Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Melbourne Storm vs. Canberra Raiders
Suncorp Stadium, Friday 16 October 2020
Kick Off 6:50pm (Queensland Time)

MELBOURNE STORM

1. Ryan Papenhuyzen 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. Brenko Lee 4. Justin Olam 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Christian Welch 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Nelson Asofa-Solomona

14. Brandon Smith 15. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui 16. Tom Eisenhuth 17. Nicholas Hynes

18. Dale Finucane 19. Paul Momirovski 20. Ryley Jacks 21. Chris Lewis

CANBERRA RAIDERS

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Semi Valemi 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Jordan Rapana 5. Nick Cotric 6. Jack Wighton 7. George Williams 8. Josh Papali'i 9. Tom Starling 10. Iosia Soliola 11. John Bateman 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Joseph Tapine

14. Siliva Havili 15. Dunamis Lui 16. Hudson Young 17. Corey Harawira-Naera

18. Sam Williams 19. Matthew Timoko 20. Ryan Sutton 21. Michael Oldfield

Penrith Panthers vs. South Sydney Rabbitohs
ANZ Stadium, Saturday 17 October 2020
Kick Off 6:50pm (Queensland Time)

PENRITH PANTHERS

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Josh Mansour 3. Brent Naden 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Brian To'o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Kurt Capewell 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo

14. Tyrone May 15. Spencer Leniu 16. Moses Leota 17. Zane Tetevano

18. Mitch Kenny 19. Dean Whare 20. Matt Burton 21. Jack Hetherington

SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS

1. Corey Allan 2. Alex Johnston 3. Campbell Graham 4. Dane Gagai 5. Jaxson Paulo 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10. Thomas Burgess 11. Jaydn Su'A 12. Bayley Sironen 13. Cameron Murray

14. Mark Nicholls 15. Liam Knight 16. Jed Cartwright 17. Keaon Koloamatangi

18. Steven Marsters 19. Hame Sele 20. Troy Dargan 21. Patrick Mago

tipping a Storm vs Panthers GF
want to see a Raiders vs Panthers GF

I'm really looking forward to tonight's clash between Melbourne and Canberra. On paper, I would give the slight edge to Melbourne but with Munster and Finucane under injury clouds and the Raiders solid record against Melbourne as of late, it wouldn't be an upset if they got over.

Melbourne are a class outfit, but they're not as convincing as they have been in the past. They're missing the strike they once had and with players like Brenko Lee in their defensive line they can be easily exploited. This actually works to the Raiders advantage since Wighton is their go to player, so he can give them that early direction or give George Williams that space he needs which is exactly how the first meeting panned out. Williams as noted in last week's thread is having a strong finals series so his presence can't be discounted. In fact, it's the biggest difference between the two teams with Hughes serving more like a running halfback with a good up and under.

I'm favouring Melbourne because they're the more consistent side but if Canberra brings their A game I don't know if Melbourne will have enough to go with them.

I'm leaning towards the Panthers. Souths have played well, but they've benefitted by coming up against sub-par opposition that failed to put them to the sword. Penrith are a whole other beast and I just can't see them getting outplayed. The only way I see Souths going over is if Penrith manage to fold under the pressure of finals footy and help beat themselves. Otherwise I just see their defence being too strong the Rabbits.

As long as Melbourne don't win I'm happy with any other result but a Souths v Canberra GF would be special. Two old coaches going head to head who play in the spirit of the game instead of grubby rule bending bullshit.

Anything but Melbourne, I had their dreary highly structured style of play, so dull. Souths have definitely been entertaining.

I'm definitely having a crack at Souths at $3.

Penrith have been playing well but they've only played 3 top 8 teams in their last 14 matches - Souths are hitting their straps at the right time, put 60 on the roosters who Penrith only just scraped by.

Plus Kikau is out - cant believe they're $3.

Penrith have been playing well but they've only played 3 top 8 teams in their last 14 matches - Souths are hitting their straps at the right time, put 60 on the roosters who Penrith only just scraped by.

$3 is well overs. I think Penrith are more likelly but Souths at 3 is definitely worth a sneaky punt

Good luck, it would be nice to see the old boy make another GF.

Anything but Melbourne, I had their dreary highly structured style of play, so dull. Souths have definitely been entertaining.
If the broncs were as dull as the storm theyd be vying for a premiership every year instead of mediocrity

I havent had a bet all year.

Providing @Huge doesnt back them I may be a chance
I have Souths at 51 to 1, Canberra at 15s, and have just had 485 on Melbourne at 1.47. No matter what happens I will be winning something.

I have Souths at 51 to 1, Canberra at 15s, and have just had 485 on Melbourne at 1.47. No matter what happens I will be winning something.
Souths 13+ at $7.50 will recoup all this losses mate

I'm gonna be a bastard and say go Storm.

And then go whoever they meet in the GF. Get on it!

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.