Suncorp Stadium

Friday
Night
19:50

Storm

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn was hoping for a bellamy BHQ fist fight next time!
It is a darn shame I can't put laxatives in the storms water bottles and Bellamy 😂😂😂😂😂 the Bronx would have an easy win

I love a good turn around.

Broncos haven't scored a point in two of their last three finals games.

2019- Eels 58-0
2018-Dragons 48-18
2017- Storm 30-0

Broncos have only won Two finals games since the 2015 Grand Final.

2016- Titans 44-28
2017- Panthers 13-6

Finals since 2015 Grand Final.

2016-Titans 44-28
2016-Cowboys 26-20
2017-Roosters 24-22
2017-Panthers 13-6
2017- Storm-30-0
2018-Dragons 48-18
2019-Eels 58-0

220 points v 117 points.

I love a good turn around.

Broncos haven't scored a point in two of their last three finals games.

2019- Eels 58-0
2018-Dragons 48-18
2017- Storm 30-0

Broncos have only won Two finals games since the 2015 Grand Final.

2016- Titans 44-28
2017- Panthers 13-6

Finals since 2015 Grand Final.

2016-Titans 44-28
2016-Cowboys 26-20
2017-Roosters 24-22
2017-Panthers 13-6
2017- Storm-30-0
2018-Dragons 48-18
2019-Eels 58-0

220 points v 117 points.
hand on heart are you confident tonight?

hand on heart are you confident tonight?

Honestly don't know. It's like a Test 100 until you do it no one knows if you can do it. I think they have the ability and knowledge to win but they have to show it tonight where they haven't shown it yet in finals.

Two things that worry me is how the Storm manipulate Walsh in defence if they get him into tackles and then attack, they get to that right post and move him around the field and Grant from dummy half.

That's a no then - that's where I'm at though. Sure, they have the ability to win there are no doubts there, but Storm just always come at us with a gameplan that ultimately wins out. They do seem fortuitous at times but harder you work luckier you get etc.

As I said in the post game thread last week, we need to win the big moments. Don't beat ourselves. Frustrate the storm by being rock solid and making them work. Run at Hughes. Run at NAS if he's on the edges. Let Walsh run a million decoys if they're focusing intently on him. Let him bounce around the middle and keep their forwards constantly engaged. Mentally wear them out as well as physically.

There's a lot of confidence in this thread, and I can understand why, but I am wary of the threat Storm pose. I'm excited for the match, but I don't feel supremely confident - I think it can go either way.

As brilliant as we've been this season, I still can't recall one game where we've absolutely put it all together. Maybe against the Roosters a few weeks ago we came close, but for the most part, we've wasted a lot of opportunities with the ball. Fortunately, the sheer number of opportunities we create means we've gotten over the line more often than not.

I don't care for any of the hoodoo talk with regards to the Storm, it's irrelevant in my book. The fact is, the Storm have consistently been one of the strongest teams in the comp for nearly 20 years now (cheating or no cheating). They will absolutely go up a level or two in the finals, it's the nature of the beast. On paper, perhaps our team is stronger - when you look at the individual match-ups, we have them covered nearly all over the park. But, collectively, they are a team who know how to execute a gameplan, and Craig Bellamy knows a thing or two about manufacturing a successful gameplan.

It's vital that we complete our sets and respect the ball and the opposition. I don't want to see any of this trying to score on every play shit, or trying to force a dicey offload on the halfway line on the third tackle of our set. The risk outweighs the reward in this type of match.

We can't give the Storm a sniff, we need to be relentless, and we need to keep turning up for 80 minutes. Our defence needs to be on point - if there's any laziness creeping in, you can be sure the likes of Munster and Papenhuyzen will exploit it. How many times have we seen those two craft something out of nothing, because the defending team rests on its laurels?

Mentality is the biggest thing tonight. If we're focused and stay focused, we can beat anyone.

Should be fortunate enough to win, I truly hope the lads stay grounded and don't let the hype get to them... because there will be a lot of hype. If we lose, I don't see it as too much of a negative - the experience will help, and having to do things the hard way may make them want it more.

2. Warbrick
3. Seve
4. Tonumaipea
5. Coates

If we have a decent completion rate then Reynolds and Walsh should be too good for that backline.
$1.01 on Reimus Smith coming into that backline.

He's still in the extended squad.

I'd say for Seve because I think Young T has been playing left side

That's a no then - that's where I'm at though. Sure, they have the ability to win there are no doubts there, but Storm just always come at us with a gameplan that ultimately wins out. They do seem fortuitous at times but harder you work luckier you get etc.

As I said in the post game thread last week, we need to win the big moments. Don't beat ourselves. Frustrate the storm by being rock solid and making them work. Run at Hughes. Run at NAS if he's on the edges. Let Walsh run a million decoys if they're focusing intently on him. Let him bounce around the middle and keep their forwards constantly engaged. Mentally wear them out as well as physically.

I think it's just the unknown that worries me. They've had a great year, improved a lot and done everything they said they will, but finals are special and different for a reason.

Souths did all that too in Cup, last to second and then two finals loses and out.

The time is now, I know we get a second chance but tonight is a statement moment for this team.

A loss will crush our confidence and I'm not sure we recover to do it the hard way.

The boys are fit and rested, in good form and we are at home, there is no better opportunity to get the Storm monkey off our back and go a long way towards a premiership shot.

Everything to play for, let's get it done!

I don't know if the old ticker can handle finals footy these days, nervous already 😅
Don't worry brother!
Download 2

Well I've done my bit to help get the win.

Got my lucky Broncos jersey on, plan to sit on the lucky section if my couch, told the wife she can't be near me suring the game (she's cursed - met her in 07 and we havent won anything since), and will have the TV volume on an even number.

Got my lucky Broncos jersey on, plan to sit on the lucky section if my couch, told the wife she can't be near me suring the game (she's cursed - met her in 07 and we havent won anything since), and will have the TV volume on an even number.

Absolutely key. A lot of people overlook this.

You most certainly have not done your part. You must kill her. Don’t be selfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Nerd
  • Mr Fourex
  • Battler
  • MrRobot
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
  • Brocko
  • bb_gun
  • KateBroncos1812
  • MrMoore
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Galah
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.