Four Nations 2016 Week 3

After the effort the Scots put in he deserves to be.

How terrible have NZ been this tournament? Shaun Johnson is incapable of running a team by himself.
For sure, on all points.

Shaun Johnson MOM? Yeah, right...

At least we weren't treated to him jagging a try at the death and celebrating like he's the second coming after 80 minutes of derp.

What did he do?
When he was getting tackled he through a slap/punch at one of the Scottish players faces and caused some push and shove. Should have been sin binned though as it was like the 37th penalty of the game.

****! I missed the whole thing.

Also, geez I love Bennett. I love that he gives zero shits. If the media asked solid questions he might give them solid answers. Also, if he gave all his thoughts away you would have one of two things: a) he'd lose any edge over his competitors (even if he follows the same formula and has basically laid down his methods in the past ~30 yrs) or b) you'd have your standard everyman couch coach acting like Mr. Know-it-all because he heard WB at the presser before the game.

If you want to be a coach then go out and coach a little league team then work your way up to study under one of the premiere coaches. If you want to ask him pertinent questions join the media and ask clear pointed questions. Not some closed-ended about the mental state of players after a loss. Or a loaded question that puts him at risk of a fine. It's stupid and unhelpful. Look how many rabbit holes the posters at BHQ run down on a rumour. Wayne has a primary job to do and he does it very well, that being said he expects others to do their job well too.

When he was getting tackled he through a slap/punch at one of the Scottish players faces and caused some push and shove. Should have been sin binned though as it was like the 37th penalty of the game.
Tapine is well overrated. Tickles me pink that the Raiders paid big money for such a powder puff prissy boy prat, no matter his size.

Like any young player, Tapine may have to address his attitude problems, but I don't see where the 'overrated' calls are coming from. His progress through out 2016 was vital in the Raiders transformation from a middle-of-the-road side into a genuine premiership contender.

I'd certainly have him in consideration for my Top 50 NRL players.

Don't know if it's previously been covered but Channel 9 are commentating the match from Australia rather than at the game... that's pretty poor.

4-1 England in the penalty count so far.

The ill-discipline from Australia hurting thus far.

Poor penalty by Watkins.

The timing was fine, but the technique was always going to draw the penalty.

2 all.

17 gone.

What a kick from Cronk.

The timing was all wrong from Smith, but Cooper was able to adjust, beat the defence with a step and find the in-goal.

Quality play.

Dugan drops it with the tryline begging. Why was he picked?

Last edited:
Poor play from Australia.

Tried to bash and barge their way over which made it easy for the English defence. Smith with a flat pass for Dugan goes astray and now England find themselves in attacking position.

Whoops, massive forward pass missed! Good backline movement though.

Dugan drops it with the tryline begging. Why was he picked?

England go the classic Bennett second-man play and McGilvray scores in the corner.

Dugan's inability to intercept the ball hurt Australia there.

Widdop's shot at goal is no-good.

6-2 England.

26 gone.

Great cover tackle from Cronk.

Saved a certain try as England looked to score between Dugan & Ferguson.

Good kick pressure from Ferguson gives Australia another shot at the English line. Boyd with the cut-out pass to Ferguson is successful and Australia have their first try of the afternoon.

JT makes no mistakes.

Australia 8-6.

36 gone.

Active Now

• Strop
  • eggstar10
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncorob
  • ell.d33
  • Xzei
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.