VOTE Does it matter to you where a coach is from?

Does it matter to you where a coach is from?

• Yes

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • No

Votes: 40 93.0%
  • Depends - explain yourself

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My point is tho .. If you think we've been smashed by the judiciary in the past .. wait and see what we cop next.
The same as we've always copped.

Look I get it, you don't like that style of play, that's cool.

But we're all sick and tired of being walked over by every other team because we're too scared to fight fire with fire. **** it.

But we're all sick and tired of being walked over by every other team because we're too scared to fight fire with fire. **** it.
Yeah, just because a team starts playing harder and has a focus on standing up for your teammate and not be bullied doesn't automatically mean you become a pack of dirty cheap shot dogs.

We were bullied that many games this year it wasn't funny. The amount of times a Walsh or an Arthurs was pushed over the deadball line by opposition when the play was dead and none of our guys did jack shit was painful to watch.

Challenge for Madge will be to balance the fact you cant play with Game 2 and 3 NSW intensity every week in the NRL without burning out.

And this is the guy who will be calling the shots at the Broncos.

Storm grubbery will be the new norm at the Broncs as what little Broncos culture that was left in the place dies.

Yeah because being the nice guys is working for us so well. We've been so successful.

The playing group will give of themselves everything that is requested by Madge.. but in all honesty, can you really see The Queensland contingent of Broncos players .. not having a bit of resentment and a bit of a lack of respect for Madge? It may remain unspoken .. but it's going to be there in the background. I almost guarantee it. They are professionals you might say .. they will let it go .. but they are also only human too.

Arghhh. Too early to start a "Let's Sack Madge" thread? 😂

No, absolutely will not change my tune, if we win by being dogs.

Principals.
We have had absolute scum bags play for us i.e. Lodge. Players that threaten to hit women cops etc, but it is a coach that says target the oppositions main key player where principles are breached?

We have had absolute scum bags play for us i.e. Lodge. Players that threaten to hit women cops etc, but it is a coach that says target the oppositions main key player where principles are breached?
To be fair .. I am a fierce DV advocate .. it's what I do for a living, so I will stand for women, no matter what. Example being .. Cobbo was my favourite player. Now .. I can't even acknowledge the guy.

I am keeping this convo, for now, to on field stuff. I'm also referring to our new leader .. not someone from the playing group. There is a huge difference there. I am only making observations and opinions on the man who is meant to lead us, and his principals.

It doesn't seem to matter to any other team, including internationally - except the Broncos. lol...
Yep, and if this poll is anything to go by it's not really an issue for the Broncos either.

It doesn't seem to matter to any other team, including internationally - except the Broncos. lol...
I was fairly young at the time but I recall there was a bit of furore about Graham Lowe being the Qld coach even though he was a Kiwi.

Mind you this was in 91 so things were understandably a lot more parochial. Lowe ended up winning the series though so no one gave a shit in the end.

Winning fixes everything.

Yes and in doing so, Madge made it clear that he thought he could get away with that dog shot.

One thing for Pangai Jr to flop on an hour late, another to make it a key talking point before the game and coach your centre to pull a Taylan May and ruin the game.

When Walsh learns to keep his feet under him before contact , all will be well .
Stepping on the outside of his boot and not placing the sole and sprigs on the ground . Then slipping over as he is about to be tackled . Is gonna see him get hit high again and again .

Absolutely to me it matters. Could you imagine say Sir Alex Ferguson managing Man City or Celtic with his background. Not a chance.

Origin rivalry died a long time ago. It's such a 90's argument. Anybody against it is against immigration and therefore a racist. Bring madge home!!!

We hate it because we're shit at it. Remember we were one of the early adopters of wrestling coaches.

Winning fixes everything. I bet you would change your tune if we won the premiership in the next few seasons with him in charge. Same as Midean.

I'd be happy that we won a premiership. I still wouldnt be happy with Madge as our coach. Didnt like his carry on as NSW coach one bit. I'll still get behind the team, but given my dislike of Maguire i think it would be disingenuous of me to be hypocritical and suddenly be a fan of his.

I'd be happy that we won a premiership. I still wouldnt be happy with Madge as our coach. Didnt like his carry on as NSW coach one bit. I'll still get behind the team, but given my dislike of Maguire i think it would be disingenuous of me to be hypocritical and suddenly be a fan of his.
What was his carry on as NSW coach?

What was his carry on as NSW coach?

All that smug "people in glass houses " bullshit he kept banging on about referring to some of the stuff Slater did at the storm when Billy was critical of the obvious attacks on Walsh in Origin. This was coming from the coach who was Billy Slaters coach at the Storm when he was grubbing it up. And he had the nerve to make a comment like he did.

So I assume you'll stop supporting the club then until he goes? Seeing as you're so convinced this is what we'll become?
I missed this last part of your post when I replied earlier ..

I'll never stop supporting The Broncos.

Madge tho, will need to earn the respect. lol 🤷

Just because I am disappointed with the signing of Madge .. doesn't mean the love for the playing group just stops lol. 😆

I just watched my beloved Lions smash the competition and do it on a fair and square way. A team of humble and likeable champions who overcome so much adversity to win it - I’m proud of that team and their hard by fair game style.

That said, while the AFL administration is imperfect, it also supports and encourages fair play. Blokes who play / do something dirty get rubbed out for weeks or months.

Unfortunately, the NRL is a disgrace. The organisation is grubby, the head morons are grubby and you get rewarded for being grubby. You cannot win if you are nice, fair guys in this piece of junk of a competition.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Waynesaurus
  • simplythebest
  • lynx000
  • trugo bronco
  • HarryAllan7
  • bert_lifts
  • jarro65
  • vertigo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
  • jd87
  • BroncosAlways
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.