Ese'ese to turn club form into rep jersey

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
HERMAN Ese’ese is gaining a reputation as a metre-eater this season and the Broncos forward has put his form down to his desire to play representative footy.

Born and raised in Auckland, the young prop has been a revelation off the bench for Brisbane so far this season.

While part of this boom in form is down to a strong pre-season from Ese’ese, he has also revealed an element of it is his desire to play representative football on the international stage.

The 22-year-old, who last year described himself as a “Kiwi kid” through and through, is also eligible for Samoa, where both of his parents were born.

With Samoa set to take on England next month — and the Kiwis to meet the Kangaroos — Ese’ese has confirmed he has one eye on his first international rep jersey.

“I was born and raised in Auckland, New Zealand, but my mum and dad are from Samoa so I am eligible for both,” Ese’ese said.

“If any opportunity with either of them pops up, I will take it with both hands. I’d like to represent my country but also where my parents come from.

“There’s the Test matches in May so my main goal is to try to make either the New Zealand or Samoa team for that.

“But then with the World Cup lurking at the end of the year, I’d love to put on a black or blue jersey. It would be a huge moment for myself and my family.

“I am focused on the regular season first but I know I just have to keep playing good footy.”

Ese’ese’s next chance to make a claim for a rep jersey comes on Thursday night, when he will come up against the strong Roosters forward pack.

With the giant prop currently averaging 102m a game, Ese’ese is more than ready for his next challenge.

“I’m really happy with how I’m going and I’m grateful for the opportunity Wayne (Bennett) is giving me every week,” he said.

“I’m not taking those opportunities for granted though. I’ll just try to play my heart out and keep my spot.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...y/news-story/62f6a90f94d502c5d8bb7ce86ac51d74

He's been my favourite new player since Oates. Tries his heart out.

I honestly didn't rate him at all before this year. Always happy to be proven wrong if it comes to helping the Broncs. :superhappythumbsup:

One of the underrated broncos doing a great job, happy to see this sort of stuff. If he can find some game fitness, he's going to be a great player for years to come. Seeing as props mature at the age of 25 plus. Time is his friend.

Good luck to the guy. Amazing what you can do when you make a commitment to getting fit.Would love to see him run over the top of JWH a few times tonight.

I honestly didn't rate him at all before this year. Always happy to be proven wrong if it comes to helping the Broncs. :superhappythumbsup:

Yeah I completely share your sentiments, couldn't have worded my thoughts any better.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • broncoscope
  • Redfern_1980
  • FACTHUNT
  • Gaz
  • Redux
  • Sproj
  • porouian
  • Mr Fourex
  • Tim K
  • Johnny92
  • Culhwch
  • Howie
  • Mpost
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosMan
  • YeahNahMate
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.