CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

Head gone. Marsh needs to attack. 200+ and we are in a good spot.

Well Head gone for 1. This is happening quickly now. All the hard work by Khawaja and Smith already undone.

Bear in mind though this pitch is CLEARLY a bowler's pitch.

Australian batting is so cooked

It is but this is a really tough pitch, it is doing all sorts and O'Rourke is spraying them left, right and then a wicket taker in centre - reminds me of Harmison.

Up to the two big Western Australians now.

Marsh gone for 40 but in the context of the game, it was a good innings, probably worth about 80.

That is why I just don't rate him, he has all the talent in the world as a batsman but he just plays dumb shots at dumb times.

Australia really need to see big scores from as many of these guys as possible in the FC games this week:
- Pucovski
- Hardie (though I think he is out with a calf injury)
- Clayton
- Davies
- Jewell
- McSweeney
- Konstas
- Dixon (if he plays)

Neser really is a must pick with the way our batting is going rn. They need the support down the order.

Carey has to be on thin ice too. I'd be giving Pierson or Inglis a shot.

The problem is, the player who really should be dropped is Labushagne but who are you replacing him with? This is the biggest issue in front of the Aussie selectors. The problem for Neser is that none of the quicks should be dropped and both Marsh and Green haven't done enough to be dropped.

Then you have the next bat in in Renshaw who has looked even worse than Labs in recent times. I mean, if Pucs hits another ton this week, you could certainly made an argument to fast track him back in to the side but that is it.

Does look like a good toss to win and bowl, tough today but will probably get easier.

Australia really need to see big scores from as many of these guys as possible in the FC games this week:
- Pucovski
- Hardie (though I think he is out with a calf injury)
- Clayton
- Davies
- Jewell
- McSweeney
- Konstas
- Dixon (if he plays)
I think Hardie, McSweeney or Davies are just gonna get chucked in the deep end sooner or later. McDonald seems a bit of a boys club coach so nobody will ever get dropped. He is weak as piss accepting this doing the bare minimum to win crap every step of the way.

As much as we have won just about everything worth winning under him it’s nowhere near as rewarding cause we just plod along averagely and somebody does just enough to get us home every time. We can’t go into the next era with him at the helm imo.

Probably need punter as coach. Good coach, demands respect and will demand a high level of cricket at the expense of a relaxed environment. The Aussie set up seems to be one of the most lackadaisical high performing team environment in world sport. I just don’t see how this team has won as much as they have. This is a much more capable team than what they dish up most of the time. Hard to really get around the side and get super excited for accomplishments when you seem to be constantly doing the bare minimum to attain these achievements. I think for the quality of this side the achievements they have gotten have been essentially the bare minimum anyway.

It wreaks of a side that has zero pressure to maintain there spots. No surprises that the least comfy in Green and Marsh have put there hand up more than anyone else. Smith and Khawaja did well but they don’t seem like the **** about types.

Obviously a tough deck to bat on but this is an all to familiar position of looking very underwhelming with both bat, ball and in the field under McDonald despite constantly getting rewarded.

Wonderful 50 by Green, these are very tough runs. I'd argue that this is an equivalent to a century, very very good innings.

Its 5:40 at the ground and they have bowled 74 overs. Really really really slow bowling by NZ here and they deserve to lose points for the slow over rate today. Its been pace all day until the last over bowled.

Its 5:40 at the ground and they have bowled 74 overs. Really really really slow bowling by NZ here and they deserve to lose points for the slow over rate today. Its been pace all day until the last over bowled.
They’ll go pretty close to 90 after the extra half an hour. For no spin they have gotten through pretty quickly actually.

That is unlucky for Cummins, he looked good and then gets one that stays super low. I still think this is a good score. I also do hope Lyon and Hazlewood hang around long enough for Green to get a very well deserved ton.

Active Now

• Emanon
  • sooticus
  • Santa
  • Financeguy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Socnorb
  • GCBRONCO
  • maddo
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • Culhwch
  • Redfern_1980
  • Ffs...
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.