NEWS Former Broncos coach Anthony Griffin says club has ‘lost its soul’ and identity

In other news, water is wet.
I dont think we have had "soul" all year.

Last edited:
Isn't our head man Morris, also head of the Catholic church up here?

How did we manage to lose our soul?

Did we lose our soul when dragons put 48 on us last year... or when warriors put 56 on your Broncos in 2013 at Suncorp??

Nah must only be this year we lost our soul after conceding a scoreline

Did we lose our soul when dragons put 48 on us last year... or when warriors put 56 on your Broncos in 2013 at Suncorp??

Nah must only be this year we lost our soul after conceding a scoreline
Surely you don’t think Sunday is the only reason Hook’s saying this?

Surely you don’t think Sunday is the only reason Hook’s saying this?
I've stated previously that I think the definitive Broncos culture was lost back around 08 when Petero was let go.

Around that time we lost Petero, Webke, Carrol, Thorn, Tate, Berro, etc. Basically the only remnants were Lockyer, Parker and Hodgo. Khunt also moved on and I'd say if he stayed he would be our current captain and 5/8.

It was basically the first iteration of adopting a youth first policy as McGuire, Macca, Norman, Beale, etc. came in to fill the voids. The major issue being that all the old heads had moved on before imparting the Broncos culture onto the youngins, which would create an ongoing cycle of the old culture for striving to succeed rather than making up the numbers.

Soon enough Griffin moved into the head coaching role and you could say at that point it was basically up to the 08 generation to create their own culture, which is where I believe we are now.

Basically I'm blaming the current culture of the club on Bruno Cullen who appeared to be the architect of the youth first policy version 1 and Anthony Griffin who allowed and nurtured the 08 generation to create the current culture we see today

I've stated previously that I think the definitive Broncos culture was lost back around 08 when Petero was let go.

Around that time we lost Petero, Webke, Carrol, Thorn, Tate, Berro, etc. Basically the only remnants were Lockyer, Parker and Hodgo. Khunt also moved on and I'd say if he stayed he would be our current captain and 5/8.

It was basically the first iteration of adopting a youth first policy as McGuire, Macca, Norman, Beale, etc. came in to fill the voids. The major issue being that all the old heads had moved on before imparting the Broncos culture onto the youngins, which would create an ongoing cycle of the old culture for striving to succeed rather than making up the numbers.

Soon enough Griffin moved into the head coaching role and you could say at that point it was basically up to the 08 generation to create their own culture, which is where I believe we are now.

Basically I'm blaming the current culture of the club on Bruno Cullen who appeared to be the architect of the youth first policy version 1 and Anthony Griffin who allowed and nurtured the 08 generation to create the current culture we see today
This.
I wrote about the fact that we can't all agree on a suitable replacement captain at this point.
The loss of true leaders in this club has hurt us immensely.

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me at all to hear that Griffin was a soft touch. The **** can barely move his hand to scratch his ass without wondering what it's worth.

On Khunt, hasn’t he wasted his career. Could have been one of the all time greats in League, instead he fucked around in afl and is now a shadow of the player he was in Union. Shame.

On Khunt, hasn’t he wasted his career. Could have been one of the all time greats in League, instead he fucked around in afl and is now a shadow of the player he was in Union. Shame.

As great a player as Khunt is, we can't exactly say he hasn't exposed a very ugly character underneath since then. I fear what he would have done to himself if he became one of the best in the code.

Griffin wouldn't have done any better. He was shithouse back then and shithouse with the Panthers. Don't know what Phil Gould was thinking recruiting Griffin to the Panthers.

Active Now

• tajhay
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Culhwch
  • Galah
  • MrRobot
  • Big Del
  • Stix
  • Justwin
  • NSW stables
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncos Maestro
  • HarryAllan7
  • Harry Sack
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.