VOTE Does it matter to you where a coach is from?

Does it matter to you where a coach is from?

• Yes

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • No

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • Depends - explain yourself

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Was no different to the previous year. They went after him then too. Suali'i is just a mongoloid and got it wrong.

Well yeah if you want to win you need to abuse the rules like scum/penref do. Unfortunately you can't win anymore by playing fair. Today's game is all about how you can manipulate the ref, milk penalties and bend the rules.
So we want to become the very thing that we, as Broncos fans .. hate the most?

No .. hard pass for me.

So we want to become the very thing that we, as Broncos fans .. hate the most?

No .. hard pass for me.
We hate it because we're shit at it. Remember we were one of the early adopters of wrestling coaches.

Winning fixes everything. I bet you would change your tune if we won the premiership in the next few seasons with him in charge. Same as Midean.

Madge told on himself with the Taylan May whataboutism.

It was clearly a bigger focus and they grubbed it up massively.
Yes, coaches will say anything to defend their players. They aren't going to throw them to the wolves. Billy was spouting nonsense too in origin. Plus Ivan defended May.

On Walshy's first catch in 2023 origin - He was taken out in the air then fox/TPJ flopped 3rd man in and dropped shoulders into him while on the ground. It was a core focus in 2023 as well.

It depends on the context.

For instance when it came down to Paul Green and Kevin Walters, I always thought Kevie was the better option since he'd be given more leeway by the fans and the media since he was a club legend and you could trust him to put the interests of the club before anything else.

The only thing that counts against Madge in this instance is the way the Blues went after Walsh in the Origin series. It was pretty scum Cobra Kai esque coaching and something he ought to address.

Was it really that? Or was it the the entire NRL fanbase was sick of his constant whinging bitching and moaning about absolutely everything the refs did. His teams could do no wrong, always someone elses fault.

We hate it because we're shit at it. Remember we were one of the early adopters of wrestling coaches.

Winning fixes everything. I bet you would change your tune if we won the premiership in the next few seasons with him in charge. Same as Midean.
So, who do you see as being our dirty scum bag hitmen?

Patty? No, I think he has way too much class .. and way too many principals. Bet he would much rather win clean.

Hass? No .. he just doesn't have it in him to play with mongrel .. we've all seen that season after season.

Who on our team would be happy to play the role of the team scum dog?

Personally I think it does for our club. Some clubs may be different but I do believe there are right fits for certain clubs. Take Manly for example, all their major success in the past 40 years has come from internal coaches that played in their system. We also seen the result of an outside coach bought in (Siebold) compared to the rebuild Kev did (internal). I think being from QLD and understanding the clubs DNA is very important to our club to get everyone on board and that's the key. Sure winning keeps people quiet, but the real key is you need everyone to buy in or your going to get turned on really quickly when the results don't go your way.

No, absolutely will not change my tune, if we win by being dogs.

Principals.

Patty? No, I think he has way too much class .. and way too many principals. Bet he would much rather win clean.

Hass? No .. he just doesn't have it in him to play with mongrel .. we've all seen that season after season.

If you cant develop one you get a mercenary in like Bennett did with Adam Blair. **** my favourite Adam Blair broncos moment was when he purposely held Thurston down on the 5th tackle so he couldn't get involved in the next play. For years the broncos had respected him to much to employ that tactic but we finally had a **** to do it and no ***** were given. You need a **** on your team to do well in this league and that **** cant be afraid to ruffle feathers regardless of who it is. The panthers have Martin, Roosters JWH and Leniu, Storm Nelson.

I'm not too sure but I'm keen to find out who that would be. Maybe it's Xavier? Staggs I think could have the dark arts in him too.

No, absolutely will not change my tune, if we win by being dogs.

Principals.
So I assume you'll stop supporting the club then until he goes? Seeing as you're so convinced this is what we'll become?

I think being from QLD and understanding the clubs DNA is very important to our club to get everyone on board and that's the key. Sure winning keeps people quiet, but the real key is you need everyone to buy in or your going to get turned on really quickly when the results don't go your way.
If you're losing you get turned on regardless. Doesn't matter who you are or where you come from.
Kev is the perfect example. He was the epitome of "Broncos DNA."

We're not talking about "a" NSW coach. We're talking about "the" NSW coach.

If he wasn't the NSW coach....I'd care a whole lot less.

Once he joins us he will no longer be "the" NSW coach

Yes, coaches will say anything to defend their players. They aren't going to throw them to the wolves. Billy was spouting nonsense too in origin. Plus Ivan defended May.

On Walshy's first catch in 2023 origin - He was taken out in the air then fox/TPJ flopped 3rd man in and dropped shoulders into him while on the ground. It was a core focus in 2023 as well.
Yes and in doing so, Madge made it clear that he thought he could get away with that dog shot.

One thing for Pangai Jr to flop on an hour late, another to make it a key talking point before the game and coach your centre to pull a Taylan May and ruin the game.

I'm not too sure but I'm keen to find out who that would be. Maybe it's Xavier? Staggs I think could have the dark arts in him too.

So I assume you'll stop supporting the club then until he goes? Seeing as you're so convinced this is what we'll become?
All fun and games until they get 4-6 weeks suspension.

We go down the dirty path .. the nsw judiciary gonna smash us.

Was it really that? Or was it the the entire NRL fanbase was sick of his constant whinging bitching and moaning about absolutely everything the refs did. His teams could do no wrong, always someone elses fault.
Who are you talking about?

All fun and games until they get 4-6 weeks suspension.

We go down the dirty path .. the nsw judiciary gonna smash us.
We never win at the judiciary anyway. Come on, where have you been? We always get smashed at the judiciary. I think when Hodges got off for 2015 final it was like the first time in a years we had a downgrade of any sort. Can you remember any recent times we've successfully gotten off a charge?

We never win at the judiciary anyway. Come on, where have you been? We always get smashed at the judiciary. I think when Hodges got off for 2015 final it was like the first time in a years we had a downgrade of any sort. Can you remember any recent times we've successfully gotten off a charge?
My point is tho .. If you think we've been smashed by the judiciary in the past .. wait and see what we cop next.

If you're losing you get turned on regardless. Doesn't matter who you are or where you come from.
Kev is the perfect example. He was the epitome of "Broncos DNA."
And he got a lot more rope than other coaches would have got in his second season in charge. Ultimately, he paid the price for the teams performance this year but a non Broncos DNA coach wouldnt have made it out of the second season with that massive fade we had.

I think we used all our judiciary luck with Hodges for the next 20 years. We have been getting reamed ever since.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • pennywisealfie
  • TimWhatley
  • Tristan1990
  • Astro
  • jarro65
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skathen
  • Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • NSW stables
  • davidp
  • Stix
  • broncoscope
  • bert_lifts
  • Bronx48
  • Culhwch
  • BRC088
  • Hoshsie
  • Ghost of Vlansys
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.