For those that played the game at any point in their life, what position did you play?

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
Always played second row or centre.
Back row, because I was one of the biggest kids growing up, centre coz I ran the 100 in the low 12s. Trouble is, early 20s I was no longer one of the biggest and too slow for the three quarter line…😂
A-grade was fun, but when you’re no longer making rep teams, it’s time to know when beat.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Played from 6 until I was about 24 I think. A little break when I was 15-17. No team where I lived. Won a U14s premiership when I kicked a goal to win a game. Only one the club has ever won till this day.

Played halfback my entire juniors and in rep teams. Once I got to A grade at 18 I mixed my time between the halves and hooker. Always could pass a ball and being a left footer helped with the kicking game. Was quite quick too. Had regional school records in sprinting. Gave it up after I had a few hamstring problems and life got in the way. I regret not keeping it up for a little while longer. Probably too old now to get back into a contact sport like that. Country footy is really struggling atm. People too afraid to get hurt for work or hard to make such a commitment. That and the stronger clubs taking all the good players with "incentives". It's hard to rock up for a country club and know you are never going to win a game. Takes a strong club and people to get out of situations like that.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I was a mix of Fullback, Centre and Wing. Very much in the Inglis/Cobbo/Tommy Turbo sort of mold but obviously nowhere near as good. Tall, lanky, great arms for fending, and abnormally fast for my size.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Fullback and wing in league.
Outside center and wing in Union.

Only played from 13 - 17 though and played alongside Dean Widders for 1 year.

Would have liked to have played more but discovered girls and drugs around that age and they took priority over everything else for the next 5 - 10 years.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Prop/Second row for me. Stopped playing after U17's. Got my coaching certificate when I was in Grade 12, but only coached for a couple of years.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Played a bit of hooker, found it very easy tbh in terms of the cardio after playing football so much ( as the majority of English kids did ) but there wasnt really much in the way of league teams around where i'm from so dont really know how many levels below Cam Smith i was ( probably not many ).

Even up North, you probably have at minimum 1000 kids playing football for every kid that wants to play league, if not more. Pretty much the same with every sport in the UK.
Today years old learning that Wolfie is a pom 🫨 I have to unlearn every thing I thought

Unread

Active Now

• JamesC
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.