Ex-Broncos Players Discussion

Like I said, we are getting away with a winger in the halves because our key forwards are just completely on fire.

Re: Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Hell, it doesn't even have to be Wallace, if we kept Prince for one more year we are infinitely better as well. Hoffman's contribution is pretty poor in the grand scheme of things.

Seeing as we've let in a fair few easy tries I doubt Prince would have helped keep us in front. Hoffman has helped a lot defensively.

Seeing as we've let in a fair few easy tries I doubt Prince would have helped keep us in front. Hoffman has helped a lot defensively.
I think of a half as someone who is there to kick, pass and get points on the board, if they can defend well then that's a bonus too. Otherwise if we were looking for someone solid in defense, hai Wal.

I think of a half as someone who is there to kick, pass and get points on the board, if they can defend well then that's a bonus too. Otherwise if we were looking for someone solid in defense, hai Wal.

"hai Wal" and hello 2013..

Our defense is winning games and Hoffman is getting better each week. You're just forgetting the good things he has already done to justify your opinion. He has kicked and he set up 2 tries against the Roosters.

Last edited:

We also have a fullback with half a brain now and Macca finally being allowed to play the full eighty, Thaiday not playing as captain, Maranta pulling his finger out.

I'd like to see Wallace with these things at his disposal.

LOL ....he had Darren Lockyer at his disposal and he was still derping it up !!

He hasn't played too poorly for Penrith when he has been on the field, but he's yet to really make me miss him. From what I saw of his first two performances, he had a bit more of a hands on role, spending a little bit more time out of dummy half but when it came to general play he was still fairly impotent.

After yesterday's Panther's game I can see Soward moving into halfback with Isaac John taking over at 5/8

and Peter Wallace maybe getting one or two games on the bench,
before fading into obscurity where he belongs.

Yeah I said this ages ago and since then McCullough and Barba have done so. And so has Hoffman.

Does anyone know what Brett Seymour is doing? I know he had some issues and was let go by his Super League team but maybe if he still wanted to have a run for a QCup team or even below that, we could have a look at that.

Poor Brett Seymour. I would love him back just to help him get his life sorted. A massive shame we had to punt him (and we really had no choice) because both parties would have benefited greatly had he stayed in our system. The stuff that went on overseas had me feeling really sorry for him & his family.

That ship I think has well & truly sailed though.

I kinda regret losing Beale, I know he wanted to play fullback, but he isn't.. He's also playing great for the dragons in the centres, if I had to choose from him or Reed at the moment, Beale wins hands down.

Poor Brett Seymour. I would love him back just to help him get his life sorted. A massive shame we had to punt him (and we really had no choice) because both parties would have benefited greatly had he stayed in our system. The stuff that went on overseas had me feeling really sorry for him & his family.

That ship I think has well & truly sailed though.

He's coming back to Australia so anything could happen. He'd never be a Bronco again though, his family fucking hate us.

LOL ....he had Darren Lockyer at his disposal and he was still derping it up !!
Do you think Hoffman is a better half than Wallace?

I'll leave it at that.

I'll need a minute or two before answering ......

I'll leave it at that.

The difference is that Hunt and Macca (in particular) don't take a back seat to Hoffman like they did to Wallace.

I'll leave it at that.

It's close.....Hoffman with the whole 4 games at half under his belt

vs Wallace, a half .....all his NRL playing career. :hmmmm2:

it's really a disingenuous question ...you might as well of asked who's a better half out of Wallace and Thaiday (which again would be a close and hard to answer question).

Hoffman is a much better fit for Brisbane at the moment, than Peter Wallace.

I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
I think letting Wallace go forced the coaches hand into playing a different style. Unleashing the talent in the side has worked a treat when compared with using everyone as a battering ram to get the side into the red zone then let Wallace derp it up from there.

Let's ask the Cowboys how that style works for them, they are looking so predictable this year and they look like the Broncos of 2013 even with Thurston in the side. Their centres don't see clean ball and are reduced to dummy half runners or extra back rowers

Our style of play was as much to blame as Wal.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • Mustafur
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.