our first spoon.

Last edited:
Well lets look on the bright side..............at least if we get the spoon the only way is up next year........and Kevvie will only have to get us off the bottom to be able to say that he has improved the team.

If not for a TPJ masterclass, we wouldn't have beat them. Thankfully it was a home game because this team is totally incapable of winning in Sydney. I think the Broncos will avoid the spoon and they may even finish 14th. But it certainly won't mask a nightmarish campaign.

Thanks to @Mustafur for linking this in another thread:

I think this really speaks volumes, particularly:

"In terms of try causes, Croft (19 in 13 games) is the biggest contributor; only Kyle Feldt (22) and Reuben Garrick (20) have more this year.

Boyd (17 in 15 games), Farnworth (16 in 14), Milford (15 in 13), Staggs (13 in nine), Coates (12 in nine), Arthars (10 in five) and Tesi Niu (10 in six) have all hit double figures at a rate of more than one per game."

Any real suprise we're bagging out all of those players defensive efforts this year?

Penny for your thoughts @Huge ?

Active Now

• OnToSomething
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Pablo
  • heartly87
  • Sproj
  • Griffo
  • Astro
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.