FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

Just kick them out of the comp for good.

It’s only Man City. Only City fans will miss them.
I would like to know what charges they are guilty of before condemning them. One of them is for having grass too long on the pitch.

Juventus were bribing officials to get their stint in Serie B a decade or so ago. They've also been docked 15 points and lost half their board for dodgy business this season. Chelsea had their transfer ban for FFP breaches a few seasons ago. Those are the relevant precedents at least to my knowledge.

Its likely they make an example of City, I just hope its not over the top due to the geopolitics at play here. If they do get a guilty verdict at the end of it all bare minimum I expect City fans to want their owners out.

I would like to know what charges they are guilty of before condemning them. One of them is for having grass too long on the pitch.

Juventus were bribing officials to get their stint in Serie B a decade or so ago. They've also been docked 15 points and lost half their board for dodgy business this season. Chelsea had their transfer ban for FFP breaches a few seasons ago. Those are the relevant precedents at least to my knowledge.

Its likely they make an example of City, I just hope its not over the top due to the geopolitics at play here. If they do get a guilty verdict at the end of it all bare minimum I expect City fans to want their owners out.
If it's similar to the previous UEFA charges then the most serious ones are likely to be associated with inflating their revenue streams, which inline with FFP allows them to spend more on transfers, incur larger losses, etc.

I think in the UEFA charges I recall reading that they were effectively using shell companies to represent fake sponsorship deals, but it was just their rich owners paying the sponsorships to prop up revenues and then using that cash on transfers, etc. Basically laundering money into the club.

Etihad is their shirt and stadium sponsor, which is UAE so there was talk that those deals were massively inflated in order to increase revenue.

They were spruiking a larger revenue than Manchester United for last year... who are on par with Real Madrid and Barcelona for fanbases. I think I read somewhere that Man U have double the global fanbase, but somehow their revenue is apparently on par.

Football Teams Revenues

Does there need to be a reason to condemn them?

Like I said, it's only Manchester City.

They were spruiking a larger revenue than Manchester United for last year... who are on par with Real Madrid and Barcelona for fanbases. I think I read somewhere that Man U have double the global fanbase, but somehow their revenue is apparently on par.

Football Teams Revenues
View attachment 20961

A lot more than double based on the figures I'm reading.

Manchester City, 39 million. Manchester United, new research is showing 659 million.

Does there need to be a reason to condemn them?

Like I said, it's only Manchester City.
Yes, they need to actually be guilty of something and there is a process that must be followed first.

Would say the same if it was any other club with the same accusations.

Everyone knew from the start they are inflating their sponsorships since they are connected to the owners(their stadium sponsor for example is the highest paid for a sports stadium on earth despite NFL Stadium sponsors generally being worth more and flood the top lists and it's been upgraded again since it broke that record lmao), just that they used a weird Shell Company system to hide it, which the Premier league finally figuring it out, there isn't any defence here, they can delay all they like but this steams from the leak that was given after their last UEFA FFP issue(which didn't have the connection between sponsors and companies).

I think unless for some miracle, they are going to get relegated, but I bet it will be the Championship rather then the entire football league(so they go to the National league where Wrexham is atm).

Compare it to PSG who atleast found outside sponsors, their title Sponsor Accor is a separate company so is their exclusive Jordan deal, and they don't have a Stadium sponsor.

Arsenal very lucky to come away with a point this morning.

Brentford should have won that. Mbeumo got one-on-one with the keeper and scored but the ref called it back for a bullshit foul call. Toney had a quality chance but hit the crossbar.

A loss to Everton, a draw against Brentford. They have some tough matches coming up in the run home, these two results may come back to hurt them.

Thankfully a couple of other results went Man United's way this morning, Newcastle with the 1-1 draw against Bournemouth and Tottenham losing 4-1 to Leicester City.

They keep 3rd for now. They have the match against Leeds at 12AM so hopefully they come away with the win in that one and increase the gap.

Fucking hell Bruno.

That was a golden chance that he should have scored with his eyes closed. Fucking hell.

0-0 at half time.

Man United should be on the scoreboard and leading if Bruno didn't stuff up his chances.

Jeez United have started this second half terribly.

Leeds are looking likely.

****!

Dalot's shot hitting the crossbar!

Wan-Bissaka coming on.

Fucking hell.

There's just no intensity in United's play at all.

Wake the **** up guys.

Fucking excellent delivery from Shaw and a brilliant header from Rashford.

Oooooh they might check this.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • bb_gun
  • Galah
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Sproj
  • sooticus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • rj9
  • mystico
  • Bish
  • Bronx48
  • Battler
  • Browny
  • LittleDavey
  • broncos4life
  • Skyblues87
  • Wolfie
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.