Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
I am keen for the Euro's.

I'm thinking Portugal 🇵🇹 take it out.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
If Southgate takes the handbrake off i fancy our chances. Bellingham is the best player in the world right now and if he can fire alongside Foden we are in with a good chance.

The defence though is a worry. Not much quality in there.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Manchester City could face being banned from Champions League because of Girona qualifying.

UEFA regulations state that two clubs under the same ownership cannot compete in the same competition. Owners can only have one club and can't have more than a 30% stake in the other.

City Football Group have a 47% stake in Girona and they also have a majority stake in City, as well.

I want to see how City wiggle their way out of this one. More than likely it will be Girona that are banned.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Manchester City could face being banned from Champions League because of Girona qualifying.

UEFA regulations state that two clubs under the same ownership cannot compete in the same competition. Owners can only have one club and can't have more than a 30% stake in the other.

City Football Group have a 47% stake in Girona and they also have a majority stake in City, as well.

I want to see how City wiggle their way out of this one. More than likely it will be Girona that are banned.
Don't see how city have to wiggle out of anything really. Girona finished 3rd in La Liga, Citeh won the premier league. I think it's pretty clear Citeh should be in the champions league over a team that didn't win their league.

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
Call me crazy but I fancy England.
You are crazy. Southgate tactics nullify any advantage England have. A half decent international manager will figure them out.

Agree with others that Portugal have an insane squad, for me it's the 2nd best behind France's. Clear weakness is their manager is a spud too.

Dutch squad looks alright, just missing depth in central areas. De Jong cant do it all himself and Blind is far too old. Grav and Wijnaldum aren't it. Defensively strong (don't understand the 3x RWB's) but overly reliant on Gakpo and Depay for goals.

Germany are my smokey to win it. Really like that they've recalled Kroos and speaks to their depth that there's no space for Goretzka and Hummels. Their issue as has been the case since Lahm retired, is that they really lack quality at LB/RB, especially if Kimmich plays in midfield. Keen to see how they compensate for the lack of legs and pace with Gundo and Kroos. Wirtz v Musiala for the 10 will be an interesting dual, as will Muller's role.

Spain has one of their weaker squads in a long while. On paper they shouldn't stand a chance.

I'll be boring and take France to win it. No weaknesses at all in their squad.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Surprise surprise Real Madrid are Champions League winners again.

I was hoping Dortmund would win it, only because it would have increased Sancho's value being a CL winner.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Real Madrid were winning it the second they beat City.

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
Surprise surprise Real Madrid are Champions League winners again.

I was hoping Dortmund would win it, only because it would have increased Sancho's value being a CL winner.
I doubt it would make too much of a difference. He's damaged goods.

My prediction is that turns into a Lukaku situation, he'll just end up on loans until his contract is run down and he leaves for free. There might be an English club or two that wants him but no one is paying what United would want or matching his wages.

The player has all the power and with the wages he's on, he's right to stay comfortable. Should use the chance to give a few other leagues in Europe a go.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
TBF, BD dominated the first 60 or so minutes. Courtois and slightly off finishing kept RM in it.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The decision is in, Ten Hag is staying.

INEOS are going to start discussions on a new deal.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
The decision is in, Ten Hag is staying.

INEOS are going to start discussions on a new deal.
Thank **** for that... although it could just mean the targets they identified weren't available/interested at this point in time.

If they have a sub par transfer period over the summer they could just be setting ETH up to fail and start looking again for a puppet manager to install.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Thank **** for that... although it could just mean the targets they identified weren't available/interested at this point in time.

That's what I was thinking.

INEOS claiming his role in the development of Garnacho, Mainoo and other youth players has been a key factor in keeping him, but I think it's mainly down to Tuchel walking away from the job, McKenna staying at Ipswich and Poch not wanting to be a puppet.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
I predict ETH won't see out the season. Sacked by Jan.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
That's what I was thinking.

INEOS claiming his role in the development of Garnacho, Mainoo and other youth players has been a key factor in keeping him, but I think it's mainly down to Tuchel walking away from the job, McKenna staying at Ipswich and Poch not wanting to be a puppet.

Its a ballsy move from United. Hope he does well tbh but if they dont start the season well i dont think he will make it past the first 10 games. Seems crazy really a club as big as United cant attract a high level manager because of how they are run these days. No manager worth his salt is going to go and be a puppet manager.

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
I predict ETH won't see out the season. Sacked by Jan.
January is generous. He'll be out the door by October.

As soon as Southgate is available the pressure will ramp up.

My attention is on the Euros for now. The Dutch have been decimated losing both De Jong and Koopmeiners, while Germany have lost Pavlovic and recalled Emre Can. English pushing ahead with an unfit Shaw...

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosAlways
  • ezpz
  • Wolfie
  • Battler
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • marw
  • GCBRONCO
  • Howie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.