OPINION Do you think the decision from the board to Sack Kevvie was right?

Do you think the decision to sack Kevvie was right?

• Total voters
I actually think Mam would make a pretty good fullback. Can move, pass, tackle for the most part, is a bit stronger so won't be driven back. Just wonder if he can catch a bomb.

1 Mam
6 Walsh
7 Reynolds> Black
9 Mozer

Everyone in the game basically being everyone in Sydney media... they also rave about Nathan Brown, but in the words of Cobbo "he's a good bloke, but not a good coach".

This is where the club needs to have good football IQ... they need to be able to evaluate talent and find the best people for the club... it also helps if you have a strong structure in the club that know where it's going.

We talk about structure on the field and one of the keys to that is everybody knowing and having a role... next man up... this is also required in the back office.

Kevvie and Ikin clashed because roles and responsibilities weren't made clear... Kevvie was criticised for lack of communication and planning, to me that sounds like people not knowing what their roles were... old mate cutting up footage only for it to not be used, then why was he doing it in the first place (note I know why he was doing it... it's about why was coach telling him to do it and then no one using it anyway... wasting time and resources).

The club needs strong leadership and a vision on what it wants to be to know what people are needed to get it there.

Chopping and changing coaches leads to chopping and changing of that vision... especially if you keep leaving all the decisions on the football dept to the coach and then jump onto the coaching merry-go-round every 3 years or so.

On the lack of communication thing, something i mentioned a few years ago with him was when he dropped Corey Oates back to Souths Logan and told him he needed to work on his game, but then didnt tell him a single thing he needed to work on. It was very similar to Seibold in some ways. He may have had good ideas on how to run a football team, but if you cant get your ideas across its not helpful.

If that article about tantrums is correct, they really had no choice. Unfortunately, Kevvie really seemed to snap in the back end of this year, once that happens, it’s very easy to lose your players and your staff. Kevvie wanting yes men around only is probably to me the biggest red flag of them all though if it is true.

I still don’t think Maguire is the right pick and I watched that Matthew Johns video unfortunately and it sucked like everything he does. However, I wasn’t overly impressed with anything Maguire said even though I’m apparently supposed to be.
I don't see Madge as a long term solution. I think he's the best plugin and play option. His relationship with Reynolds will be the secret sauce. It's a lot easier to instill your brand on the team when your halfback lives and breathes it.

I don't see attack as a problem for us. What Madge is good at, is where we are lacking as a team. Fitness, discipline, and aggression. Instilling resolve, and earning the right to throw the ball around.

One of the most telling things for season 24 was our kick chase. Pretty Riki monstered teams in 23, but couldn't be bothered in 24. It's an effort area that turns momentum, but the broncos didn't care for it in 24. All those little things throughout the year, snowballed. Season 24 was the year of no standards.

The players didn't get Kevin fired, he did that to himself. Their assessment was honest and alarming. Ended up just like Siebold; both paranoid, controlling, full of excuses, and a lost dressing room. Ironic that Kev was hired to put pride back in the Jersey.

As I keep saying, I would like to have seen what Ikin could have achieved over a 5 year window. Fix this area, and the rest falls into place. Thanks Kevin for fucking that one up too.

I don't see Madge as a long term solution. I think he's the best plugin and play option. His relationship with Reynolds will be the secret sauce. It's a lot easier to instill your brand on the team when your halfback lives and breathes it.

I don't see attack as a problem for us. What Madge is good at, is where we are lacking as a team. Fitness, discipline, and aggression. Instilling resolve, and earning the right to throw the ball around.

One of the most telling things for season 24 was our kick chase. Pretty Riki monstered teams in 23, but couldn't be bothered in 24. It's an effort area that turns momentum, but the broncos didn't care for it in 24. All those little things throughout the year, snowballed. Season 24 was the year of no standards.

The players didn't get Kevin fired, he did that to himself. Their assessment was honest and alarming. Ended up just like Siebold; both paranoid, controlling, full of excuses, and a lost dressing room. Ironic that Kev was hired to put pride back in the Jersey.

As I keep saying, I would like to have seen what Ikin could have achieved over a 5 year window. Fix this area, and the rest falls into place. Thanks Kevin for fucking that one up too.
Attack is a huge problem for us. Everything we score is off the cuff and if it doesn’t come off we don’t have a clue what to do

Attack is a huge problem for us. Everything we score is off the cuff and if it doesn’t come off we don’t have a clue what to do
I think defence, resilience, fitness, and discipline come before worrying about attack. It's not just about the losing, it was how we were losing. Horse up front, cart out back. If you can't control the momentum, you are likely to lose the game.

I was never a fan of the frantic attack on every play, and defend the errors. Attack will come, but we have bigger problems today.

Active Now

• Ghost of Vlansys
  • winslow_wong
  • ezpz
  • Sproj
  • Stix
  • Allo
  • Brocko
  • The True King
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • ivanhungryjak
  • mrslong
  • Aldo
  • theshed
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.