Fox sports 2 9pm tonight

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Just for those not aware, the 06 Grand Final is on tonight. Bit of offseason relief.

The 97 ARL Grand Final is on as we speak. No Broncos but a great game of footy.

Its on Fox Sports 3 in Brisbane icon_thumbs_u

3. Shaun Berrigan
2. David Stagg
1. Shane Perry

Jeba said:
Just for those not aware, the 06 Grand Final is on tonight. Bit of offseason relief.

The 97 ARL Grand Final is on as we speak. No Broncos but a great game of footy.

correction: last 15 minutes of the 97 Grand Final was good. Most of it was crap and boring.

I watched the '06 GF at the Broncos leagues Club last night.

man Hodges had a great game, and surprisingly, Perry had a great defensive game !!! He was chopping them down late in that second half.... great to see :)

shane perry was great in that 2nd half; we simply wouldn't have won it without him there.

It's on again at 5pm (Brisbane time at least) today for those that missed it. FS3.

God, I forgot how much of a knob Matt King is.

And his stupid hair is stupid.

Fozz said:
God, I forgot how much of a knob Matt King is.

And his stupid hair is stupid.

He's a tool. He was a big reason to hate the storm.

Berro was obviously the GI hunter that night. TBH it was a piece of WB classic. He really pulled that off WB - the timing was perfect, it was when GI was still a bit of a kid.. media was hyping him up.. .the Storm were going to win bla bla bla aka Eels 2001. Perfect night to put GI off his game IMO. Awesome stuff. Perhaps it would not have worked a couple of years later but 06 was PRIMETIME to pull off something like that in the GF. 06 was something special.

To all the people that were involved in that - well done! [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

nothing to do with WB. he just picked the team :P

Nah 2006 was one of the great coaching masterstrokes of all time.

I think its his best coaching premiership, because that was the only time both on form or paper we have had the worse side than our opponent (although in 1993 we probably had less form than St George).

Yeh I'd rate 93 and 06 as equally his finest hours. Winning the comp from 5th may not seem to fantastic these days but back in the early 90's it was very hard to do.

06 just speaks for itself, and not just in the Grand Final, but the weeks leading up to it as well (apart from the little hiccup in week 1 of the finals).

Jeba said:
Yeh I'd rate 93 and 06 as equally his finest hours. Winning the comp from 5th may not seem to fantastic these days but back in the early 90's it was very hard to do.

06 just speaks for itself, and not just in the Grand Final, but the weeks leading up to it as well (apart from the little hiccup in week 1 of the finals).

Even then Jeba - we didn't really play that bad in week 1. It was just one of those games. We needed to adjust a few little things... and we did the following week against a weaker side and really thumped them.

On a side note - one thing the current team hasn't figured out yet is how to beat melbourne in melbourne though...

Yeah well only 1 team has comfortably beaten Melbourne in Melbourne before. 2002, when the Storm were at their weakest.

In 2003, Bellamy's first year, we could only scrape a golden shower win.

Not sure what our mental block is, but hopefully the new stadium will be regulation size and it'll help. Olympic Park is a joke of a field.

Coxy said:
Yeah well only 1 team has comfortably beaten Melbourne in Melbourne before. 2002, when the Storm were at their weakest.

In 2003, Bellamy's first year, we could only scrape a golden shower win.

Not sure what our mental block is, but hopefully the new stadium will be regulation size and it'll help. Olympic Park is a joke of a field.

Indeed indeed.

Though mentally Melbourne are really not starting to fear us in final games and the Broncs are starting to second guess themselves. Clearly evident in the last game...

If we are to meet again in such circumstances - its defs something IH should be addressing IMHO.

Agreed lockyer47, it seems these days when we head to Melbourne, you can pretty much guarantee we'll lose by more than 20. I really don't want that to be an annual event!!

Active Now

• Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • dasherhalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.