Draw - Last 6 Rounds

Why would he want to sit with you plebs when he can hang around some BHQ originals. And me.

Just looking at flights and accommo... looks very doable.

Cowboys are complaining about their Thursday night game against us and no one bats an eyelid ...

We complain that we don't get ONE Sunday game and everyone starts whinging ... even though they keep complaining about the amount of Friday night games we get. since they have a problem with us always getting Friday games, you would think they would be happy to let us get a different time slot.

and tin foil hat time ... the reason the NRL don't give us Sunday footy is because that would then mean our crowd averages would significantly increase embarrassing the Sydney teams even more

Cowboys complaining because a lot of members travel 4+hrs, so tough on a Thu if you have to work on Fridays

Cowboys complaining because a lot of members travel 4+hrs, so tough on a Thu if you have to work on Fridays

I have not problem with the Cowboys complaining, I think it is a stupid time slot to give the Cowboys... more pointing out the difference in the reactions to both theirs and our complaints

The Cowboys will be pissed as well ... this would seriously put a big hole in their crowd...
To a degree, but I don't know how much the regional supporter thing is overstated... Townsville is a big enough city with a great rugby league culture, easy to get around that surely if the Cowboys got off their arses and promoted the game instead of bitching they should still get a huge crowd. Their biggest rival, and potentially fighting for a spot in top four, or even top eight if the wheels fall off without JT. No excuses... fuckem... they get plenty of games that suit their request of a Saturday night... how many other teams get so many games in their preferred time slot. I'd appreciate one... not every thursday or friday that makes it impossible to attend a game unless your within 100kms of suncorp.

Just on the scheduling - can Nine/NRL stop giving the sunday FTA game to the fucking Knights? Saturday, first game, is where they belong.

Just on the scheduling - can Nine/NRL stop giving the sunday FTA game to the ****ing Knights? Saturday, first game, is where they belong.
I think the order goes nine picks the friday and Thursday games first up, foxtel gets to pick a few then nine has the pick of the dregs for Sunday.

Bulldogs bite : bloody boncos do it again.
Brisbane has been handed yet another dream run into the finals. What a shock.
The draw for the final six games has just been released with the Broncos playing either Thursday or Friday in five of those rounds.
They play Saturday only once - a round 22 match just down the round against Gold Coast.
What a nice, cushy lead-in to the finals.
Comfortable seven to eight day turn-arounds - ideal for recovery - and mass free-to-air exposure for their sponsors.
Seriously, how is this a level playing field? Even Brisbane want more Sunday footy!
I get Nine want ratings and to achieve that they have to show Broncos games in Brisbane.
But it means every other side is at a disadvantage with five and six-day turn-arounds.
It's just not bloody fair.

I am sick of this. If look at bulldog last 7 round. Bloody hell from round 20 to 23 bulldog play Thursday night. Then round 24 and 26 on Sunday 4:00 pm game. Round 25 on Saturday 3:00 pm game. why the hell he is comparing about? His team got 2 Sunday afternoon games as compare to Broncos nil.

Bulldogs bite : bloody boncos do it again.
Brisbane has been handed yet another dream run into the finals. What a shock.
The draw for the final six games has just been released with the Broncos playing either Thursday or Friday in five of those rounds.
They play Saturday only once - a round 22 match just down the round against Gold Coast.
What a nice, cushy lead-in to the finals.
Comfortable seven to eight day turn-arounds - ideal for recovery - and mass free-to-air exposure for their sponsors.
Seriously, how is this a level playing field? Even Brisbane want more Sunday footy!
I get Nine want ratings and to achieve that they have to show Broncos games in Brisbane.
But it means every other side is at a disadvantage with five and six-day turn-arounds.
It's just not bloody fair.

I am sick of this. If look at bulldog last 7 round. Bloody hell from round 20 to 23 bulldog play Thursday night. Then round 24 and 26 on Sunday 4:00 pm game. Round 25 on Saturday 3:00 pm game. why the hell he is comparing about? His team got 2 Sunday afternoon games as compare to Broncos nil.

Yeah it's tough to argue with all those points.

Channel Nine and Fox Sports should have no say at all in the games they choose to broadcast at any stage of the season. They pay for the product and the NRL should decide what games they air - and it should be spread evenly amongst all the teams.

I'm not convinced 7 day turnarounds are that big of an advantage. Brisbane haven't won a premiership in 11 years so it can't be that much of a leg up.

Broncos and sponsors are an interesting one. Do we attract major sponsors because of our constant coverage on TV? Or do we have constant coverage on TV because we attract big sponsors?

If, say, the Titans or Raiders got 20 Friday night games a year would they be just as successful?

Having said all that I am a bit of a hypocrite. The current set up is perfect for me. I've cancelled my pay tv subscription - I no longer wish to spend my hard earned on a competition that is so blatantly uneven, incompetent and biased. Only really have an interest in the Broncos (could no longer give a shit how the other 15 clubs are travelling) so the free to air scheduling suits me.

It's not hard to tell why these blokes studied journalism at school, rather than mathematics.

According to this moron:
Thursday and Friday games = 7 or 8 day turnarounds
Saturday and Sunday games = 5 or 6 day turnarounds.

Why do Rothfield and Ritchie never wrote about the massive advantage Sydney teams have by not having to travel anywhere near as much as other teams. They are usually comfortably reclining at home or rehabbing while the likes of Warriors, Cowboys, Broncos etc are sitting in an airport lounge.

Why do Rothfield and Ritchie never wrote about the massive advantage Sydney teams have by not having to travel anywhere near as much as other teams. They are usually comfortably reclining at home or rehabbing while the likes of Warriors, Cowboys, Broncos etc are sitting in an airport lounge.
Doesn't fit their biased narrative.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Midean
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • Jazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fitzy
  • ezpz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • Battler
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Allo
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.