Excited about the new guys next year

W

Webcke

NYC Player
Mar 13, 2008
Everyone is whinging and crying about who is leaving (Me included) but lets focus on what we are getting. Folau, I mean what else can I say? The next Mal meniga, shit he is only 19 we got plenty of years in him. Setu and Teo give us much needed strike power and bone rattling defence. Gorrel could end up being a decent addition. U20s have been incrediable, hopefully a few stars will step up into first grade... _woohoo_

Did we really sign Gorrell, I missed the news [icon_lol1.

I have a feeling Gorrell will carve up for us next year, like Ennis but without being a twat in the meantime (well I hope so anyway).

yes i think every1 will have forgotten about him and he will be the buy of the season

I'm hoping Gorrell can really provide that spark that we need out of dummy half.

Teo and Setu will certainly be great for us with their hard running on the fringes and solid defence.

Folau is a great buy ..... awesome potential for years to come.

These guys won't be able to do jack'shit though unless we get our front row sorted ... we need some real go-forward from our bookends

Excited about Setu, Gorrell and Folau.

T'eo has the talent, but also the inconsistency. IMO there will be no halfway with him, he'll either be a superstar, or will be another Motu Tony and bugger off after a few months.

jarro65 said:
I'm hoping Gorrell can really provide that spark that we need out of dummy half.

Teo and Setu will certainly be great for us with their hard running on the fringes and solid defence.

Folau is a great buy ..... awesome potential for years to come.

These guys won't be able to do jack'shit though unless we get our front row sorted ... we need some real go-forward from our bookends

Spot on, I'm worried about our forward stocks for next year, how they play will determine our season.

All rests on Taylor is he becomes the Prop he can be we should be ok in theforward stocks but if he continues with his lazy ways we are in trouble IMO..

The little i've seen of Setu in the WC has been good. Looking forward to see how he goes next year.

very much excited about izzy and lagi. but i dont share the same enthusiasm as most people about aaron gorrell. he might be a solid starter for us...maybe. but i dont see him coming close to being buy of the year. i hope he proves me wrong.

I've got the updated Rugby League 2: World Cup Edition, and believe me if Gorrell is anything like he is on the game we will be fine! [icon_lol1.

Old Mate said:
I've got the updated Rugby League 2: World Cup Edition, and believe me if Gorrell is anything like he is on the game we will be fine! [icon_lol1.

Unless they put him in the side, and next time they go to play he has disappeared from the roster like they do on the game...

But but but he has even better kicking stats than Locky! :shock:

Teo was awesome for Samoa the other night, if he can string a few performances like that together we'll be laughing.

But how many times do you yell at the TV when Israel is playing and say "CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM IN BRONCOS COLOURS!!!"
I'm feelin the love for Izzy!

I'm confident about the new guys, Teo and Setu definetly seam on the up and I'm glad they have both had a good run in the RLWC, Teo picked up two tries against France the other night which is awesome for a forward. I recon he's the next generation Lock perfect replacement for Tonza just as long as Henjac can work on his consistency.

Bennet had a knack for getting that extra 10% out of players I'm just hoping the new coaching staff can have the same effect.

Can't wait for kick off 09!

Te'o double inspires Samoa win
By Tamara Mclean
November 09, 2008 SAMOAN second-rower Ben Te'o made a blistering World Cup debut with two tries as his side thrashed France 42-10 at CUA Stadium.

The result secured Samoa ninth place and handed France the unlucky wooden spoon in the 10-team tournament.

It was a highly disappointing end to the French campaign and followed their 42-6 belting from Fiji last week.

The Samoans dominated the opening 40 minutes by running in five tries to none followed by two more in second half for a 36-0 lead before the French made a late entry onto the scoreboard with two late four-pointers.

Te'o, overlooked for Samoa's first two matches, showed his brilliance throughout by setting up two tries and scoring two of his own.

He threw a well-timed offload for Francis Meli to score in the 12th minute and then brushed aside five defenders to score an outstanding solo try in the 24th minute.

He continued to torment the French with a one-handed offload that led to winger Misi Taulapapa scoring in the 38th minute.

Brisbane Broncos bound Te'o then completed his superb game by bursting through for Samoa's sixth try just eight minutes after half-time.

In an often brutal game the Samoans were rarely troubled even though a late flurry from France, with tries to Jerome Guisset (64th minute) and Sebastien Planas (68th), added some late excitement.

Skipper Tony Puletua completed Samoa's rout by scoring in the 77th minute.

Te'o was not alone in starring for Samoa with five-eighth Ben Roberts named man of the match and prop Kylie Leulua'i setting the tone with some heavy defence.

i think the best buy was Israel Folau even though he cost alot of the salary cap.. we lost our awesome wingers but then again they chose to go.. if i were them i would stick with the broncos - but then agen thats just me..

im sure we will be just as good next year as what we were this year..

and sometimes change is always guud. [icon_razz1

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • The Don
  • MrMoore
  • Dash
  • Lostboy
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • winslow_wong
  • GCBRONCO
  • theshed
  • Bish
  • broncoscope
  • NSW stables
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Fatboy
  • Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • FACTHUNT
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.