VOTE Former spine player to bring back

With all the talk and form surrounding our fullback, let's deep dive to the dark side and bring Izzy Folau back....
Obviously we will ban him from Instagram and restrict his social interaction to BHQ only!

Let's bring back Sam Thaiday to play hooker.

But seriously, I would bring back either Kevvie or Locky. Leaning more towards Locky.

Kevvie would probably suit this side more, though.

A young D. Lockyer (aka the REAL God of Rugby League) as fullback, followed by Khunt.
Alternatively I'd have Priddis or Berrigan for the dummy half position.

With Milf and a very promising Dearden in the team, halves are not the biggest problem in our spine, otherwise Allan Langer would come close to the top of the list.

For me it would have to be Jharal Yow Yeh...I would love to see him play again

It honestly has to be Darren Lockyer for mine 1 or 6, he was awesome as both. I did love what Hodgo did at 1 too though.
[automerge]1557957171[/automerge]
For me it would have to be Jharal Yow Yeh...I would love to see him play again
I too wish JYY hadn’t had his career cut short. It hurts to image what he’d have offered us in the years since he was forced to retire. But he wasn’t a spine player.

Last edited:
It honestly has to be Darren Lockyer for mine 1 or 6, he was awesome as both. I did love what Hodgo did at 1 too though.
[automerge]1557957171[/automerge]

I too wish JYY hadn’t had his career cut short. It hurts to image what he’d have offered us in the years since he was forced to retire. But he wasn’t a spine player.
Lol my bad l read backs, need more coffee... spine it has to be Darryl.

JYY could have been anything, he had it all.

Allan Jeffrey "Alfie" Langer

Last edited:
Lol my bad l read backs, need more coffee... spine it has to be Darryl.

JYY could have been anything, he had it all.

I agree about JYY. I think he had the makings of a great fullback or centre as well too bad we never got to see it.

"For me, although i love alf, i think our team needs locky and the leadership and direction he was able to provide on a consistent basis and in those high pressure, clutch moments is sorely needed in the current team."

I swear.

its almost like half this forum never witnessed Alf play.up close.

Leadership , direction, high pressure, clutch...?

I mean locky was great, but if those words are to be synomous with one bronco's player, then it is Langer.

Let's bring back Sam Thaiday to play hooker.

But seriously, I would bring back either Kevvie or Locky. Leaning more towards Locky.

Kevvie would probably suit this side more, though.
Why did u go kevie over lo
"For me, although i love alf, i think our team needs locky and the leadership and direction he was able to provide on a consistent basis and in those high pressure, clutch moments is sorely needed in the current team."

I swear.

its almost like half this forum never witnessed Alf play.up close.

Leadership , direction, high pressure, clutch...?

I mean locky was great, but if those words are to be synomous with one bronco's player, then it is Langer.
I get your point, alf was and is my favourite of all time and he did hold those qualities. What i meant was, in the current team, i think locky would provide a calm and measured approach our current players need.

Why did u go kevie over lo

Because I think the style of attack we're trying to adopt would suit Kevvie better than what it would Locky. I think in terms of playing off the top of your head, Kevvie was better in that department whereas Locky was more structured in his 5/8 days.

However, Locky at fullback, I would definitely take because Locky at fullback would trump Kevvie.

Gillett’s finals experiment at #6?

Nah, Locky any day of the week for today’s game. Alfie if it was the pre 2002 era gameplay

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.