Name a Random Former NRL Player

Robbie Ross - underrated player for mine and loved the year he had with us in 1996. From memory he came to us due to the Super League and signing with the Mariners so they threw him to the Broncos the year before as he had cut ties with the Knights. Was a gun for us on the wing and at fullback. Remember watching us smash Penrith (those were the days) and he and Darren Smith were just running wild. My memory might be hazy again but some rumours we wanted to keep him and he wanted to stay but ended up at the Mariners as we had already stockpiled a shit load of talent and powers at be wanted to make SL as competitive as possible. We also had a guy named Darren Lockyer ready to step into the fullback shoes...Ended up at the Storm when they were likeable and kicked on for a few rep games

Lagi Setu - Remember having huge hopes for this hard hitting backrower when he came to the Broncos. Not sure if he was a Bennett signing before he left or a Henjack signing but he never kicked on like i hoped. Glimpses here and there with some big hits but not the future rep player i was hoping for. Wish he got the chance under Bennett to see if that made a difference. Ended up leaving us to do a mormon mission from memory and maybe even Bellamy had the same hopes as me as got thrown a lifeline at the Storm but never amounted to anything and a final hail mary on him by the Roosters before he disappeared from the NRL.

Rod Jensen - keen to hear your thoughts on this bloke @JayPee. He was one of my favourite Cowboys back in the day. Always brought a bit of spark off the bench with his agility.

Sam Backo - always remember the image of him driving a forklift in some news article or something. He was fun to watch. GO BIG SAM!!

Paul Hoff - who can forget the sight of him in full stride.

Chicka Ferguson - very entertaining at full stretch but then again that raiders team was stacked. What a team they had.

Rod Jensen - keen to hear your thoughts on this bloke @JayPee. He was one of my favourite Cowboys back in the day. Always brought a bit of spark off the bench with his agility.
He was so underrated during that time. Used to go hard without the ball too. That reminds me of David Faiumu. Big left foot step and spent alot of time at dummy half.

Assistant coach of the women's cowboys and nz side atm

Mose Masoe - scary motherfucker off the bench for the Roosters. Loved the aggression he played with. Would've loved to have seen him at the Broncos, big fan. Terrible what's happened to him.

Semi Tadulala - one of my favourite ever rugby league names. Flows off the tongue so well. He played 16 games for the Storm between 2001 and 2003.

Paul Kent
IMG 1364
IMG 1365

Ken Wilson - Played half & 5/8th for the newton jets alongside gus gould. was instrumental in their run to the '81 GF against parra

Aaron Whitchurch.

The amount I heard his name during my time in an excellence in rugby league program through school was incredible. Seemed everyone had raps on him and what he could have been in a variety of positions.

Shame about the injury.

Michael Bani

Always thought he had a bit about him the banana man but played only a few seasons at Manly and then the Cowboys before fading away into obscurity

Michael Bani

Always thought he had a bit about him the banana man but played only a few seasons at Manly and then the Cowboys before fading away into obscurity

Can never forgive your team really for taking the best player of all time from us - Scott Minto.

Nick Kenny - absolutely loved what he bought to the club. All heart he was.
I’ll see your Nick Kenny and raise you one “Needles” Kennedy.

The only Bronco in history guilty of using performance reducing drugs…

Henry Faafili - entertaining winger part of the early 2000s warriors side that made the gf. Remember cornrows and the post try celebrations.

John Carlaw comes to mind too around that time, mostly because he shared the same last name as our Dane. Had some decent toe from memory. Also part of the early 2000s warriors side.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Manofoneway
  • cento
  • Xzei
  • Stix
  • YeahNahMate
  • barker
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • Behind enemy lines
  • jd87
  • pennywisealfie
  • Johnny92
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TimWhatley
  • NSW stables
  • broncos4life
  • Redfern_1980
  • Aldo
  • davidp
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.