VOTE Former forward to bring back

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
If you could bring back a former bronco forward from the broncos' history (i.e. tallis, webcke, civo etc.), to join our current team, who would it be, and why?

I think we're pretty set for middle forwards, we're good on the right edge as well with Gillett and then eventually Fifita. So with that in mind, I'd say Tallis. Him on that left edge with Milf would be unstoppable.

Tallis for sure,bit of a merkin these days but when he was playing was a mad man.

I would go with Carrol.

Tallis in today's game would be a fucking nightmare. Carrol provides a more cool head and would still provide plenty of impact in attack. But his main job would be simple. Cut in half anyone that runs at Milford.

One of the most memorable moments ever was watching carrol run over that ref and knock him senseless

No love for webcke?! Tallis was amazing on his day but webcke is the most consistent forward I have ever seen. I can't remember him ever having a bad game. Imagine what he could teach the young forwards we have with on field efforts.
I'd also consider lazarus for the same reasons but I doubt his play the balls would escape scrutiny these days, watching highlights of him I forgot how much tunnel ball he did.
Also, not saying he is my choice but I remember talking to an ex squad member (he never played first grade) and he was adamant that John plath was the most talented player he'd ever seen. Just thought that was interesting

2015-16 Corey Parker so the Broncos could get summa dat Respect.

Gaven Allen. Toughest guy ever to pull on a Broncos jersey. WasAlf's minder but also a no nonesense enforcer without equal. He'd teach the young uns the meaning of defensive attitude.

No love for webcke?!

I thought about Webcke.

He was at the top of the list. Then I thought, this side would really need an enforcer, someone the opposition would be too afraid to run at, but one that also wouldn't be suspended every second week hence the reason I went for Carrol over Tallis.

Webcke for me too. Feels like struggled for red zone metres ever since he retired.

For meterage - Webcke & Petero
To hurt the opposition - Peter Ryan & Trevor Gillmeister

Active Now

• bazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.