Fittest Player in the Game

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Who do you think is the fittest player running around at the moment ? .

After last night I have no doubt it is J Thurston. The guy is unbelievable with the amount of work he gets through.

Locky was as fit in his prime, Kidley is up there as well.

I have heard numerous times Kurt Gidley holds some crazy records on the beep test and is generally considered by those in the game as the 'fittest' but it is a pretty subjective topic.

I know for a fact that all the Dragons players are jealous of Darius Boyd's fitness.

i thought this was going to be like that other thread about "good looking" players :)

Stagg must be up there.

I would have said Mark Tookey if he was still getting around.

I reckon Farah's pretty fit too, gets 40+ tackles and has to pick up the ball like 3 times a set. Cam Smith would be pretty damn fit too. Actually I reckon the fittest players would be most of the 80 minute hookers.

In terms of workload I'd have to go for someone like Luke Douglas.

Price, Civoniceva and Luke Stuart have to get a mention too given how involved they still are at their age.

Cameron Smith, Dallas Johnson, or Johnathon Thurston.

Agreed with the 80 minute hooker statement. Heard its hell out there in that position. (though in today's game half of them are running around in skirts - honestly, how soft has the game gone in the past 5 years?)

Anyways a lot of the NSW players were saying Kidley is a freak when it comes to fitness.

Forgot to mention Hannantt. He makes like 30+ tackles and 20+ hitups a week as a front rower!

+1 on Brad Thorn back in the day. Webbie was a bit of a fitness freak for a bigger/older fella too.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • john1420
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • Mister Wright
  • Fozz
  • Porthoz
  • RolledOates
  • Santa
  • Tmac
  • ell.d33
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Midean
  • theshed
  • Hurrijo
  • broncsgoat
  • Bish
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.