ennis should never kick

M

mishelley_84

Mar 4, 2008
i've lost count of the number of times i'll yelled at him for poor kicks this season.

not a big fan, wont lose much sleep over him leaving the broncs.

also annoys me how often as a team we kick on the fourth, or even third, when coming out of our own half. why not use the extra tackle.........

kicking early is fine if you have some momentum and the opposition is back pedalling. Helps you get a better placed kick and chase. But you're right, the broncos seem to kick early without momentum.

And agree, ennis has a very poor attacking kicking game.

I'm sure it was late in the Tigers match someone kicked on the 3rd or 4th tackle (don't know if it was Ennis or not), and IMO that was a perfect early kick with momentum. icon_thumbs_u We managed to keep them down their end with a good kick chase. Unfortunately that dosen't happen often enough with Ennis. Does it come back to that communication problem?

I agree. I wouldn't get frustrated when we kick early, if something good eventuates (i.e. a try or closer to the try line). So, we should really improve our kick and chase...

Ennis should communicate with the other players when he's kicking early so they're ready to chase the ball.

I think Ennis is way too inconsistent, some nights he tries too hard and overdoes the play!, not at all concerned that he is leaving next year.

I think his goal kicking is inconsistent and just plain terrible. He's misses the ones he should get and nails ones you think he'll never get.

All his kicks in the 2nd half were the only ones that got behind the Tigers fullback and actually got us decent territory.

I agree, he was our best field position kicker against the Tigers. Either that or I am insane.

gUt said:
I agree, he was our best field position kicker against the Tigers. Either that or I am insane.
You aren't insane, he only did that one kick out on the full (but so did Benji Marshall) he then tidied his act up and kicked well.

The Rock said:
gUt said:

Besides that kick that went out on the field, I thought the same.

Only cause we had no real other options so his looked the best lol.

I don't agree, it annoys me when he kicks out on the full, but he put a really good kick on in the second half, the ball sat up in the ingoal I think and we had the Tigers working out from their own try line, they knocked the ball on a few tackles later. I'd like to see Parker take the shots at goal though...

KrispyKris said:
I agree. I wouldn't get frustrated when we kick early, if something good eventuates (i.e. a try or closer to the try line). So, we should really improve our kick and chase...

Ennis should communicate with the other players when he's kicking early so they're ready to chase the ball

Exactly.

And kicking early now and then means you can take a deal of pressure off the kicker, by adding a bit of unpredictability to the game plan, but yeah, without communication and the resulting kick/chase, it's a waste of time - unless it's a 40-20.

its only his kicking early in the opp 20 that annoys me. he puts in a nice grubber or chip but doesnt tell any1 so he's the only idiot chasing it.

And i dont know why parker isnt goal kicking, he is more % wise accurate.

another horrible kicking perfomance from ennis....always trying to be the hero, but doesnt have the skills.

counting down the games...

to me it seems that Ennis wanted to be the hero and kicked for himself even when there were far better options. i am thinking that more and more these days

That last kick he did just before full-time was absolutely stupid! I wanted to punch him!

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.