Drop milford

When the ball goes into touch instead of it being a scrum it's a play the ball from where the ball went out.

So it's not as effective at slowing the game down as it used to be.
Are you being sarcastic or serious? I'm going to go with serious but...

Let me be clear, I know it's a handover and you'd think I'd noticed, you know as I do watch some games. What I asked was, do all the attacking players need to be 'onside' or behind the ptb? I'd assume they must be and it's damning I haven't watched closely I know but I just don't recall watching to see if everyone gets behind the ptb.

Croft is a worse player and a worse fit for the team than Milford, but this needed to happen, Milford needed to be dropped. His attitude is just not up to scratch. Even if the Broncos get rolled, Walters needed to take a stand and this will be the first time I've seen him show some balls since he started here.
To be fair he did drop Oates from the get go

Are you being sarcastic or serious? I'm going to go with serious but...

Let me be clear, I know it's a handover and you'd think I'd noticed, you know as I do watch some games. What I asked was, do all the attacking players need to be 'onside' or behind the ptb? I'd assume they must be and it's damning I haven't watched closely I know but I just don't recall watching to see if everyone gets behind the ptb.
I wasn't notified of your double post, all I saw was your post asking for a clarification based on what I wrote...

I'm trying to think of an example, but I believe it's similar to a 20m restart where they have to be behind the play the ball. The referee has to give the mark, the attacking team has to elect whether they're going to start 10m or 20m from the touchline or in the centre of the field and the referee has to set the 10m so typically there's no real reason for players to be 'out of play'.

I still think there would be atleast some time to set the line,better than none.
It's not a completely ineffective play but I was just thinking about the Eels game where the boys really needed a breather. Even if they find touch, the Eels just get to rifle the ball back in play and get to start their set from the middle of the field and it's barely a reprieve. Finding touch when you're on the back foot is risking at the best of times because the attacking team generally wants to keep the passage going. So either you kick early or you kick long and hope it doesn't go out on the full.

I think what we're seeing right now in the meta is that teams will kick for a corner and they'll 'win' the ruck legitimately or illegitimately it doesn't matter as long as the opposition is working it out of a corner.

It's not a completely ineffective play but I was just thinking about the Eels game where the boys really needed a breather. Even if they find touch, the Eels just get to rifle the ball back in play and get to start their set from the middle of the field and it's barely a reprieve. Finding touch when you're on the back foot is risking at the best of times because the attacking team generally wants to keep the passage going. So either you kick early or you kick long and hope it doesn't go out on the full.

I think what we're seeing right now in the meta is that teams will kick for a corner and they'll 'win' the ruck legitimately or illegitimately it doesn't matter as long as the opposition is working it out of a corner.
Id be interested on timing on how long it takes from getting the ball back from where the ball boy places it to the center of the field as opposed to how long it takes for our players to form a line if the ball is fielded just for curiosity sake.

Id be interested on timing on how long it takes from getting the ball back from where the ball boy places it to the center of the field as opposed to how long it takes for our players to form a line if the ball is fielded just for curiosity sake.
If there's a requirement for the attacking team, that is the team in possession to be 'onside behind the ptb then a timing from when the ball goes into touch and when the last player gets 'onside' behind the ptb would be highly desirable. After all, it's the moment when play can resume.

When the ball goes into touch instead of it being a scrum it's a play the ball from where the ball went out.

I generally thought the rule change was kind of unnecessary. I agree with the NRL cracking down on deliberate penalty's via six again and trainers stopping the game. But I generally think the fans don't have a problem with the scrum. Its part of the fabric of the game and gives the forwards a chance for a rest. And gave the fans a bit of pause before the next phase of the game restarts.

Gus Gould has even called to abolish the scrum. Yeah stuff that we might as well be watching touch football. Ivan Clearly has called for the rule change to be reversed because it gives the defensive side the benefit of being set. Rather then only have a couple of backs to defending while the forwards are packed in the scrum. Actually, from memory I think it's why coaches were coaching teams far less kicks into touch in the modern game because of this disadvantage. It seemed like the tactic was more commonly used back in the eighties and early nineties.

Now it's been changed I'm not crying in my beer about it though.

This is why i honestly think the most effective game slowing tactic that remains is a field goal. The catch is, you can only really score field goals from field positions that you can’t get to when you are under the pump. Maybe get weird with it and instead of struggling in your own 20m line to get out of your half. Maybe you should just purposefully run it dead and take all the time you can to kick the drop out.

This is why i honestly think the most effective game slowing tactic that remains is a field goal. The catch is, you can only really score field goals from field positions that you can’t get to when you are under the pump. Maybe get weird with it and instead of struggling in your own 20m line to get out of your half. Maybe you should just purposefully run it dead and take all the time you can to kick the drop out.
And just short drop out to Coates and get the ball back.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.