FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

How are liverpool in better shape than United? They won the league by about 10 points in Fergies last season and didnt really lose any key players. They were a strong enough squad to finish top 4 at minimum, they just couldnt get over losing such a huge personality and ended up finishing 7th. I dont see where United have ever been mid table since fergie left.

I think its going to be the same at Liverpool. I dont see them being serious challengers tbh and it wouldnt surprise me to see them go as you say to a side challenging top 4 but not title contenders.

Emery will end up at Liverpool if Mendes tells him to go there tbh. He trusts Jorge and if he thinks its best for him, he will go.
Giggs - 40yo
Scholes - 38
Ferdinand - 35
Evra - 33
Berbatov - 32
Carrick - 32
Vidic - 32
RVP - 30
Fletcher - 30

That Fergie squad was on it's knees and its widely accepted that he worked miracles to win that league before he retired. 5-6 of those guys were gone within 18 months or at best a shadow of their former selves.

As far as LFC goes, no one saw us as serious challengers this season either so I'm happy for everyone to write us off. Salah will be a huge loss but given his form it is probably for the better he goes. VVD, Robbo and Alisson are the only other crucial players the wrong side of 30yo.

Jota 27, Gomez 26, Mac Allister 25, TAA 25, Nunez 24, Gakpo 24, Konate 24, Jones 23, Szoboslai 23, Quansah 21, Elliott 21, Gravenberch 21, Bradley 20, Bajcetic 19, Clark 19. They're all the future and why I say we're in a healthy position.

If we go down hill from here it'll be due to poor recruitment and manager choice rather than losing the personality of Klopp.

Giggs - 40yo
Scholes - 38
Ferdinand - 35
Evra - 33
Berbatov - 32
Carrick - 32
Vidic - 32
RVP - 30
Fletcher - 30

That Fergie squad was on it's knees and its widely accepted that he worked miracles to win that league before he retired. 5-6 of those guys were gone within 18 months or at best a shadow of their former selves.

As far as LFC goes, no one saw us as serious challengers this season either so I'm happy for everyone to write us off. Salah will be a huge loss but given his form it is probably for the better he goes. VVD, Robbo and Alisson are the only other crucial players the wrong side of 30yo.

Jota 27, Gomez 26, Mac Allister 25, TAA 25, Nunez 24, Gakpo 24, Konate 24, Jones 23, Szoboslai 23, Quansah 21, Elliott 21, Gravenberch 21, Bradley 20, Bajcetic 19, Clark 19. They're all the future and why I say we're in a healthy position.

If we go down hill from here it'll be due to poor recruitment and manager choice rather than losing the personality of Klopp.
You have to be kidding if you think Liverpool werent title contenders this season. They are in and around where everyone expected them to be. Thats just trying to deflect from them blowing the realistic chance they had of winning the league ( and i think they did well to get this far in the end with some of the injuries ). Most bookies probably had them second or third favourites behind Citeh.

You dont win the league by 9 or 10 points with a squad on its knees. Having a squad with a shorter shelf life doesnt mean it should struggle. Having a younger group of players isnt always going to mean you are in a healthier position. Lets see how much influence Klopp had over these guys before we claim that. If they are as good as you think they are, i'm sure they will kick on.

Next Liverpool manager i personally think is going to struggle. You dont often follow up a manager like Klopp with one close to being as succesful as he has been. They did it once replacing Shankly with Paisley, Paisley with Fagan, Fagan with Dalglish. That was a mad period where their success just kept flowing and not likely to be repeated. One of my best mates and my aunt, both of who are Liverpool season ticket holders, are bricking themselves about replacing Klopp because they know there isnt anyone around willing to come to Liverpool who is close to his level. Whoever comes in is going to need some time, a bit like Arteta at Arsenal. Whether they get it though will be a different story.

You have to be kidding if you think Liverpool werent title contenders this season. They are in and around where everyone expected them to be. Thats just trying to deflect from them blowing the realistic chance they had of winning the league ( and i think they did well to get this far in the end with some of the injuries ). Most bookies probably had them second or third favourites behind Citeh.

You dont win the league by 9 or 10 points with a squad on its knees. Having a squad with a shorter shelf life doesnt mean it should struggle. Having a younger group of players isnt always going to mean you are in a healthier position. Lets see how much influence Klopp had over these guys before we claim that. If they are as good as you think they are, i'm sure they will kick on.

Next Liverpool manager i personally think is going to struggle. You dont often follow up a manager like Klopp with one close to being as succesful as he has been. They did it once replacing Shankly with Paisley, Paisley with Fagan, Fagan with Dalglish. That was a mad period where their success just kept flowing and not likely to be repeated. One of my best mates and my aunt, both of who are Liverpool season ticket holders, are bricking themselves about replacing Klopp because they know there isnt anyone around willing to come to Liverpool who is close to his level. Whoever comes in is going to need some time, a bit like Arteta at Arsenal. Whether they get it though will be a different story.
I can't really go much further than the start of this cause it's complete revisionism.

We finished 5th last season on 67pts, were a made a mockery of in the transfer window by rival fans and re-built the entire midfield. Even as an optimistic Liverpool fan I didn't predict us to be a "contender", 3rd maybe at a stretch but still in the race at GW30, no chance.

You could go to any of the big broadcast providers/YouTube channels and you'd be hard pressed to find any prediction that had LFC competing for the title like they have this season.

No deflection at all, it's been a great season and we've surpassed my expectations. I wanted/expected more in Europa but league-wise it's been fantastic. Klopp leaving shouldn't change that in the slightest.

Of course it's ended disappointingly but this squad just wasn't ready to go all the way on all fronts.

Liverpool are always considered as contenders and should be. Their supporters should be disappointed with the way they lost, especially to Everton. I think they should be proud of the season with injuries they have had even if they don't win the league. Not over yet. They do need a rejuvenation at some point in the next couple of years.

I can't really go much further than the start of this cause it's complete revisionism.

We finished 5th last season on 67pts, were a made a mockery of in the transfer window by rival fans and re-built the entire midfield. Even as an optimistic Liverpool fan I didn't predict us to be a "contender", 3rd maybe at a stretch but still in the race at GW30, no chance.

You could go to any of the big broadcast providers/YouTube channels and you'd be hard pressed to find any prediction that had LFC competing for the title like they have this season.

No deflection at all, it's been a great season and we've surpassed my expectations. I wanted/expected more in Europa but league-wise it's been fantastic. Klopp leaving shouldn't change that in the slightest.

Of course it's ended disappointingly but this squad just wasn't ready to go all the way on all fronts.

If you think thats revisionist you are dreaming. Last season is totally irrelevant. Klopp saw where they were weak last season in midfield and improved it. Liverpool are a better this season, its not even debatable they are and they have proved it. Last season they looked a tired football team who lost a lot of their resilience.

I dont have to go to youtubers, i speak to fans every week who go and watch them every week. They all expected them to challenge for the title, just like the bookies did ( and they arent often that wrong about who will be there or there abouts ) I dont think they expected to win it, but they expected to be up there pushing, so that makes them a contender. The only reason people didnt have them as out and out favourites is because of Man City. Pretty sure at the start of this season most pundits had Citeh to win it, challenged by Arsenal and Liverpool, with United and Chelsea outsiders. The only major pundit i can think of who had anyone to win it but Citeh is Gary Neville, but that was probably his United bias showing.

Liverpool are always considered as contenders and should be. Their supporters should be disappointed with the way they lost, especially to Everton. I think they should be proud of the season with injuries they have had even if they don't win the league. Not over yet. They do need a rejuvenation at some point in the next couple of years.

Its as i said though, i dont think anyone was looking past Citeh to win it. They are just too strong, but if they slipped up it would have been most people's opinion that Liverpool and Arsenal would be there or there abouts. The table is still close enough as well that either of those clubs could still win it, there is only 3 points between them. People though dont see Citeh slipping up now so everyone thinks its unlikely. Still plenty of points to play for.

Liverpool fans probably didn't think they were contenders, but they became contenders and one of the favourites to win it.

They got back into winning form after the International break and were sole leaders on top of the table with a very favourable draw. Then they went to Old Trafford and it's all gone to shit from that point on.

Reports are United will be trying to offload 11 players in the next transfer window, Rashford and Antony included in the names that are on the outer.

I don't think they will be sold, because I don't think they will get the price they want for them. But there are reports we're going to have a transfer budget of up to 200 million and if we can offload 9 of that 11 then we're going to have a lot of funds freed up to revamp this side.

Ratcliffe wants to focus primarily on British talent and players that are proven in the Premier League.

Unfortunately, it looks like Ashworth won't be in place for the next window and it will be Berrada and Wilcox forming a makeshift recruitment team. But at least the fucking idiot Murtaugh is gone from the club and no longer responsible for recruitment, he was useless.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.