VOTE Former forward to bring back

Tonie Carroll by a bees dick over Webcke. He was my favourite Bronco for a very long time for a reason.

For meterage - Webcke & Petero
To hurt the opposition - Peter Ryan & Trevor Gillmeister

Our young guys played with some venom in defence against Manly, was this because of Turpin?

We need a couple of them to step up as enforcers, I wish Flegler and Fifita hit as hard as they run.

Last edited:
Webcke, Thorn or Carrol.

All absolute tough nuts. Resilient and competitors to the very end. Their hunger at different points in their careers was pretty astonishing when you look back and watch highlight reels.

I am glad gavin allan and pete ryan got a mention in people's post. Both were very underrated.

I considered 3:
Tallis- because his intensity, aggression and competitiveness was infectious and could swing games (i.e THAT TACKLE on hodgson in origin) and i think our team needs an enforcer. However, he would be a penalty magnet and be suspended a lot these days, so i couldnt say tallis.

Carroll- loved the way he played. Legitimate bone rattler that ball runners feared and ran great lines particularly off locky. But my choice would be

Webcke- i think he would have greatest influence on our team as a collective. We have talented youngsters but they need a leader. Ultra consistent, hard trainer that held others accountable and led the team via his actions. His run in the 2006 GF to put locky in field goal range is a perfect example.

So it is webcke for me (or civo who has many the same characteristics)

Request - Does anyone know where to find old player stats? I'd love to know how many metres per game players like Webcke, Civo & Tallis made in their prime years.

Request - Does anyone know where to find old player stats? I'd love to know how many metres per game players like Webcke, Civo & Tallis made in their prime years.
I don't think those sort of stats exist considering the influx of numbers nowadays only came in vogue the past decade or so. I think they only started individual tackle counts in the 90's. RL has lagged behind statistical wise until just recently.

For me it's Webcke any day of the week, with Civoniceva a close second. I feel like this pack is screaming out for an experienced warhorse to guide them, someone who can settled them down when they get over excited, and inspire them with a big run or hit when needed. Both of these guys just epitomised that for so much of their careers.

How about this side running around:

8. Webcke
9. Berrigan
10. Civoniceva
11. Tallis
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Carroll
15. Lodge
16. Haas
17. Thorn

Gene Miles.

Great captain and leader, fast, great step, fend and offload and can also kill it at centre - the perfect back row forward. Aside from which, I reckon our props are good enough now and will only get better.

Having said that, my pack of the century:

8. Webcke
9. Berrigan
10. Civoniceva
11. Miles
12. Thorn
13. Carroll

14. Tallis
15. Lodge
16. Haas
17. Gillmeister

Last edited:
Gene Miles.

Great captain and leader, fast, great step, fend and offload and can also kill it at centre - the perfect back row forward. Aside from which, I reckon our props are good enough now and will only get better.

Having said that, my pack of the century:

8. Webcke
9. Berrigan
10. Civoniceva
11. Miles
12. Thorn
13. Carroll

14. Tallis
15. Lodge
16. Haas
17. Gillmeister

Haas in the pack of the century after 7 or 8 games? And Lodge too?

Surely Parker gets in ahead of them, he was our best forward for how many years? Haas might beat him in the long run, but I doubt Lodge ever will.

Haas in the pack of the century after 7 or 8 games? And Lodge too?

Surely Parker gets in ahead of them, he was our best forward for how many years? Haas might beat him in the long run, but I doubt Lodge ever will.

Well, I did think about Parker for a while however I decided against him in this pack as he was a back rower more than a prop and I really do think Lodge and Haas are that good now and will only get better. I have a lot of time for Lodge and feel he will really come into his own real soon. ANyway, a mix of young and not so young lol

Well, I did think about Parker for a while however I decided against him in this pack as he was a back rower more than a prop and I really do think Lodge and Haas are that good now and will only get better. I have a lot of time for Lodge and feel he will really come into his own real soon. ANyway, a mix of young and not so young lol
But above lazo? I know its hard to compare players of different eras but you would have to say he was one of the premier props in his time

But above lazo? I know its hard to compare players of different eras but you would have to say he was one of the premier props in his time

Glad I am inspiring debate.

Wasn't Lazo from NSW tho? But then Lodge is too I guess. Ok.

8. Webcke
9. Berrigan
10. Civoniceva
11. Miles
12. Thorn
13. Carroll

14. Tallis
15. Beetson (best of the best)
16. Haas
17. Gillmeister

Last edited:

Active Now

• bazza
  • Broncorob
  • Cavalo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.