Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

It's time to face facts, boys. Our premiership chances ended when we gave up 2nd place with 2 insipid performances against the Eels. That was when we were fully exposed for the pretenders we were. Terrible attitude, no direction or desire in attack, errors for days and players on top dollar who quite frankly aren't living up to it.

Will be happily rid of Moga and frankly also Hunt next year, but I just can't see what miracles Bennett hopes to weave in the coming off season. This is a team that is wayyyy too comfortable in its own skin. It's getting to almost Warriors level of complacency, and it has to end.

We were shit but we were never allowed to be any better than shit. The refs need to cop it more in our game. How do teams stand in front of them and make tackles without being penalized? How were we the only team who was offside tonight when I can literally screen shot ten times because they were shown on the high camera angle.
I'll never understand why the refereeing is different in finals and state of origin when compared to the other 26 rounds of the year. What an amateur game. NFL is closing the gap on rugby league at the top of my list of favourite sports.

Extremely disappointing. Tbh i don't see how it can get any better next year, considering the players we are losing. Hunt outshone Kodi and Milf. Esse Esse was arguably our best forward. The first half was gutsy but the second half was just the rubbish we played and expected under Griffin.

Last edited:
As I've said before this Broncos side is the most frustrating side I've ever followed in any sport. And for me it comes down to coaching. Does anyone think we are a well coached side? Or that we get the best out of our 17 on a regular basis? Finishing 3rd doesn't mean YES to either..
No and no, but you can't say that about Bennett, can you...?

He was our best player by some margin
i didn't see him at all in the 2nd half.. he has all the tools to be great but we seriously need him to have a personal halves mentor. ffs bennett call walters or at least call locky.

Disappointed in the manner of the loss.

Absolutely rudderless and disgraceful that the acting captain is taking cheap shots

the writing was on the wall when we could have owned 2nd spot but got choked into submission by the eels. it's been a free fall since then and really we were just making up the numbers

Writing on the wall was much earlier then that, people were excited about how we were winning consecutive games with Kodi and Milford together, looking at those games hardly many of them were convincing and some were downright struggles against some pretty average opposition. The Eels games just confirmed it really, mentally just not tough enough once teams apply the pressure.

We need a half who can kick. He doesn’t even have to control the game, he just has to be able to get repeat sets and attack with the boot.

Losing Macca was the nail in our season’s coffin imo. Despite what ppl here say, we just looked so erratic without him.

I’ll be supporting anyone over the storm next week, even the cows (their fans are total bellends online, but whatever).
I hate the Storm but they have been the best this season, most consistent, most disciplined. They deserve to win this season IMO.
Your right re losing Macca but I think the change up actually gave our attack a boost to begin with.

This side is pathetic, it's as simple as that.

Their attitude and mental fortitude is just embarrassing.

The Storm handed us that game, and we were a laughing stock.
They aren't pathetic. They simply lack anyone who can make the right play at the right time consistently. Not 1 player in our 17 can claim that as a strength. The Storm have 7 or 8 of them.

It's dumb decision after dumb decision. Most of the time it doesn't matter, due to the brilliance of Milford, Roberts, Oates, Hunt etc, but against the top teams we're fighting an uphill battle.

Anyone who blames the refs for this game needs a backhand, they were shit, they're always going to be shit. It doesn't change the fact that we should've been up by 15-20 points at about the 50 minute mark, our attack is absolute hot garbage, has been for a long time. And once we come to the realisation mid-game that we have nobody good enough to score points against teams, we just give up defensively, hence the blowouts.

I'd love to go back and have a look at our "big" wins this season, seems like they're all against struggling sides low on confidence, apart from that it's just scrappy, ugly to watch, close, unenjoyable wins. Couldn't care less that we finished in the top 4, we're playing a brand of football with a side of overpaid, over-hyped players that don't get me excited to watch us play. Overhaul needed, possibly starting at the top, might be time to retire old boy.

No and no, but you can't say that about Bennett, can you...?
Remember how we weren't allowed to say "I told you so" when he got us to the GF? Well you shouldn't really be allowed to say anything after he got us one game from the GF.

What do think guy about performance of Boyd as a captain this year?

blair can pack his bags now, what a miserable human being. those late dog shots are garbage.
serious questions need to be asked as to why boyd played!
while ever nikorima plays 7 there will be no premiership.
gillett and moose tried hard as per normal.
for whatever reason jimmy roberts never gets any 2nd phase ball in and around the ruck, ***** me why not - i do not understand it.
ese did the hard yards with offa.

Which late dog shots? I was fine with all of his hits. Even the ones the commentators carried on about. If halves want to prance around then expect to get snapped.

What do think guy about performance of Boyd as a captain this year?

Not happy in the slightest. He sooks it up way too much when things don't go his way, but what else was going to happen with Bennett as coach? I honestly wonder how much of his appointment is down to daddy being coach.

**** you rile me up with this shit.

Don't get me wrong, he's a nuffy at 5/8, but that's not his fault. He's never been a 5/8's arsehole. He's a support player sniffing behind the ruck. But hey, great idea, lets nullify his best strengths and try and turn an Apple into an orange.
The only response I ever get when talking about Milford is that I'm trying to say Hunt is better. Why can't Milford just be shit without people thinking I'm talking about Hunt? I thought we were supposed to attack the post, not the poster. But sure, Milford was great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's be brutally honest, the writing was on the wall when macca got injured and then we were buried with boyds hammy
Those two are just too vital to our structure whether people chose to believe it or not
Sure Hunt did some good things out of dummy half, but the good things he did were just halfback plays to begin with. And Boyd wasn't anywhere near 100% tonight. If he was our backline sweep would have been a lot more better

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Organix
  • Jedhead
  • Spike
  • Rowdy124
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.