-NEWS- Dogs attack Brisbane's No.1 Hooker

Xzei

QCup Player
Could be a choice between turps and tpj depending on the money being thrown around.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Could be a choice between turps and tpj depending on the money being thrown around.
I’d take Turps tbh. I was all for signing up TPJ to a long term deal early last year, but concede now that it’s lucky I’m not in recruitment and retention.

Not sure TPJ has the smarts to be what we all want him to be. In fact, I’m almost sure he’s the dullest tool in the shed.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
not really ... we have the money to pay Turpin what he is worth.

there is nothing in McCullough's contract that says he has to be the starting hooker ... actually there is nothing in his contract that says he needs to be in the 17 each week ...
I’m starting to think that Macca might be a really good defensive coach. Put him into that role and tie off all loose ends imo.

Alec

International Rep
I still have some reservations about Turnip. He's always playing with a lot of energy, but what will happen if he starts to lose it over the course of the season? Hopefully he'll have one of those limitless energy attributes, like some players such as Pearce, Slater, Tedesco etc. seem to have.

Xzei

QCup Player
You don't think you could get a better hooker for next year cheaper than 500k?

State of Origin Rep
There is no way Turpin will need or be asking for 500k, the guy was outside the top 30, was on $75,000 as development player and as a bottom level 30 has to be about 105k, has been floating around at Storm and Broncos since 2014 and is playing his fifth year of ISC, he still drinks at the Haigslea pub with his family and races dogs with his trainer sister.

Cool dog name- Watch Pulp Fiction.

He's not going in there after six games and saying need a $425,000 upgrade please. He'd high five and love a two year deal and $200,000 year.

Last edited:

The Strapper

QCup Player
There is no way Turpin will need or be asking for 500k, the guy was outside the top 30, was on $75,000 as development player and as a bottom level 30 has to be about 105k, has been floating around at Storm and Broncos since 2014 and is playing his fifth year of ISC, he still drinks at the Haigslea pub with his family and races dogs with his trainer sister.

Cool dog name- Watch Pulp Fiction.

He's not going in there after six games and saying need a $425,000 upgrade please. He'd high five and love a two year deal and $200,000 year.
Got a feeling Canterbury will offer him a better deal than that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulietaRai

Members online

No members online now.

Twitter