PRE-GAME Game I 2019

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

He created an opportunity down the shortside but Chambers derped it up. He was also very strong defensively - he made five 1 on 1 tackles in the first half.
great - but he's picked in the side to make things happen, not just make tackles. he's a half. he didn't impress. bench utility at best for milf in origin.

great - but he's picked in the side to make things happen, not just make tackles. he's a half. he didn't impress. bench utility at best for milf in origin.

He did create an opportunity, but Chambers fucked it up. It's origin, he played 50 minutes in a team going backwards where the 9 wouldn't utilise him.

Mbye, **** me.

Also **** this 19th man shit, if you aren't going to pick him on the bench over fucking Mbye then leave him out altogether. I don't want Milf away from our training or from rest because Kevvie is a fucking idiot.

Mbye, **** me.

Also **** this 19th man shit, if you aren't going to pick him on the bench over fucking Mbye then leave him out altogether. I don't want Milf away from our training or from rest because Kevvie is a fucking idiot.

DCE & Mbye have both been injured. There's a fair chance its more than just a token selection.

He did create an opportunity, but Chambers fucked it up. It's origin, he played 50 minutes in a team going backwards where the 9 wouldn't utilise him.
and when he was given the ball, he did very little, save for this one opportunity you keep mentioning.

as you said, it's origin. you don't get multiple auditions. you make the most of what you are given or someone else is picked.

and when he was given the ball, he did very little, save for this one opportunity you keep mentioning.

as you said, it's origin. you don't get multiple auditions. you make the most of what you are given or someone else is picked.
Unless you're Kaufusi apparently. Plenty of players haven't stepped up but have been given plenty of shots over the years. There's no way you can say Milford was given a chance to shine for Queensland with a straight face. With that said, I want none of our players involved with QLD or NSW anymore. Origin has ruined our season for years on end.

He did well in the limited opportunities afforded to him.

Unless you're Kaufusi apparently. Plenty of players haven't stepped up but have been given plenty of shots over the years. There's no way you can say Milford was given a chance to shine for Queensland with a straight face. With that said, I want none of our players involved with QLD or NSW anymore. Origin has ruined our season for years on end.

I don't think Milf is an origin player, at least a starting half. He thrives on broken defensive lines and so forth - you rarely see it in origin because it's the best of the best. You need to be a superior ball player to make an impact in the halves. Look at our previous halves who've made a difference, all excellent ballplayers. Munster is probably the only one in recent times that is more of a runner than Milf, but he's got the bigger body to make an impact. Like you though, I don't really care if our players get picked. Would rather we stay fresh and injury free for the back half of the season.

He did well in the limited opportunities afforded to him.
I disagree, but we're not going anywhere so happy to leave it at that.

Last edited:

Well explain Kaufusi then (amongst others)? Are you only afforded multiple auditions if you have a sweet 'fro?

Well explain Kaufusi then (amongst others)? Are you only afforded multiple auditions if you have a sweet 'fro?
It is a pretty sweet fro.

I agree Kafusi should be dropped, if he had another poor performance I'd expect that he would be dropped. It goes without saying though that playmakers are always judged more harshly than forwards, even though they are somewhat dependent on them to make an impact.

I think Mbye gets the nod because he's currently playing fullback (and is a decent returner of the footy), has played 6 & 7 and I think his body type and strong running game could lend him to filling in at centre if need be. A few years back when he was at the dogs he may have even been pushed to left center at some point.

His defence in the middle would be a concern but so would Milf's to be honest... and Mbye is a bigger body so that should help with defending in the middle and potentially being a roving middle like we've done with DCE, etc. in the past

It would be interesting to see what happens if we lose a winger though??

Potentially Mbye could do a job on the wing as well... given his fullback background.

Yeah, Mbye covers more positions, but he's just not very good in any of them. I wish we had a good back up hooker, because that's what I think we need to relieve Hunt. Then if there's an injury in backs, Fifita can go there.

Milf was a passenger in the first game. Only had one move, jink and run and was easily contained. Deer in headlights.

Mate, he was fine in that game, was given barely any opportunities and then got knocked out.

He wouldn't let anyone down if he was selected again.

So there is QLD dinner tonight, where apparently the captain will be named.
Call me mad, but I wouldn't be surprised if C.Smith is announced as 21st man/captain.
I find it very odd they have named a 20 man squad with 21st TBA and captain TBA.

Call me mad, but I wouldn't be surprised if C.Smith is announced as 21st man/captain.
I find it very odd they have named a 20 man squad with 21st TBA and captain TBA.

* Allan Langer jumps through the wall, one hand holding a beer, the other swinging his shirt through the air.

I doubt it, but it would explain Milford's snub.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Astro
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Dony Eliakim
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • barker
  • Dash
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • Xzei
  • davidp
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • lynx000
  • Allo
  • mitch222
  • Aldo
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.