CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

Harris/Bancroft and Labuschagne/Patterson the big decisions for the 1st test.

I wonder what role J.Pattinson and J.Richardson will play this series. Big fan of both, Pattinson in particular, I thnk he's potentially the world's #1 bowler if his body can ever hold up.

I don't reckon Bancroft is any chance, hasn't scored enough runs in county. Very interested in J.Patt as well, really hard to crack our bowling rotation though, probably needs an injury to get in, or some serious under-performing from Hazlewood.

Edit: Bancroft did finish the county season with 109, 36, 92*, 77 & 158, so maybe he will be a chance.

Bancroft in county - 15 innings, 690 runs @ 49.28
Labuschagne in county - 16 innings, 1057 runs @ 70.46

I would pick Pattinson as the first guy in after Smith. This would be my first test side if Khawaja is out:

1. Burns
2. Warner
3. Labamba (never thought I’d be picking him but his county form has been exceptional and is a decent fifth bowling option)
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Patterson
7. Paine
8. Cummins
9. Pattinson
10. Starc
11. Lyon

Another hundred for Wade, he’s in stupidly good form.

Yep, and Head as well. Head has secured his spot at 5 if it wasn't already secure.

Surely Wade gets a chance at some point, there's a legitimate argument to be made that he should be in ahead of Paine, but with the captaincy issue, you pretty much have to have Paine there.

Yep, and Head as well. Head has secured his spot at 5 if it wasn't already secure.

Surely Wade gets a chance at some point, there's a legitimate argument to be made that he should be in ahead of Paine, but with the captaincy issue, you pretty much have to have Paine there.

I'd say Wade might well be the 6 instead of Patterson. Labumblebee will bee there at 3.

Aussie women need to make 350+ plus here.

I love hearing the channel 9 cricket song again!

Ireland all out for 38, lol.

7th lowest Test score of all time, and the lowest since 1955.

Full squads for Marsh One-Day Cup opening week

Cricket Network
17 September 2019, 08:55 AM AEST

The 2019-20 Australian summer of cricket begins this Saturday with the start of the revamped, rebranded domestic one-day tournament, the Marsh Cup.

The six state teams have been split across two cities for the opening week of matches, with Victoria and Tasmania joining Western Australia in Perth, while NSW and South Australia are with Queensland in Brisbane.

The opening week will see one match a day played between September 21 and 26, with the Brisbane games to be broadcast live on Fox Cricket and Kayo while the Perth matches will be live streamed on cricket.com.au and the CA Live app.

The tournament will then move to Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney before it takes a break for the start of the Marsh Sheffield Shield on October 10.

New South Wales -

Squad: Sean Abbott, Nick Bertus, Harry Conway, Jack Edwards, Mickey Edwards, Matthew Gilkes, Liam Hatcher, Moises Henriques, Daniel Hughes, Nathan McAndrew, Arjun Nair, Peter Nevill, Kurtis Patterson, Daniel Sams

Queensland -

Squad: Jimmy Peirson (c), Xavier Bartlett, Joe Burns, Max Bryant, Cameron Gannon, Sam Heazlett, Charlie Hemphrey, Matthew Kuhnemann, Marnus Labuschagne, Michael Neser, Matt Renshaw, Billy Stanlake, Mark Steketee, Jack Wildermuth

South Australia -

Squad: Jake Lehmann (c), Wes Agar, Alex Carey, Tom Cooper, Callum Ferguson, Joe Mennie, Harry Nielsen, Lloyd Pope, Luke Robins, Alex Ross, Kane Richardson, Cameron Valente, Jake Weatherald, Adam Zampa

Tasmania -

Squad: Jordan Silk (c), George Bailey, Jackson Bird, Alex Doolan, Jake Doran, Nathan Ellis, James Faulkner, Jarrod Freeman, Caleb Jewell, Ben McDermott, Riley Meredith, Alex Pyecroft, Gurinder Sandhu, Beau Webster

Victoria -

Squad: Peter Handscomb (c), Scott Boland, Jackson Coleman, Travis Dean, Andrew Fekete, Aaron Finch, Sam Harper, Mackenzie Harvey, Jon Holland, Nic Maddinson, Glenn Maxwell, Will Pucovski, Matthew Short, Will Sutherland, Chris Tremain

Western Australia -

Squad: TBC

Source: https://www.cricket.com.au/news/mar...t-victoria-nsw-queensland-tasmania/2019-09-17

Oh god now the Marsh’s have an entire fucking competition named after them

What the?

They only needed 14 runs at 4-172 from 11. Went stupid trying to chase a bonus point I think.

Last wicket a touch unlucky on first look, but those decisions are prone to happen in these situations

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Battler
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
  • Morkel
  • Galah
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Foordy
  • Brocko
  • Organix
  • Wolfie
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Mustafur
  • kiwi2
  • Financeguy
  • Evander
  • Fozz
  • Footy Fanatic
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.