gameday at the broncos

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Has anyone noticed that before kickoff, nothing happens anymore? remember when tommy emmanuel played in the rain before a game at ANZ? hell remember when Dennis Knight asked all the "teenagers" to clap along to twist and shout. what happened to this? im not the biggest fan of all this music and all, but its better then literally watching grass grow. every week its

*under 20s game
*players come out to warm up
*cheergirls do same dance, stupid pig does shit break dancing moves
*bald guy asks the crowd to cheer loudly for no reason other than we are in the western stand
*1st half of main game
*kids rugby league game (its not too bad i guess)
*2nd half

im just gonna miss the u20s game next time coz i cant stand that hour of doing nothing, im very impatient and im sure im not the only one. there needs to be something happening at least, as entertaining as souths wierd warm up was and all, how about bringing BTV back?

I agree with you penny, it's pretty boring before kickoff. Apart from the pig dancing, he's actually got a name...HOGSTER! His little ad was awesome...the cheergirls were actually dancing on time. [icon_ee

But yeah, there should be better entertainment before the footy.

BTW you missed the part where Foggy says "Who's here going for the Broncos?" then the crowd yells..."Who's here going for *insert opposing team*?"...crowd yells and boos at the same time.

When i was there last year some old guy came on the field before kick off and asked us to do a huge thats gold. It was really lame but the guy was really excited when getting us to do it.

oh yeah haha how could i forget.

haha i'd rather the Broncos not much compared to all the shit before the Titans... lets find someone in the crowd for about 10 promotions, wow that was exciting to sit through...

I love that big he's a little champion!

When I do go to Broncos games I generally get there just before the game kicks off, about 10-20 minutes before. If get on the piss before hand I usually get tanked at the caxton so I don't need alot at the ground to keep me going. Over $20 for 4 cups of midstrength is nothing short of robbery.

I think the set-up we have now is absolutely fine, aside from the fact that there's still an hour of pretty much nothing between games.

I used to HATE all of the crap pre-game entertainment that they had on (the bands/musos were always really out of place) so I'd prefer them to either open the gates 45 mins later, or 45 mins earlier and feature an extra match (Qld Cup, preferably).

Yeah, my only gripe is that the Under 20s game finishes so long before first grade. It really should be:

- Under 20s finish
- First graders come out to warm up, cheerleaders can do their thing at the same time
- rip into it

The 45 minutes to an hour in between is too long. Shouldn't be more than 30 minutes.

We usually get there 15-20 mins before kick-off so it doesn't bother us. But they need to replace that bald guy - he's just annoying and doesn't know how to get the crowd excited. Mind you it's hard to get Broncos fans excited period [icon_evillaugh

Steve said:
We usually get there 15-20 mins before kick-off so it doesn't bother us. But they need to replace that bald guy - he's just annoying and doesn't know how to get the crowd excited. Mind you it's hard to get Broncos fans excited period [icon_evillaugh

Well yes, getting Broncos fans excited is a tough challenge. But Foggy just puts people off even more.

Dunno what the answer is, but having someone without a whiny voice would help.

pennywisealfie said:
*bald guy asks the crowd to cheer loudly for no reason other than we are in the western stand

Haha! Yeh I never got that either. Like its a competition every week.

Bald guy: Come on eastern stand, I can't hear you!
Eastern Stand: Yeeeeeeaaaaahhhh
Bald Guy: Ok western stand lets see if you can do better
Western Stand Guy: Come on everyone we can't be out done! This is the whole reason we came! They out cheered us last week as well!

Midgey said:
pennywisealfie said:

Western Stand Guy: Come on everyone we can't be out done! This is the whole reason we came! They out cheered us last week as well!

Good to see someone stopped going to games in 2005!! [icon_lol1.

mick! said:
Midgey said:
pennywisealfie said:

Good to see someone stopped going to games in 2005!! [icon_lol1.

Umm i'm pretty sure he still does it...
Unless we are talking about different bald guys. [icon_shady
Thanks for the input tho. icon_thumbs_u

He hasn't done the Western vs Eastern competition for a while, that I recall. Though I admit I zone out whenver he starts whining.

Coxy said:
He hasn't done the Western vs Eastern competition for a while, that I recall. Though I admit I zone out whenver he starts whining.

Yeh I just meant that he still does the announcing. I just picked two random stands for my example. Haha but Mick is spot on with his observation that I haven't been to a game in 2 years. I suppose once I get a few more posts on here, that will "prove" my attendence record. icon_smile

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Reds2011
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • mrslong
  • bb_gun
  • Mr Fourex
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Fitzy
  • bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.