Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Elimination Final #1
North Queensland Cowboys vs Brisbane Broncos
1300SMILES Stadium, Friday 16 September 2016
Kick Off 7:55pm

1420530280.png

1. Lachlan Coote 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Justin O'Neill 4. Javid Bowen 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Michael Morgan 7. Johnathan Thurston 8. Matthew Scott 9. Jake Granville 10. James Tamou 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Ethan Lowe 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Rory Kostjasyn 15. Coen Hess 16. Scott Bolton 17. Ben Hannant
1420536256.png

1. Darius Boyd 2. Corey Oates 3. Tom Opacic 4. James Roberts 5. Jordan Kahu 6. Anthony Milford 7. Ben Hunt 8. Josh McGuire 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Adam Blair 11. Sam Thaiday 12. Matt Gillett 13. Corey Parker
Interchange: 14. Jarrod Wallace 15. Tevita Pangai Junior 16. Jai Arrow 17. Alex Glenn 18. Jonus Pearson

Elimination Final #2
Canberra Raiders vs Penrith Panthers
GIO Stadium, Saturday 17 September 2016
Kick Off 7:55pm

1420535536.png

1. Jack Wighton 2. Edrick Lee 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Blake Austin 7. Aidan Sezer 8. Junior Paulo 9. Josh Hodgson 10. Shannon Boyd 11. Josh Papalii 12. Elliot Whitehead 13. Iosia Soliola
Interchange: 14. Kurt Baptiste 15. Luke Bateman 16. Clay Priest 17. Joseph Tapine
1420530976.png

1. Matt Moylan 2. Josh Mansour 3. Waqa Blake 4. Tyrone Peachey 5. Dallin Watene Zelezniak 6. Bryce Cartwright 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Leilani Latu 9. Peter Wallace 10. Suaia Matagi 11. Isaah Yeo 12. James Fisher-Harris 13. Trent Merrin
Interchange: 14. Sitaleki Akauola 15. Jeremy Latimore 16. Chris Grevsmuhl 17. Zak Hardaker 20. Moses Leota

Canberra are set to take a huge gamble by playing both Blake Austin and Josh Hodgson. While Hodgson is vital to their success, I would have thought the way he went down last week he'd barely be able to run come Saturday. If Hodgson can't run, you've taken away his best asset right then and there. I don't understand why the Raiders panicked in this instance and why they couldn't show some faith in Adam Clydesdale who has helped the Mounties to a minor premiership in the NSW Cup. As important as Hodgson is, the Raiders have several weapons they can rely on and the inclusion of Blake Austin should have been seen as a big positive.

I'm not sure if I buy into Penrith either. They played some scintellating football, but I thought they were flattered somewhat by the Bulldogs. The Dogs were their own worst enemy at times with the Kasiano selection backfiring miserably and a host of injuries rattling them through out the afternoon. In total they had four players go down with injury (Lichaa, B. Morris, Mbye and Reynolds) with three of them having to come off. That really helped the Panthers and they were able to target the Dogs vulnerable right edge that had Jackson/Rona defending it for the majority of the second half.

The big positive for the Panthers is that they played with plenty of patience and composure. Their completions were fantastic and their defence was rock solid which is important at this time of the year. On the flipside, they were rarely troubled by a battered and bruised Bulldogs outfit. The Raiders should be able to create more opportunities than the Bulldogs and it will be interesting to see how the Panthers will go with the pressure turned up.

I'm expecting a close game, toss of the coin and I think the Hodgson selection will cost the Raiders. Panthers by 4.

Funny to think 2 coaches that most think are complete shit are going to take their teams higher than we did this year.

Credit where it's due, they've both had strong seasons.

However, I don't think it's ever been so black and white.

Outside of a few extremists, Hook was perceived as a solid if not boring coach who simply didn't have it in him to lead a team to premiership glory. He's done a fair job at Penrith, but I can't say their form is that surprising. Despite their efforts in 2015, a lot of people were shocked that Cleary was shown the door because they knew Penrith had the talent to be a finals side.

Meanwhile we've seen this all before with Sticky. He made the most of a crappy hand, but one season doesn't make a tenure. Matt Elliott achieved similar success at Penrith, look at how well things turned out for him.

Austin and Hodgson to play. Massive gamble

Can wait to see the Viking clap. My favourite part is watching the unco's who, even with a double-beat lead in, still can't get it right.

I thought it was a 7.55 kick off not 7.40

Hodgson is such a quality player. I also really love how the Raiders Play. Definitely cheering them on this year. Couldn't stomach the cows/Sharks/cheats winning.

For someone playing injured Hodgson is on fire

Jarrod Croker has really grown on me this year. Great goal kicking,coming up with important tries and has also started to come up with some very good plays inside his half and has worked on defense. Wouldn't be out of place in an Origin jersey or even a Kangaroo one.

The Panthers last tackle plays are killing any chance they have of a comeback.

Penrith back in the game. Cleary again providing some magic, this time with the goal kicking.

That's an expensive 5th tackle penalty.

I'd say that's game over now. Penalty in front of the posts.

Fisher-Harris has single-handedly killed the Panthers' hopes.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Jazza
  • azza.79
  • The True King
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • kman
  • Santa
  • heartly87
  • Culhwch
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Skyblues87
  • Brocko
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Big Del
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.