General State of Origin Discussion

Its quite comical the uproar about JT13 coming out and wanting to play for QLD. I think those grubs in blue are forgetting they have had plenty of Tongans, Samoans, Welsh, and Queenslanders in their filthy blue shirt. They are probably worried that if they cant beat the worst side in QLD history they have no chance if we add the worlds best forward into the mix.

especially considering it was reportedly the blues coach, Brad Fitler, who contacted Abdo asking for a review to the eligibility rules to allow those from tier 2 nations to play Origin

To me that seems ridiculous that he can’t, if however it was 17 that’s different.
He could, he just chose New Zealand over QLD at the time. He can still play for NZ if he wants to, as far as I know.

Last edited:
Hypothetical QLD team, if Taumalolo were allowed to play -

1. Ponga
2. Holmes
3. Gagai
4. Capewell
5. Coates
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Papalii
9. Grant
10. Welch
11. Fifita
12. Fa'asuamaleaui
13. Taumalolo

14. Hunt
15. Collins
16. Fotuaika
17. Arrow

So latest side:

1. Ponga
2. Holmes
3. Gagai
4. Capewell
5. Coates
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Papalii
9. Grant
10. Welch
11. Fifita
12. Kikau
13. Taumololo

14. B.Smith
15. Tino
16. Arrow
17. Collins

Wowsers!

He had a chance to pick QLD. He refused. Gotta live with it now.
Technically he had a choice between Australia and New Zealand (who he doesn't even play for anymore)
As soon as you say you want to play for any other tier 1 Nation other then Australia your scrubbed out on the current rules.

Even though background wise his case is just as strong as any other queenslander as he has done junior reps for QLD as well as being int he state when he started High School.

The rules are definitely going to change within the next year or so anyway, QLD has a bit of advantage in that the best Rugby league schools in the country are in SEQ.

This is getting hilarious now. Fonua-Blake wants to play for Queensland now seeing as he was born here, lol

This is getting hilarious now. Fonua-Blake wants to play for Queensland now seeing as he was born here, lol
If you're born in Qld or NSW you absolutely should be eligible.

If you're born in Qld or NSW you absolutely should be eligible.

They would have kittens down south if we could call on Blake, JT13 and Kikau. Look at that for a forward pack. Fifita, Kikau, JT13, Fonua Blake, Papalii and Harry Grant, With Arrow, Tino, Welch and one of Collins, Sua or Capwell on the bench. That would be as good as anything we have ever had.

They would have kittens down south if we could call on Blake, JT13 and Kikau. Look at that for a forward pack. Fifita, Kikau, JT13, Fonua Blake, Papalii and Harry Grant, With Arrow, Tino, Welch and one of Collins, Sua or Capwell on the bench. That would be as good as anything we have ever had.
Beautiful. Let's do it.

Actually it would be worth to see it for the NSW media bitching. Kick back on a couch with a nice strawberry milk or whatever and enjoy them go at it.

As someone who doesn't want the rules changed, i'm pretty happy with all these guns opting to play for QLD as it probably guarantees there is no change.

whats the difference between tupou for the blues compared to JT13. I know Tupou played for nsw first but why cant it go the otherway?

whats the difference between tupou for the blues compared to JT13. I know Tupou played for nsw first but why cant it go the otherway?
Taumalolo declared for NZ at the start of his career, which means he is ineligible for Australia and therefore Origin.

Our long term spine is locked in .
Ponga
Munster
Walker
Grant.

= new dynasty.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Thelmus
  • LittleDavey
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • TimWhatley
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.