Finals Week One - Eels vs Broncos

I dont know what we were expecting with the spine combo currently....Lost *****

It's one of the only few good options we have.

Let's be serious guys, Milford isn't a fullback's arsehole. He's a 1 million dollar player who's barely in shape, it's symbolic of the club that our highest paid players are not elite in any way whatsoever.

Look at the actual other million dollar players in the comp and they are all elite game managers, athletes, or players. Milford is only worth 500-600k as a 5/8 and that's it.

I absolutely don't buy the not fit enough argument, halves run more metres than fullbacks on the GPS stats while making more tackles, he's just straight up lazy and doesn't have that competitive drive to want to run 110% speed, to beat tackles, to back himself. Papa is a few games in and makes Milford look like a 3rd tier reserve grade fullback in comparison.

Need to defend only 10 points and this side will have done so much better than last year.

Hopefully seggy gets this whole half. Boys are struggling to get any momentum at all.

He was red hot last year doing all of those things

I wouldn’t say red hot. Didn’t he go on a dry spell of not getting a tackle bust, try assist or line break? His kicking was good but it’s completely regressed to school boy level this year.

Milford's awareness of what is going on around him is dismal and always has been. No player gets blindsided as often as he does, it's like he forgets players exist if they aren't in his immediate vision. I remember earlier in the year, Robbie Farah shot out of the line and missed Milford, who was doing his twinkle-toes dancing nonsense for so long that Farah had time to turn around and come back and smash him.

He can't lead the team around. He's a ball runner who has developed a good kicking game but can't utilise it properly because he is dumb as dog shit. I can't believe I'm saying this, because he's been horrid this season, but I wish we had given the mil to Hunt instead.
After hunt knocked the ball on against the cowboys he was done.
Saying that after he left we should of signed a halfback. Wayne thinking nico was good enough was a joke.

The truly disappointing thing about this is the real lack of effort. No desire, no hunger, no enthusiasm, no nothing.

I didn't expect a win but i at least expected some fucking effort and pride in the jersey. It's elimination football.

So pathetic.

Milford's awareness of what is going on around him is dismal and always has been. No player gets blindsided as often as he does, it's like he forgets players exist if they aren't in his immediate vision. I remember earlier in the year, Robbie Farah shot out of the line and missed Milford, who was doing his twinkle-toes dancing nonsense for so long that Farah had time to turn around and come back and smash him.
Yep, nothing between the ears... zero discipline to keep himself in shape, doesn’t sound like a million dollar player to me. Hate to say it, but I think we have to let him walk if he doesn’t accept a significant pay cut on his next deal.

Last edited:
We've been the kings of winning when scoring less tries than the opposition due to their poor goal kicking this year so... yeah, no, I don't know where I'm going with this.

well...Wayne Bennett didn't do a whole lot better the other night to be fair..

Our 2 best players 19 years old......I mean...what do you seriously expect them to do..?

Bird to the No 1 is interesting.....are we saying we spent 3.6 mil or so on a guy who will now play his 4th position for us?

Why the **** did we sign this guy..?....what role was he supposed to play..?

Too often he’s having a whinge or disappearing. He doesn’t lead the team around and he doesn’t manage the plays well at all. I don’t think he has the smarts to be in the halves and clearly he’s too slow to be a fullback now. He has to go
Been saying it all year. Hes forgotten how to run.
Our crap offense doesn't help of course and the only reason he got out back there was because the coach wouldn't make the call on Boyd.

It's one of the only few good options we have.

Let's be serious guys, Milford isn't a fullback's arsehole. He's a 1 million dollar player who's barely in shape, it's symbolic of the club that our highest paid players are not elite in any way whatsoever.

Look at the actual other million dollar players in the comp and they are all elite game managers, athletes, or players. Milford is only worth 500-600k as a 5/8 and that's it.

I absolutely don't buy the not fit enough argument, halves run more metres than fullbacks on the GPS stats while making more tackles, he's just straight up lazy and doesn't have that competitive drive to want to run 110% speed, to beat tackles, to back himself. Papa is a few games in and makes Milford look like a 3rd tier reserve grade fullback in comparison.

When Griffin signed him initially he had made his name on the back of his freakish natural ball running ability. He started to lose that as he aged, which Wayne probably spotted when he transitioned him into the halves, but without that running game he's really just bang average. Seriously, when's the last time we've seen him make a line break out of nothing like he used to be able to do?

Would Wayne have even signed him initially?

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Manofoneway
  • Foordy
  • TimWhatley
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Allo
  • Jedhead
  • Lostboy
  • Painin the Haas
  • Locky24
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.