CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

They all bat like a bunch of fucken pussies. Jesus fucken christ. We have had nothing to lose for nearly an hour now and the only bloke willing to pull there finger out was Peirson.

I tuned in at the end, we were 5/140 or something, I was thinking "oh yeah nice, the boys are ready to make their charge", until I realised it was the last over of the game.

What on earth were they doing?

Imagine getting rid of Lynn when that's your batting lineup. Smart decisions.

Lynn was no better, the odd flash in the pan blistering innings but other than that, no good.

He was our version of Virat Kohli, the air went out of the tyres the minute he got out. Not really a team effort when you are sweating on one guy.

Yeah well that really isn’t our batting lineup is it. Still missing Khawaja, Marnus and Renshaw plus Neser can round off an innings better than what we had.

Yeah well that really isn’t our batting lineup is it. Still missing Khawaja, Marnus and Renshaw plus Neser can round off an innings better than what we had.
Ah, so the team expected to have test players available when they were never going to be? Sounds like smart squad building.

Lynn is batting somewhat smart here so far, fully expecting him to nail one straight to a fielder.

Pretty dumb from Lynn in hindsight, if he waits 3 more balls he can swing like a rusty gate with only 2 outside the circle

Pretty dumb from Lynn in hindsight, if he waits 3 more balls he can swing like a rusty gate with only 2 outside the circle
It's what he always seems to do.

Team need him to hang around, but instead he goes looking for a way to get himself out

In the end it was a match defining knock but seriously, any score would have been, all out for 15?

That is so embarrassing and they play again in a few days, how do you pick yourself up from that?

Rishabh Pant has been in a serious car accident after falling asleep at the wheel. No comment on extent of injuries at this point. :(

Pakistan might have just thrown this test match away in some insane version of Bazball

Maybe we're entering a phase where captains are almost gonna be shamed out of opting for draws
Good otherwise test cricket will die. There’s talk about limiting first innings to 100 overs and making it 4 days. Stops teams making 500 and being on the attack the rest of the match.

Good otherwise test cricket will die. There’s talk about limiting first innings to 100 overs and making it 4 days. Stops teams making 500 and being on the attack the rest of the match.
I can't see it happening, at least not for a long time, like full generational change amount of time. They've made zero progress on much smaller things like flexibility around breaks (like when it can rain for 2 days, they come out and play and then go off for lunch break 15 minutes later). And I don't think it has to either, the cricket being played is as good as I have seen it in my life. I've never bought into the doom about test cricket.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Organix
  • Lozza
  • Bronx48
  • Midean
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Galah
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Redux
  • Dash
  • westy316
  • Allo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.