Suncorp Stadium

Friday
Night
19:50

Storm

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting through 15 years of floggings and especially being there for that '08 game, the nerves are bad.
I was there then and where I think we made the mistake was not Sims dropping the ball in a 3 man tackle but a little while before that when we forced a line drop out and smith put it out on the full. Then we got the usual penalty 10M out in front of the posts.
At that stage we were leading 12 - 10 and I remember thinking at the time we should probably take the 2 because although it wouldn’t guarantee a win this night points had been very hard to come by and this was a gift.
As it was we went for the big play and although Hannant crashed over the line (with Bennett jumping up in the box showing a rare streak of emotion) he was held up and as it was the sixth tackle the storm got the ball back.
The rest as they say is history.

I was there then and where I think we made the mistake was not Sims dropping the ball in a 3 man tackle but a little while before that when we forced a line drop out and smith put it out on the full. Then we got the usual penalty 10M out in front of the posts.
At that stage we were leading 12 - 10 and I remember thinking at the time we should probably take the 2 because although it wouldn’t guarantee a win this night points had been very hard to come by and this was a gift.
As it was we went for the big play and although Hannant crashed over the line (with Bennett jumping up in the box showing a rare streak of emotion) he was held up and as it was the sixth tackle the storm got the ball back.
The rest as they say is history.
From memory no one contested Slater's try either, just let him jump all over us.

15 years ago tho, time to move on (not aimed at you).

I expect a big display from our boys, especially someone like Payne, who used finals footy as a deciding factor in his future.
A bulk of these lads were here in the shit times, and haven’t experienced finals footy. This is why they play, so there’s no excuses from here on in, as long as Kev picks the best 17. A lot will come down to how much these players want it. Those 1% plays.
The storm have been here a million times, they are the complete opposite to us, with regards to finals footy. They will be primed.
I genuinely worry about the mental scars of not having beat the storm the past 14 games at Suncorp. That’s all these boys will hear all week. Use it as motivation and lets ambush the cheats!

I take propranalol and it barely keeps my BP/anxiety in check leading into Broncs games.
This shit is banned in competitive sports because it has such a profound calming effect, but it barely touches the sides when facing games like this one coming up.
I was put on that once for anxiety and my heart rate dove down to 30bpm (I had a resting hr of 60) and I thought I was dying haha I should dig it out of the med cabinet and take some on fri night 😆😆😅

The NRL is dumb as dog shit - Suncorp sold to single seats within about 10 minutes this morning, but the NRL and ticketek held back 1-2k seats. They've just released them now, when half the fanbase has missed out. If you or anyone you know missed out, jump on and grab them. Some great seats are now available.

The NRL is dumb as dog shit - Suncorp sold to single seats within about 10 minutes this morning, but the NRL and ticketek held back 1-2k seats. They've just released them now, when half the fanbase has missed out. If you or anyone you know missed out, jump on and grab them. Some great seats are now available.
Why did they do that? 🤔

I take propranalol and it barely keeps my BP/anxiety in check leading into Broncs games.
This shit is banned in competitive sports because it has such a profound calming effect, but it barely touches the sides when facing games like this one coming up.

I was put on that once for anxiety and my heart rate dove down to 30bpm (I had a resting hr of 60) and I thought I was dying haha I should dig it out of the med cabinet and take some on fri night 😆😆😅

It's only Tuesday and my guts are in complete shambles, I don't think I've ever been this nervous. Whoever is sitting next to me on the plane on Friday morning will legit think I am INSANE.

I just listened to yesterday’s bloke podcast with the guru and it filled me with even more doubt and fear about Friday night. They were talking up the storm so hard.

Why did they do that? 🤔
I think they hold back a bunch for NRL sponsors and promoters to redeem with a code. The window must have finished at 3:30pm so now they are on for the general public. Really terrible for those that missed out this morning - can't believe how quickly it was selling.

I think they hold back a bunch for NRL sponsors and promoters to redeem with a code. The window must have finished at 3:30pm so now they are on for the general public. Really terrible for those that missed out this morning - can't believe how quickly it was selling.
That makes a bit of sense then. Surely it will be sold out by tonight.

chrome_screenshot_5 Sept 2023 4_03_00 pm AEST.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.