Gidley out of Cup

Hopefully this means Hunt to fullback, Slater to the bench. I still stand by my comment that Hunt is a better utility than Gidley anyway (he can cover the forwards, which is very important, and would probably do a much better job than Gidley in the backs...and Gidley was awful there last match).

Gidley wasn't awful he barely got a run and then came on as a hooker which he is not. They should have Hunt on the bench but move Slater to hooker if they want to replace Smith with Hunt during the game, Slater fills in for him at club level well enough not that I think we need to be replacing Smith at any point. Hunt on the bench he covers plenty of positions and Slater deserves his place.

Gidley was the form player in the NRL in 2008. The Australians will miss him terribly. I predict England will get within 30 of us on Sunday without Gidley there.

Coxy said:
Gidley was the form player in the NRL in 2008. The Australians will miss him terribly. I predict England will get within 30 of us on Sunday without Gidley there.

ROFLGIDLEY!

Within 30? Undervaluing Gids a bit there.

Well I'm assuming they're going to put Flopsgibbon onto the bench as the utility back :P ROFLSTUART.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Gidley wasn't awful he barely got a run and then came on as a hooker which he is not. They should have Hunt on the bench but move Slater to hooker if they want to replace Smith with Hunt during the game, Slater fills in for him at club level well enough not that I think we need to be replacing Smith at any point. Hunt on the bench he covers plenty of positions and Slater deserves his place.

He came on as hooker, but after a couple of minutes moved into the centres, and alternated between that and the wing with Folau (because Tate got injured). And his decisions in defence were pretty awful. This is a blessing as far as I'm concerned. Gidley is an awesome player, but only really at fullback.

Alec said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:

He came on as hooker, but after a couple of minutes moved into the centres, and alternated between that and the wing with Folau (because Tate got injured). And his decisions in defence were pretty awful. This is a blessing as far as I'm concerned. Gidley is an awesome player, but only really at fullback.

We conceded 6 points none of which came when he was on the field, so yeah.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Alec said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":2xq15c57]Gidley wasn't awful he barely got a run and then came on as a hooker which he is not. They should have Hunt on the bench but move Slater to hooker if they want to replace Smith with Hunt during the game, Slater fills in for him at club level well enough not that I think we need to be replacing Smith at any point. Hunt on the bench he covers plenty of positions and Slater deserves his place.

We conceded 6 points none of which came when he was on the field, so yeah.[/quote:2xq15c57]

Well, yeah...most of the game (and the bad decisions) were on the NZ's side of the field. [icon_razz1

Coxy said:

LMAO! great post [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Unread

Active Now

• Canga
  • Cavalo
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.