Finals Week 1 - Roosters vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Nikorima has now lost his spot to Marshall ... not sure Bennett has faith that he is what we need in the 7 moving forward
I think it may have a little to do with the wind about tonight... Kodi wasn't able to handle a torp bomb last week and Pearce will be putting them up all night.... Wingers really need to condense around the fullback for the bounced bomb

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
We probably shouldn't be too surprised though, Mead was named on the bench afterall.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Hunt can be the man tonight though. A lot of talk around Marshall and niko but hunt can't be underestimated

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
What are we looking at crowd wise ?

C

charbel

NYC Player
Nov 8, 2015
Call me crazy, but with this 17 id rather see mead at fullback than Kahu, if we're putting a line through kodi.

Kahu is too valuable on the wing and I don't know if he has the durability for fb. I fear for an injury or strain going into the finals run.

Not that mead is a fantastic option, but he has played there for the titans and his country

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
If the coach was anyone other then Wayne I'd be spewing! But given his track record you've gotta trust him.

Interesting to see how Wayne uses kodi off the bench. Put him at hooker to replace hunt late in the match or put him at fullback late in the match and let him inject himself anywhere he wants and not have to defend.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Not that mead is a fantastic option, but he has played there for the titans and his country

Kahu has also played fullback for his country (and the Broncos) so far stronger teams than Mead has

C

charbel

NYC Player
Nov 8, 2015
Kahu has also played fullback for his country (and the Broncos) so far stronger teams than Mead has

As mentioned, I also believe he's a better fullback than mead on his own merit.

But I feel he's more valuable on the wing, and I fear he won't come out unscathed and mead will be more than a stop-gap for our finals run

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Call me crazy, but with this 17 id rather see mead at fullback than Kahu, if we're putting a line through kodi.

Kahu is too valuable on the wing and I don't know if he has the durability for fb. I fear for an injury or strain going into the finals run.

Has Roberts ever played fullback?

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Has Roberts ever played fullback?

I was just about to say this. Bring in a centre and let Roberts roam. If anything his presence will have the defence guessing.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I've got a bad feeling about this. Hope I'm wrong.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
In the Fox build up have they talked about the Broncos at all? They did a bit on Gordon (Roosters) and Smith........didn't see anything to do with us.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
I don't like it.

Fear for Kahu's durability, and not confident in Mead at all. Kodi may have some question marks over him at fullback in a game like this, but I feel like the reshuffle is a weaker team overall.

Far less confident than I was a couple of hours ago. Not expecting a win here.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I was just about to say this. Bring in a centre and let Roberts roam. If anything his presence will have the defence guessing.
Far too much disruption to go from ball playing fullbacks to what would be a run first fullback in Roberts.

It is blowing a gale in Sydney kahu is there for security... It could be a reason for benji playing big torp bombs will be causing issues tonight

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Roberts started off as a fullback for South Sydney.

I can remember a Souths/Cowboys game where I believe he scored a try from there? That was one the one where Luke took the biggest dive to set up the win.

This Melbourne Storm 'Feel The Thunder' ad is such a wank. Same with the Cameron Smith & James Maloney ads, why can't Fox Sports have some personality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.