Five years and a billion dollars later rugby league is broke

A successful businessman who has an understanding of the product he is in charge of. You know, like any successful CEO of any successful organisation?

Greenberg has worked in League for over a decade in various positions. Think he sufficiently understands the product.

2001 - Operations and Event Manager - Bulldogs.

2001-2008 - General Manager - ANZ Stadium.

2008-2013 - CEO - Bulldogs.

2013 - 2015 - Head of Football - NRL

2015- Current - CEO - NRL.

Last edited:
Grant punted smith.

Grant could punt greenburg, when the clubs got tired of grant and tried to punt him he stayed.

This notion that NSW is restricting rugby league is absolutely laughable. The thing that hurts rugby league is too many vested interests, which includes the NRL clubs (NSW, QLD and the two others), NSWRL AND QRL.

Honestly anyone who tries to pretend that every administrator bar the guy at the very top (because he is a QLDer) is to blame for the current state of the NRL, is lacking a fair bit of credibility.

It might sound like a wild idea, but maybe the idea should have been to fill stadiums rather than pockets.
We need to push the "our team" cliche that AFL does so successfully. Clubs change jerseys and sometimes colours on an almost annual basis. They have no obligation to pick "local" players whatsoever. Broncos do better than most but that feeling we had in the early 90's of the broncos "being" Brisbane feels lost. Players come and go and can sometimes play for 2 clubs in the same season.
If I had an input into it I'd do the following:
Find a way for clubs to bring more local juniors through
Keep club veterans for the entirety of their careers.
Demand some kind of "tradional" jersey worn regularly with as little change as can be allowed season to season.
Demand clubs invest back into local clubs that supply them juniors.
Promote community events and clubs participation in them.
Just some thoughts

Grant punted smith.

Grant could punt greenburg, when the clubs got tired of grant and tried to punt him he stayed.

This notion that NSW is restricting rugby league is absolutely laughable. The thing that hurts rugby league is too many vested interests, which includes the NRL clubs (NSW, QLD and the two others), NSWRL AND QRL.

Honestly anyone who tries to pretend that every administrator bar the guy at the very top (because he is a QLDer) is to blame for the current state of the NRL, is lacking a fair bit of credibility.

What a load of rubbish. The amount of NSW old boys meddling in this game is worse now than it has ever been. They know they have to do something to protect the NSWRL. The very fact there are so many teams in Sydney, just shows how useless they all are.

Isn't that what Grant is?

Found and managed Data3 and played for Australia and Queensland.

Oh when did he become CEO? Is Todd aware of this?

I'm also going to throw it out there. Just a copy paste.

Data#3’s history links back to 1977 when Powell, Clark and Associates (PCA), a prominent IBM support organisation, was established to offer professional consulting and data processing services to individuals and companies installing computer- based information systems. The company was named after the two original founders, Terry Powell and Graham Clark.

Of course, maybe 1910 is talking about the other Data3 in Australia. Which of course there isn't.

My point was you have that in a position of power already and they whinge about that too and don't want him. They try yearly to sack him.

My point was you have that in a position of power already and they whinge about that too and don't want him. They try yearly to sack him.

Well I mean, they've squandered how much money on nothing, we are less than a month till out contract dates, and we still don't have a cap? He doesn't deserve his job. It's that simple.

I'm also going to throw it out there. Just a copy paste.

Of course, maybe 1910 is talking about the other Data3 in Australia. Which of course there isn't.

Sorry Managing Director for 18 years- changes my point dramatically.

This article honestly has me stuck between a rock and a hard place. Believe Paul Kunt and his axe grinding bullshit, or believe the NRL who you wouldn't trust to manage an Anzett firesale.

What a load of rubbish. The amount of NSW old boys meddling in this game is worse now than it has ever been. They know they have to do something to protect the NSWRL. The very fact there are so many teams in Sydney, just shows how useless they all are.
There is NSW old boys and QLD old boys medding in this game.

The reason there are so many Sydney teams in the NRL is because the NRL comes from the NSWRL competition back in the day.

If your issue is that NSWRL / NRL has not expanded enough then look at the QRL and the NSWL and who expanded with more gusto.

Most Sydney rugby league fans want more teams in the NRL from outside Sydney, they just dont want their own team booted. Do broncos fans want more teams in the NRL from outside sydney (i.e. another from brisbane). I dare say the old boys opinions besides protecting their jobs probably mirror the opinions of their communities more or less.

Also in terms of protecting sydney sides, from memory the NRL has provided financial assistance above and beyond to the following clubs.
GC titans
Newcastle Knights
Stgeorge
Wests

That is 1 QLD team 1.5 regional NSW teams and 1.5 Sydney sides. It doesnt really reflect this grand conspiracy to defend sydney teams at the expense of all others.

From a canberra raiders fans perspective the following sides get an easy run from the NRL.

- Brisbane Broncos
- Sydney Roosters
- Canterbury Bulldogs
- Souths (post being kicked out of the comp by the NRL)

Everyone else rates a long way behind them some more then others.

But yes, keep blaming NSWRL for all of rugby leagues issues and while your at it keep championing the great job done by QRL and John Grant.

Most Sydney rugby league fans want more teams in the NRL from outside Sydney, they just dont want their own team booted. Do broncos fans want more teams in the NRL from outside sydney (i.e. another from brisbane). I dare say the old boys opinions besides protecting their jobs probably mirror the opinions of their communities more or less.

If you're implying what I think you are, I'm not sure why people keep insinuating that Broncos fans don't want another team setting up shop here. We think it's as important to do so as everyone else. What is supposed to be our excuse for not wanting it? That our players will get poached to hell and back? As if that doesn't happen already, so what difference does it make? 3/4's of Melbourne's best players have come from our back yard. The Cowboys poached Granville and Hannant to win a premiership, the Titans poached Taylor and Wallace to give their franchise a chance in hell at survival. This stuff is not new to us.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Strop
  • eggstar10
  • Organix
  • Bish
  • Xzei
  • KeithustEndaf
  • GCBRONCO
  • Cavalo
  • theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • kman
  • Santa
  • Old Mate
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • Brocko
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.