Fan engagement

Nepal Donkeys

Nepal Donkeys

NYC Player
Aug 17, 2015
Probably more of a whinge than anything else, but I feel like the club really falls down off field in terms of fan engagement. Always quick to hit you up for your membership renewal, but there's fairly little in the way of member engagement (or general fan engagement too). Feels a bit like its very much taken for granted that there will always be committed fans due to being a one club city.

Even just little things like pre-season content. Plenty of clubs across both AFL/NRL do pre-season series on youtube of high quality - seeing what goes on, getting into some personalities etc. Broncos seem quite happy with the odd instagram story and post. Surely the biggest club in the game can do something more for fan engagement?

Interested to hear if I'm way off base, or anybody else feels the same.

I've felt for a while now the Broncos really could do with a quality video production team at the club.

There is a lot of opportunity there, especially for sponsorship, but unfortunately they just don't see it. Not well enough, anyway.

A documentary style pre-season series like the Tigers did would be excellent, especially last year with the change of coach and Seibold's plan for overhauling the club.

Even a weekly series focusing on the players preparation for games with game day footage would be cool.

There are so many things they can do that they don't currently do and things they are currently doing that can be done better. It would cost more, but they have the money to do it.

It really doesn’t surprise me anymore. They have the markings of many of their sponsors: popular and hugely profitable enough, particularly corporately, to not give a shit unless things start going wrong. They do tend to treat us like idiots, although I can’t blame them when you look at the comments on their socials.

It’s why I wouldn’t hate having another SEQ team as it may be the shot across the bow the club needs in that respect when crowds start to drop. (Obviously I don’t want another from a player retention standpoint). Hopefully with White’s departure it can be something the new boss looks at in their review

This is actually one of the reasons I cancelled my membership 2 years ago. You're just a number to them.

It may have changed now, but it used to bug me that the players rarely even circled the ground to thank the fans for coming. Every game I've been to in Sydney has had the home team thank the crowd afterwards - win or lose. Only once did the Broncos players come to the Broncos away bay as well.

Last edited:
Titans putting on a pre-season clinic for kids for $10, I think some of that is going to the fire appeal.

I haven't seen anything like that for the Broncos. If they do, they don't advertise it well.

Considering taking my son, he'll love it. Even a shit club like the Titans get it.

You sure you want your kid to learn anything from the Titans?

This is actually one of the reasons I cancelled my membership 2 years ago. You're just a number to them.

It may have changed now, but it used to bug me that the players rarely even circled the ground to thank the fans for coming. Every game I've been to in Sydney has had the home team thank the crowd afterwards - win or lose. Only once did the Broncos players come to the Broncos away bay as well.
This. I wrote an email to the club years ago about this. It used to bug me seeing players walking around Suncorp after a game like it was a chore. Nowhere near the fences waving to the fans. All the kids wanted was to touch their heroes and say hello. What made it worse was seeing other clubs interact so much better.
To be fair, things have improved no end and the players now seem happy to interact, take photos and autographs. Just seeing the smiles on kids faces is priceless publicity alone.

I find it crazy that a fan of a team would even consider taking his kid to the others clubs shit. Weird man, surely there are about a million things to do before you start doing the old "**** my club" shit?

I find it crazy that a fan of a team would even consider taking his kid to the others clubs shit. Weird man, surely there are about a million things to do before you start doing the old "**** my club" shit?

It's nothing about "**** my club". My kid would fucking love a kids clinic. He won't care who runs it. I'd much rather take him to a Broncos one, but where are they?

I’m pretty sure they have one in Dalby or whatever each year but it’s poorly advertised. They don’t have any around the city or at the club.

They could do things a lot better.

When I was a kid, my brother and I went to Broncos clinics at Red Hill all the time. Have they stopped doing them?

If there isn’t even a single kids clinic in Brisbane each year that’d be pathetic. Surely that’s not the case...

I went to one as a kid, got put in Petero’s group for some drills and got a photo with him. It was awesome lol

When I was a kid, my brother and I went to Broncos clinics at Red Hill all the time. Have they stopped doing them?

They might do. But I still get the Broncos member mail and I haven't noticed it. The Titans one I keep seeing everywhere.

Point being, casual fans with kids playing the game are only going to go in one direction.

Just throwing a theory out, considering a lot of the stuff they do in regional areas is partnered by Arrow Energy or through the Beyond the Broncos/Deadly Choices stuff, is it purely a case of corporate PR?

And then they say ‘well we’ve done clinics and school visits etc all over the state so we’re doing more than enough‘?

But like Morkel said, and granted I don’t have kids, but I never see anything in Brisbane as far as actual clinics or anything go.

don’t even start me on the fan days

also their online presence is terrible.

Last edited:
This is all just further evidence of how jaded and complacent the club has become. I'm sick and tired of it. This is supposed to be the most professional and no bullshit club in the code, yet we can't even manage fan interaction properly? FFS man.

Broncs have been shitting the bed both on and off the field for a long time now.

Broncs have been shitting the bed both on and off the field for a long time now.

They have gotten slack at simple things like fan engagement after a home game. I remember a few years ago when I went to a game, I took a jersey to try and get it signed and it was like I was asking for 1 million dollars. J Wallace was the only one that took the time for a 3 second signature. The other players just ignored me or said “to busy sorry mate”

Active Now

• Stix
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Mustafur
  • MrTickyMcG
  • jd87
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.